Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Marquee and Mame Logo  (Read 4279 times)

waveryder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2011, 04:26:17 am
  • I Troop, therefore I am
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
Marquee and Mame Logo
« on: February 22, 2003, 07:18:56 am »
Me again! Just wanted to show off my new marquee and offer some help to the non artistic with their marquees. My new marquee has a minimix theme and is completely redrawn from scratch.

I am really looking for some constructive feedback anything is welcome!
Secondly i found this oversized mamelogo over a year ago on the net I have dropped it onto my website if anyone needs it.

It is sized at 4500x1500 should be big enough to form the basis of a good mame marquee.http://www.btinternet.com/~waveryder/Mame4500x1500noflash.rar
I have a shed load of arcade artwork resources and if anyone is looking for some help with their marquee just gimme a shout. Hope this is of some use to someone.
When pixelated clipart just wont do, just call for Betty

SONIC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2006, 02:53:02 am
  • Insanely Great
    • Sonic-Media
Re:Marquee and Mame Logo
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 07:51:16 am »
Where did you grab those cute characters from Pocket Fighters? You got them in a good/big resolution, or do you know where to get them? PM me, email me, post it here, just share for crying out loud :D

Looks good your marquee :) Nicely done!

waveryder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2011, 04:26:17 am
  • I Troop, therefore I am
    • BubbleGum Custom Art
Re:Marquee and Mame Logo
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2003, 09:17:41 am »
Actually I drew them. I looked all over the place and could not find them at a high resolution. I used some pics from arcadeflyers.com and the game itself, redrew them scanned them into the comp, recoloured them in PSP with a Multiply layer outlined a few errors that I made ;) and added a drop shadow. Each character has been reproduced at 1118X1476
When pixelated clipart just wont do, just call for Betty

Zandra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2014, 03:15:21 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Marquee and Mame Logo
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 03:16:13 am »
Does anyone have the Asteroids SideArt in vector or highres format?  It seems to exist as both ArcadeShop and MameMarquee sells it.  I am a cheap ass and have a plotter and vinyl paper and would like to print this myself as it won't cost me a dime.

If you haven't already seen my Asteroids thread my cabinet was cut in half so I had to bondo, sand, and paint.   This is for my personal collection so I don't need to go crazy with cost.
Zandra

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:08:16 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Marquee and Mame Logo
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:40:54 pm »
Does anyone have the Asteroids SideArt in vector or highres format?
Joymonkey has four 11250h x 5250w, 150dpi PSD files (two versions of both sides) on his paysite here.

Scott