Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MarkTheBozo.com -=New Arcade=-  (Read 2834 times)

Marky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2003, 06:52:18 pm
  • I want my own arcade controls!
MarkTheBozo.com -=New Arcade=-
« on: February 23, 2003, 07:15:49 pm »
Hey everyone tell me what you think of my arcade machine...

http://www.markthebozo.com

MarkTheBozo

Brax

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2009, 09:03:48 am
  • Bring on the power tools!
Re:MarkTheBozo.com -=New Arcade=-
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 10:16:11 am »
Beautiful. Perfect.
If you build a frankenpanel, chances are I don't care for you as a person.

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 12:34:56 pm »
Hey everyone tell me what you think of my arcade machine...

http://www.markthebozo.com

MarkTheBozo

I love your domain name =)

You might want to thumbnail your pictures instead of just html resizing your 600k pics... (it'll look better, and thumbnails are useless if you make me load 9 oversized pics squished on one page)... just an fyi, don't mean to be critical.

also what joysticks are those? unless they are 4 ways meant for a metal control panel you might have mounted them in an uh... unconventional manner =P (nothing wrong from that - just uh.. unconventional)

Pretty cool otherwise - I wish I had a cocktail cabinet to go with my upright (and room to put it somewhere, of course)  Would also like to hear more details about the project i.e. what plans you used, what sticks/buttons, what pc/monitor, what was easy/hard/fun... what would you approach differently if you did it again... what you plan on doing next (glass top?) to it, etc.

welcome to byoac, btw!

Rampy

PS let me know if you want any help/clarification on any of the "issues" I brought up above. I'd be glad to.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 01:18:51 pm by rampy »

Marky

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2003, 06:52:18 pm
  • I want my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 06:58:31 pm »
my cocktail plans are the combination of a couple. Im going to have exact measurement at my site when i have the time to do that. i used a competition joystick and horz. microswitch buttons from happ , The computer is actually a cheep pentium 1 that i had laying aroound so mame is not being ran on it. I use sneese which is a super nintendo emulator and some other emulators which i need to load on it still. Its running Windows 98SE and i use a pacbell remote for all the system commands, (ALT-F4, etc.) and the mouse. My future plans are to upgrade the computer and load mame when i get a better computer.