Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 49 way auto DRS and powerMame question  (Read 4159 times)

Farmboy90

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2006, 12:15:04 am
  • My cab is done... Pics coming soon!!
49 way auto DRS and powerMame question
« on: March 10, 2006, 03:39:38 pm »
I am going to be helping a buddy set up his 49 way panel this weekend.  He has two 49 way sticks and Randy's encoders as well as the latest powerMAME.

Here is my question...  I see on GGG that it talks about hitting the Joy button to switch the joystick to different modes.

Do I just ignore this and pretend I never saw it?  I am under the impression that I just install the joysticks, plug them into the encoders, install the drivers and powerMame, and then things automatically switch based on mame's game input.

In other words, I don't need to care about the joy button anymore.

Is this correct?

MikeQ

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 49 way auto DRS and powerMame question
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 04:15:07 pm »
correct.  PowerMAME directly controls the GPWiz49.  No external drivers even needed.

mccoy178

• It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2021, 10:23:42 am
  • Go Bucks!
Re: 49 way auto DRS and powerMame question
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 11:15:43 pm »
Farmboy, just so you know, if you don't use powermame, Sirp made a program that will switch the function of the joy depending upon the game, but you have to call.  See TigerHeli's page for how to set it up.  Very simple.  This is more of a reminder for anyone who has older versions of mame.