Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SK Jukebox as a DJ? Salmon King?  (Read 6760 times)

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
SK Jukebox as a DJ? Salmon King?
« on: March 23, 2006, 10:19:44 pm »
I am about to build a jukebox. We are considering using it instead of a DJ. We like the idea of people playing their own music and think it will give the reception a unique touch. Here are a few of my questions:

1. I am going to use a 15" touchscreen. What are people experiences thus far using a touchscreen? I plan on no external controls.
2. Is there any way to allow songs to play only once? To prevent hearing the duck dance more then once.
3. I want it to be as idiot proof as possible. I don't want someone to figure out how to get back to the desktop.

Thanks in advance for the help. We are still tossing the idea around and this is the best idea I've had to contribute so far.

SalmonKing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
Re: SK Jukebox as a DJ? Salmon King?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 03:19:39 am »
I can answer a couple of these, but not the touchscreen one :

2) You can disable the user(s) from being able to duplicate a song in the queue, but only if the song is still in the queue.  So, if the 'duck dance' finished a couple of minutes ago, there's nothing currently stopping them from queuing it up again (apart from not having it on there in the 1st place   ;)).

3) This should be pretty easy.  Just make sure you're displaying the program full screen, and disable any keys you do not want the user(s) to access (by going into Key Remapping & right click on the key setting).  If you disable the options key, you should be able to get back in there later to reset the keys to default by going holding Shift + Ctrl + Alt + O.  This will force the program to go into the Options screen, even if you have the options key disabled.

Or, if you disable the options screen all together (rather than just the key), you will have to open the .ini file in a text editor & change the option back again.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
Re: SK Jukebox as a DJ? Salmon King?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 01:08:10 pm »
Ok.... thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it goes - planning on starting the build in 3-4 weeks. Finishing up a mame cabinet now.