Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: is there a way to use sk jukebox with only a joystick and 6 buttons???  (Read 7651 times)

michelevit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2019, 01:46:18 pm
just wondering if there is a way to run sk jukebox with only
a joystick and 6 buttons.

i'm really impressed with the program and would love to run it in
my cab. i'm guessing there is a way to tab over the song selections and
use a button to enter them.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

if i only knew about this program before i finished my cab. ( i would
have installed a keypad somewhere)

thanks again for responding and thanks for the great forum.
i've learned a great deal from just lurking. sk jukebox
is the program that i always wanted. works perfect.

mv.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
This has come up a couple of times recently :

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=50753.0
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=50497.0

What I was thinking of doing is adding the ability to hit the Down arrow and it selects the first song on the top left album.  Then you can arrow down to the one you want.

I did have another idea of an 'album selection mode', where up/down/left/right would highlite one of the 4 albums on screen, then the 'song select' button would bring that album up in full view.  Then you'd arrow up/down to the song you want.  If you had the one of the albums on the right selected & hit right, I'd scroll the albums.  HOWEVER, that is a hell of alot of work to do that and has been on the 'to-do list' for some time now.

Of course, if you wanted you could dedicate 4 of the 6 buttons to F1, F2, F3 & F4 (or map these keys to something else).  This brings up the corresponding album in full view.  I can't remember off-hand if you can then arrow up/down the list, though, but that is an option that is easy to add  :)

michelevit

• Offline Offline
thanks a million. looking forward to going home after work and giving
this a shot. so sounds like it already does what i am looking for.
thanks for the quick response.

mv.

whatisk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2017, 06:41:39 am
  • Nothing to see here
On mine when I go into the album view I can use up and down to highlight the song I want. Handy for when there are more than about 25 songs for the album/folder and you can't see them all listed.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this post. Though several electrons were severely inconvenienced.

michelevit

• Offline Offline
that works.
that was exactly what i was looking to.
great job with the program.
i've been spending the last couple of evening setting up
mix cds to load into the program.

this program is exactly what i've been looking for.

so all i really need is a 4 way jstick, a button to get into large wiew, and an enter key.
looks like a dedicated jukebox is now on the list of build items.

thanks again.

mv.

miles2912

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2019, 05:30:24 pm
  • My first Home Game. Fairchild System F.

What I was thinking of doing is adding the ability to hit the Down arrow and it selects the first song on the top left album.  Then you can arrow down to the one you want.

I did have another idea of an 'album selection mode', where up/down/left/right would highlite one of the 4 albums on screen, then the 'song select' button would bring that album up in full view.  Then you'd arrow up/down to the song you want.  If you had the one of the albums on the right selected & hit right, I'd scroll the albums.  HOWEVER, that is a hell of alot of work to do that and has been on the 'to-do list' for some time now.

I was just going to post this as my "Wish List -too funny".   It would be in effect a one button and joystick solution.  My only other add would be the ability to select an entire album somehow to que all the songs in it... or as many credits as you have.

Don

Scratch built upright MAME Cab

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
My only other add would be the ability to select an entire album somehow to que all the songs in it... or as many credits as you have.

You can already do this :

For adding an entire album, use the song code '00'.  There are a couple of options in the setup screen that you can use for it, one for displaying '00 All Tracks' in the song listing, and the other is to use the All Tracks feature without displaying it in the list.