Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Mame Multimedia Website  (Read 6260 times)

JayTea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2009, 03:32:25 pm
  • Whatchu talkin 'bout, Willis?
    • Licoricepizza.com
New Mame Multimedia Website
« on: February 21, 2003, 03:12:14 am »
 http://www.LicoricePizza.com

I've been bitten so hard by the MAME bug that I dumped my DJ Website of 3 years and transformed it into some kind of retro multimedia MAME world.   ;D Truth be told, I hadn't done anything with the old site for over a year, and the only users I would get were using my "Topsites" feature and weren't really looking at what I had to offer as far as the DJ resources I had.

So, change is good!  I have original songs, remixes, and a MAME movie all ready to go, plus a lot of other cool stuff, including a dedicated MAME artwork / multimedia message board.  

By the way, licorice pizza is a record...and it used to be a record (vinyl) store in Southern CA in the 70's and 80's. So it is retro  ;D and you can get an e-mail address @LicoricePizza.com.  whadda baaahgan!  

JT the Footballguy
Step in the Arena

2slk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2004, 11:38:09 pm
  • Fascinating, Captain.
Re:New Mame Multimedia Website
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 08:20:48 pm »
Cool site. The video is nice and the mix is A1. It's also comforting to know that I'm not the only person on this board who suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder.  ;D

JayTea

• Offline Offline
    • Licoricepizza.com
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 08:24:51 pm »
My wife says that "perfection" is a four letter word in my case....I feel your pain slk :)
JT the Footballguy
Step in the Arena

2slk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2004, 11:38:09 pm
  • Fascinating, Captain.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 09:11:29 pm »
LOL!!!!

djsting

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2015, 08:30:06 pm
  • I want my own arcade controls!
    • My MAME Project
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2003, 09:16:52 pm »
Great site!  Love the mix too!  I don't suppose that you live in central Texas do ya?

Surgeville

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2024, 04:11:05 pm
  • Always so close, yet so far!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2003, 10:59:17 pm »
Wow.  I almost forgot about Licorice Pizza.
I used to love that store.
Everytime you went in they would give you a piece of licorice.
mmm...licorice...aaaahh.

Good times.
:)

JayTea

• Offline Offline
    • Licoricepizza.com
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2003, 11:39:03 pm »
Thanks for the compliments all  :)

djsting, sorry, I don't live in Texas, I'm a California kid, although i did live 2 miles from the house in the TV show "Dallas" in 1983 and 1984... Those were prime video gaming years for me.... hehheh!  Judging from your name, you must be a DJ (or former one, like me), too?
JT the Footballguy
Step in the Arena

djsting

• Offline Offline
    • My MAME Project
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 11:25:17 am »
In a way.  I used to DJ for parties/weddings/etc.  and as you know you don't have to beat mix to do this gig.  It was a lot of fun but I hung that up several years ago.  Now that I have purchased better equipment because I still enjoy playing with it in my home I would really like to get better at it and learn some techniques.  I have 2 SL1200s, a Newmark CDN-22 dual CD player, a Newmark DM-1295 mixer, and a Newmark BCM135 Beatkeeper II.  I was hoping that if you lived near maybe I could hang with you a bit and you could show me a few things.  Oh well... :(

JayTea

• Offline Offline
    • Licoricepizza.com
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2003, 02:20:53 pm »
     That would be nice (to hang out with another DJ), especially since I am somewhat of an "Old Man" in the DJ scene in the San Jose bay area (I'm 31)...I've been spinning since 1988 - but there are very few DJ's my age that are active...everyone wants a techno DJ around here, but I still like to spin the old stuff.  

I do have an outlet, I am a teacher at a private middle school and they allow teachers to teach "electives", which can be anything a teacher has a passion for...so I teach "Music Studio", which is an excuse for me to play with my DJ gear at school for an hour a day:)

I am teaching upper class kids the meaning of "Sugar Hill Gang", and the importance of "Whodini", and of course "Run-DMC".  It's almost a music history class as old as I am getting :)

JT the Footballguy
Step in the Arena

djsting

• Offline Offline
    • My MAME Project
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2003, 02:42:44 pm »
I'm right there with you!  I am 32 myself.  I do love the old stuff but I also like techno, house, hip-hop, trance, etc.

JayTea

• Offline Offline
    • Licoricepizza.com
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2003, 09:37:22 pm »
    Yes, I like some techno stuff too...if you listen to the other mixes on my site, you'll hear some of my influences..I have a bunch of mixes on my 4 track that I have never converted to digital, these were the only ones that I actually produced digitally (mostly digitally, still a lot of analog samples and scratches).

I'm in the process of deciding which movie I want to make next, and it depends on which mix I want to make next...the music always comes first, and then I get inspired to do the video.  Although these are the first MAME movies I have made, I've been making digital movies for about 4.5 years.
JT the Footballguy
Step in the Arena

PoDunkMoFo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 07:27:17 pm
  • If we weren't all crazy we would go insane... JB
    • Visual Horizons
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2003, 09:55:17 pm »
Man those pop ups are killing me.
 :-\

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2003, 10:06:01 pm »
Man those pop ups are killing me.
 :-\
Try this software- http://www.emsproject.com/FS/fs.htm
Totally free, no adware, no spyware.

Its an incredible intelligent popup blocker I haven't seen anything else even close to what this does.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

JayTea

• Offline Offline
    • Licoricepizza.com
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2003, 02:32:27 am »
Sorry podunkmofo, I thought I got rid of all of them from my previous website, but there were a few left - all gone (in  few minutes) I am uploading a new movie along with the updated html...should take about 15 min from now...
JT the Footballguy
Step in the Arena

djsting

• Offline Offline
    • My MAME Project
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2003, 10:25:27 am »
Here's a link to the one I use:  http://www.meaya.com/

It is $25 and logs all pop-ups that it blocks.  You also have the option of adding URLs or entire domains to a 'white' list and these pop-ups will be allowed to appear.  This is usefull for sites where you must login via a pop-up, or the Micosoft site which uses pop-ups in the Windows Update section os their site.

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2003, 12:25:33 pm »
Here's a link to the one I use:  http://www.meaya.com/

It is $25 and logs all pop-ups that it blocks.  You also have the option of adding URLs or entire domains to a 'white' list and these pop-ups will be allowed to appear.  This is usefull for sites where you must login via a pop-up, or the Micosoft site which uses pop-ups in the Windows Update section os their site.
Try the one I linked above. Its free, there are no pop-ups asking what you want to do with the popup thats tryng to popup. If it blocks a popup you want you hold ctrl-shift and it will popup. The only problem with it and I don't consider it a problem is sites that are using anti-popup detection programs. You can easily temporarily turn off the blocker or add that site to allow popups.

Its an intelligent pop-up blocker, which means when you want a pop-up it gives it to you but it blocks the unsolicitated ones.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

djsting

• Offline Offline
    • My MAME Project
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2003, 12:51:49 pm »
I may not have made it clear, the one I listed does not ask you what you want to do with a pop-up it just blocks it.  You have the option of it notifying you that it blocked a pop-up by having the program's system tray icon flash, one beep, or both.  If there is a pop-up you want/need then you add the URL or the entire domain to the 'white' list and these pop-ups will be allowed.

These two programs sound very simular and I would try out the free one first but would also consider trying the one I listed as it is only $25 and it has a trial period so you can decide if you like it or not before you buy it.  And honestly if you go through the trial and do not buy it yet continue to use it the program still works but you get these "nag" screens from time to time asking you to buy the program.

JayTea

• Offline Offline
    • Licoricepizza.com
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2003, 12:59:10 pm »
A new movie is available on the website...this will be it for a while, my schedule is going to be busy for the next few weeks... It's a MAME THX trailer (intro) about 30 seconds long.

http://www.licoricepizza.com
JT the Footballguy
Step in the Arena

Tehrasha

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2004, 04:21:43 pm
  • Spammers suck!
    • Darkon2002
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2003, 04:50:43 pm »
A new movie is available on the website...this will be it for a while, my schedule is going to be busy for the next few weeks... It's a MAME THX trailer (intro) about 30 seconds long.

Just being nit-picky, but that its the intro-sound for DTS (Digital Theater Systems) not Lucas' THX.
The box said 'Use Windows 95 or better' so I installed Linux.

JayTea

• Offline Offline
    • Licoricepizza.com
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2003, 05:30:58 pm »
Well, its not exactly the THX logo, either... You can rename it to anythying that makes you happy on your computer :)

JT
JT the Footballguy
Step in the Arena