Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bad Trader Harpal - (split from: Bad Traders List - Please keep it clean)  (Read 31103 times)

AlexC

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2012, 05:18:05 pm
  • "Beware, I live!"
This was last email from Harpal :

h i,

sorry if you think this is taking ages,  i aint been at the office much as still sorting the warehouse out, i didnt have time to check the paypal  account  as who ever did this,took afew of our computers and my main laptop which i used to keep my passwords sercured onto the pages so i dont need to type them every time going onto ebay or paypal anyway had a phone call from a mate saying lots of stuff was being sold cheap  on my ebay account, and he was asking me if he can come pick up the stuff so i said i dont have a clue what you taking about,anyway he was write my account had been used, but luckly i put a stop onit in time as the auction didnt end, plus my paypal account had 3555pounds spend through it, so paypal are checking my account at the moment i have asked them to refund you, but it is down to them and will have to wait, only other solution i can say is a bank transfer

let me know
-----------------------------------------------------

Like I would give him my freakin bank information.
What a loser.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 08:15:14 am by saint »

kjoel0123

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2012, 09:57:19 am
  • Cabs for sale - Please see my flickr page for all
Re: Bad Traders List - Please keep it clean- thanks-
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 04:28:07 pm »
What a piece of crap, I called my credit card company today and they stated it would take between 6 to 8 weeks to get refunded. Honestly I would just like to kick his --I'm attempting to get by the auto-censor and should be beaten after I re-read the rules-- for free....
Dedicated Cabaret cabs I currently own:
Neo Geo/ GT Complete/Mspac galaga reunion
full size cabs: Playchoice 10 Single Monitor/Nicktoons Racing/Junior King Cocktail/ Super Punchout/
Pins- Revenge From Mars/ Black Rose/ LW3

For Sale/ Trade: Digdug in Ireland Cab/83' Chexx Hockey/Battlezone/PC10 Bartop with 6 games
Check out http://www.flickr.com/kjarcade <--not updated

srabelpawz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2010, 11:07:44 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 12:38:52 am »
  I almost sent a bunch of stuff to him(Harpal) for an xbox 360. thank god that deal fell through

kenmelk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2008, 09:39:13 am
  • We live "In a world of PURE imagination"
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 12:41:18 am »
Harpal got me too!!  I am waiting on 1 xbox 360, 4 PSP games, 2 LCD screens, I PCIe Videocard, and some other stuff, I paid him around feb 3, do you all think i can get paypal to give my money back still??  I got the warehouse email also, but not the same one you guys did.  I also got the crap about how he has been busy and will get me my receipt and shipping stuff soon!  What a joke, i am about to fly to the UK, and kick his wanker --I'm attempting to get by the auto-censor and should be beaten after I re-read the rules--!!!

Harpal if you read this, i know you supposedly had some sh** to deal with, that is fine, ATLEAST let us all know about our packages, or give us our money BACK!!

I for one am going to the US attourney general to see if there is anything that can been done, and i am going to contact the athorities in his area as well, if anyone has his address, please PM me with it.  I have a friend who works for the FBI, and i am going to have him do some checking too!

This really pi$$es me off as i don't have a lot of "extra" cash floating around, and he got about $300 of the little that i had!!  I know if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is!!!!!

Harpal contact me ASAP, or this will get ugly and you will get charged with theft, i am not kidding here!
GALAGA...a way of life!

kenmelk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 12:43:24 am »
Here is my last email from him:

Harpal

I'VE STARTED BUILDING MY FIRST MINI ARCADE!!!

Re: xbox 360
GALAGA...a way of life!

rugby1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2007, 12:10:12 am
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 01:01:56 am »
Wow,  what if Harpal turns out to be legit?  aren't you gonna feel like an ass

SOAPboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 01, 2009, 03:36:12 am
  • ..::GeeK::..
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 01:11:18 am »
Here is my last email from him:

Harpal

I'VE STARTED BUILDING MY FIRST MINI ARCADE!!!

Re: xbox 360

rugby1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 01:14:45 am »
looks like he PM'ed you all on Feb 26th... 2 weeks is hardly forever... just playing devils advocate here   ;)  now if it was 3 months (like SS) then I would be pretty ----smurfed---- off too

versapak

• Somewhere between a block of wood and a monkey
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2020, 02:42:43 pm
  • I am t3h GAY!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 01:36:30 am »
looks like he PM'ed you all on Feb 26th... 2 weeks is hardly forever... just playing devils advocate here   ;)  now if it was 3 months (like SS) then I would be pretty ----smurfed---- off too

2 weeks, with no contact from someone that already has a few hundred dollars of your money, is hardly what I would call a short amount of time.

You sit on your ass for 3 months, then that is 3 months that the scam has gone cold, and the guy has now had to get further away.

kenmelk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 01:50:02 am »
You are right about the 2 week thing, HOWEVER since then i have sent NUMEROUS emails and PMs to no answer.  And if he is legit, I will not feel like an --I'm attempting to get by the auto-censor and should be beaten after I re-read the rules--, I will be a man and publicly appologize to him no big deal.  To be honest i thought he was a pretty nice guy and good to deal with.  So it seems i was wrong.  If there were not other complaints and it was just me, then maybe i would feel bad, but after reading all these, i see where it is headed, and I WILL PRESS CHARGES, HARPAL, if you read this, you better check your PMs as i am going to the authorties, and need some kind of response before so.
Hey ponyboy, can you get me that phone number you have for him?  Anything like that will help out in tracking him down!

GALAGA...a way of life!

dweebs0r

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2023, 04:49:40 pm
  • Ascendo tuum!
    • Jodys Garage Arcade
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 08:55:51 am »
Anyone called the local police in his area?  That has worked in the past.
Visits from the local police always brings things into focus.
Generally its some kid who thinks he is a computer hacker and doesnt realize how not very anonymous the web can be.

-Dweebs
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 12:17:42 pm by dweebs0r »

dweebs0r

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2023, 04:49:40 pm
  • Ascendo tuum!
    • Jodys Garage Arcade
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 09:05:47 am »
I just noticed that the guy is in the UK.  That could complicate things a bit.

(I hope my comments werent out of line, Saint.  Usually I am way more crude and rude).   :D

-D

AlexC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2012, 05:18:05 pm
  • "Beware, I live!"
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 09:38:59 am »
To anyone that bought stuff from Harpal. If you paid via Paypal, file a claim against him ASAP. I think you only have 45 days from the day you paid him to file the claim.
If he does not respond in 10 days to Paypal you get your money back. I got mine back.
Good luck all.

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 11:46:12 am »
To anyone that bought stuff from Harpal. If you paid via Paypal, file a claim against him ASAP. I think you only have 45 days from the day you paid him to file the claim.
If he does not respond in 10 days to Paypal you get your money back. I got mine back.
Good luck all.

Just a note... You'll only get your money back if the money is in his account currently.  If not, it gets even more complicated.

Paypal is not as buyer friendly as they lead you to believe, trust me.  Glad you got your money back though.
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

kjoel0123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 12:49:15 pm »
Obviously waiting for an item for 7 weeks with no response and you state that harpal is legit !!!! Harpal is the biggest crook on here, I am getting a ton of email from the board telling me that no one to date has ever received anything from harpal...

If harpal was legit, why would he take this long to respond?? Why no emails?? Why no refund?? I will get my money back in 6-8 weeks from my cc company, but what if the buyer had paid by money order, obvious there is no way to get your money back, except for the mo receipt and good luck going to the post office trying to get your cash back on this.

I really feel sorry for all the good people in the forum here that were scammed out of hundreds of dollars. I personally lost $100 from him, but will take time to get it back. 

If anyone paid by credit card, call your cc company and file a claim ASAP. Same goes for paypal, you have 45 days to file a claim.

If you paid by money order, then you might be out of luck.. Search the interet, call the post office to see what you can do to get your hard earned cash back..

My buying tips for future purchases:

- Always pay by credit card, that way if you are scammed you will get your money back
- never send a money order or cash
- check users feedback
- ask ?'s before purchasing
- never buy out of the country

Well I learned my hard earned lesson, hopefully you can do the same..

I am just glad that I started this bad traders forum, I saved a few people their hard earned cash from being takesn and that makes me feel good.... ;)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 07:14:46 pm by kjoel0123 »
full size cabs: Playchoice 10 Single Monitor/Nicktoons Racing/Junior King Cocktail/ Super Punchout/

For Sale/ Trade: Digdug in Ireland Cab/83' Chexx Hockey/Battlezone/PC10 Bartop with 6 games

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 01:30:25 pm »

- never send a money order or cash

Money orders are trackable and verifiable about whether or not they were cashed.  The non-shipment of items after cashing a USPS money order also constitutes mail fraud.

MO's are more safe then PayPal IMO... there is nothing wrong with them.
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

missioncontrol

• MC-Retro says Wot!
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2021, 12:53:30 pm
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 12:06:23 am »
Money orders also make it easier to get them on mail fraud too

rugby1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 04:32:21 am »
Obviously waiting for an item for 7 weeks with no response and you state that harpal is legit !!!! Harpal is the biggest crook on here, I am getting a ton of email from the board telling me that no one to date has ever received anything from harpal...

First off,  Don't misquote me...  I simply said that WHAT IF he is legit?  He might not be but I never said he was or wasn't.....    Sometimes real life gets in the way of our hobbies....   I would file a complaint with the BBB, Paypal, Post office (or however you paid) and give the system time to do its thing...   threatening to pay someone a visit and beat them up isn't mature and probably is illegal in itself.... worst case is you are out a little bit of money,  you can't take it with you when you die so is it worth getting your blood pressure up?

rugby1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 04:38:15 am »
Reminds me of a t-shirt my girlfriend got me:

"You have the right to remain silent, Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you"

mccoy178

• It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2021, 10:23:42 am
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 04:49:35 am »
I am just glad that I started this bad traders forum, I saved a few people their hard earned cash from being takesn and that makes me feel good.... ;)

I'm pretty sure no one else is buying anything from Harpal, and that seems to be the focus of this thread.  I would say this thread has been good as a breeding ground to harbor bad feelings.  That is the number one reason this wouldn't get stickied.  It gives guys an open door to jump on someone.  So far so calm, but it never fails, someone gets burned and may post a respectable reply, then bam, it's a lynching and off on the post hell train we go.  I would suggest a thread for the people who were stiffed by Harpal so communication can stay centralized.  If it was serious, no one would mess with it. ;)

kenmelk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 06:55:38 am »
This is my final message to HARPAL, and YES i mean what i say so ANYONE who lost money to HARPAL i need to know the amount and when it happened.  I work for the FBI so i have connections, i do not like to let that info out, however i want you all to know i am VERY SERIOUS about this!!!!
This is the message, sent today at 7 AM, i amso sent it to his EBAY acount:

Ok here is the deal, I am going to the authorties, i am sending the cop to
102 WEST END ROAD,SOUTHALL,MIDDLESEX,UB1 1JL,ENGLAND.
this is your supposed warehouse.  You will be charged Federally in the US fof Fraud, and i am getting together with others you ripped off, so the amount is well over the $500 for GRAND THEFT so you will be charged with that also.  You can use the money you stole on lawyers.  I am contacting the police in your area, and you WILL BE ARRESTED and charged in your country as well, i have worked it out with the US Attorney General, you screwed me and others, not a good thing as this is not over and you are going to be on the losing end.  At 10 AM TODAY i am talking to the Attorney General and after that there will be nothing i can do to help you.,  I am giving you an opportunity here to make this right BEFORE the cops get involved, CONTACT ME TODAY, AT LEAST TELL ME TO "SCREW OF WANKER" OR SOMETHING!!!  Have the GUTS to be a man and step up and DO THE RIGHT THING HERE!!

Ken
GALAGA...a way of life!

mccoy178

• Offline Offline
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 07:22:05 am »
Hey, next time you want a spinner, you just let me know, I'll get outta the way. :police:

whatzcrackn

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2019, 12:14:02 pm
  • U just won tickets to da 'GUN SHOW'
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2006, 08:59:13 am »
If I am not mistaken, Harpal has like a thousand or so cabs.  If he is beating you guys out of money.........  ???

You may be completely supplying his cabs...  Dont send that guy anyone money!!!

Hopefully he will get his, May he play Tron one day and get zapped into the machine  :D

Well atleast it sounds good!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 09:01:35 am by whatzcrackn »

nullb0y

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2023, 04:37:32 pm
  • Who wants some?
    • antinull
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 11:52:47 am »
yeah... i kinda caught on to Harpal early heh thats why i never traded with him he was a member for like a few weeks and had almost as many posts as me? Post counts just to get them and then try to sell stuff (pop items) like xbox 360s and when i discussed a cheap item he was gonna charge me uber on shipping lol its just alot of red flags with him
Alright. Who wants some? Who's next? Huh? How 'bout it? Who wants some? Huh? Who wants to have a little? You.
  You want some more? Huuuh? You want a little? Do ya? Huh? You want some more? Huh? Huh? Hh!

F1r3f1ght3r

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2006, 01:37:27 pm
  • Lurking BYOAC since 2001
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 01:50:53 pm »

did anyone google map or earth the address?

*** FF sits back and munches his popcorn ***
If you build a man a fire he will stay warm for a night. If you set a man on fire... he'll stay warm for the rest of his life.

GGKoul

• Cheesecake Apprentice
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2019, 05:47:30 pm
  • I was once a big man!! -4700 posts later...
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2006, 02:35:49 pm »

did anyone google map or earth the address?

*** FF sits back and munches his popcorn ***

On google maps just type in the postal code... UB1 1JL

F1r3f1ght3r

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2006, 01:37:27 pm
  • Lurking BYOAC since 2001
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 02:42:37 pm »
F1r3f1ght3r passes some popcorn and soda that was creatively acquired from a "warehouse" somewhere in london.
If you build a man a fire he will stay warm for a night. If you set a man on fire... he'll stay warm for the rest of his life.

kjoel0123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 03:50:45 pm »
Just curious, Has anyone ever received anything from Harpal to date even before this scam???

mccoy178

• Offline Offline
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2006, 04:34:01 pm »
I'm telling ya, start a Harpal scammers only thread.

Fozzy The Bear

• Handbags at dawn in here!!!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2011, 11:29:59 am
  • It's Been One Of Those Days... Don't Ask!
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2006, 08:26:45 pm »
I have not bought anything from Harpal.... I am, disgusted that somebody from my home country, the UK, has been scamming the comunity like this.

However, there are a few things that you guys in the USA should note...

1) Southall, is a pretty notorious "high crime" and "gang" area of London...

2) His claims to have been burgled followed by his further claims to have had his ebay accounts and paypal accounts scammed to the tune of
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 08:28:49 pm by Fozzy The Bear »
Most bottles and jars contain at least twenty-five percent recycled Pacman.
And research indicates that Space Invaders are strongly attracted to people who have recently eaten meat pies.

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
This thread has been split off from the Bad Trader's sticky.
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

melidian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 01, 2009, 09:24:38 pm
  • Me So Happy...Me Want To Cry.
yeah, i had a bad vibe about that kid but it's likely people like harpal don't read the emails they get after something like this...your threats/complaints are probably falling on deaf ears - so if there is action to be taken i would initiate the process ASAP
i love the fishes cause their so delicious

pcates

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2011, 08:15:57 pm
I just got my $$ back from paypal :) I consider myself lucky, but if you used paypal, file a claim. Mine took 1 week to be resolved, but he must still have some $ left in his account. Maybe they froze it before he could pull all the money out.

Still kind of sucks though, because now I need to find a Ms Pacman PCB, and bezel. Anyone have an extra about??

Good luck to all,
Patrick

kenmelk

• Offline Offline
Ok, There is a case pending against him in the UK, and that is/was his real name.  I have spoken to the US attourney general and he is looing into what we can do here. I have had a few people let me know how much they got taken for, i need the rest, i can assure you all that i will nto publically post your names as to being scammed if anyone is worried about embarassment.  Harpal will get his, there is a warrant for his arrest pending and he will be charged.  The last known address does NOT match the address he has given to people, i can tell you this, the cell number AT ONE TIME is/was a legit number to him, however it has been disconected.  I am currently trying to get the new number he has.  So please if you sent money to HARPAL and are not receiving your stuff i need to know the amount and when and how you sent it PLEASE.
We have traced his IP address back to a different address and that seems to be his actual residence. I will keep you posted as things develope.
GALAGA...a way of life!

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
We have traced his IP address back to a different address and that seems to be his actual residence.

Curious who we is and how you actually traced it to an exact address...

markrvp

• ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! True Genius!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2020, 10:19:57 am
  • NFL Expert
We have traced his IP address back to a different address and that seems to be his actual residence.

He said he worked for the FBI I thought.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline

You believe that? I smell an exaggeration. Perhaps he knows someone who is going to go in the FBI. Or maybe his dad/mom works at the FBI.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline

You believe that? I smell an exaggeration. Perhaps he knows someone who is going to go in the FBI. Or maybe his dad/mom works at the FBI.

Ya know what...

It doesn't matter - sorry to hijack. Lets get back on the anti-karpal bandwagon. He sounds like he scammed some people. Sorry if you got taken Ken (it happens to the best of us).

kenmelk

• Offline Offline
leapinlew, I am 35, not a kid, been in the FBI for about 14 years now, i resent the fact you do not believe that, i do not have to prove myself to you or anyone else, i can only tell you the FBI has been my employer since i finished college.  I have a Masters in PSY, and a BA in criminal justice.  And my mon/dad owened their own companies for you information...I am not posting to get attention or anything like that, I am trying to right a wrong, nothing more nothing less if you do not want me to help then fine i will only help myself.  I work for the FBI in a division where i have access to that kind of thing, trust me on this.  I really hate to let people know where I work, it really is tough on me.  I can tell you this, we/I did trace his IP, we have our ways.  I am not in the business of messing with people, it is this guy just screwed alot of people and i was one of them.  This guy is gonna pay for his actions.  Now i am not going to be publicly announcing what is going on anymore as i do not feel like dealing with people questioning my motives or resources, so if you have been screwed by HARPAL or want an update, then PM me and i will let you know what the deal is.

Thanks

Good luck to all who got screwed!
GALAGA...a way of life!

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
For what it is worth -- I will not release an IP address or any other kind of personal information I have regarding access to these forums unless I am approached by verified law enforcement, am legally compelled to do so or believe there is a compelling reason to do so (such as someone's health or safety being at risk). I have not been approached by any party asking for information on this situation, and have not given any information to anyone concerning this situation.

----

That being said, it certainly sounds as if people have a legitimate case here and I hope efforts to pursue the matter and resolve it are successful. I just didn't want anyone to think I would lightly give out such information.

--- saint
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com