Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Configuring mame's newer additions?  (Read 5980 times)

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
Configuring mame's newer additions?
« on: October 09, 2006, 04:45:20 pm »
This is not necessarily directly wiki related, but could make a good addition.

The new renderer system that has been added to mame in recent versions seems great - seems to deal with artwork and everything, and I know lets you create 'views' and 'screens' exactly as you like (for multi-monitor games). And I've seen fancy artwork/effects added to simulate scanlines using transparcy etc...

..however, I've not found great explanations on setting it up. I have read the latest mame docs, which explains the syntax of the various options (-numscreens, -effect, -screen(0), -view(0)) but it is not that obvious - to me - what you need to do to e.g. setup Darius (triple monitors) to display on 1 2 or 3 monitors.

Is there anywhere that has set up a tutorial on this? If not, when I get it sussed I'll try and add something to the wiki unless anyone else can assist....