Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FS: 800 Watt Millennium Home Theatre MTS 3100 NIB  (Read 13087 times)

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
Re: FS: 800 Watt Millennium Home Theatre MTS 3100 NIB
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2006, 12:58:40 pm »
I believe you can just cancel his bid and keep your listing active.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#canceling

As to payal, you can send them the email that you received and they will investigate it.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_help-ext&nodeid=25409&leafid=609971&prior_transaction_id=6525&answer_id=16777222
Thanks, is there a way to just cancel the auction all together?  Since I'm getting a refund theres no reason to keep it on there.

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2006, 01:10:31 pm »
Well, since a fraudulent buyer helped you out, you can probably get back all of your fee's.

You can initiate an unpaid item dispute. Odds are that the person will never respond to ebay's emails, so you will win by default.

I never knew about the dispute system until recently. I'll tell you the story since it's related to Arcade stuff:

I bid on what I thought was an i-pac 4. I won and then paid. I thought I got a good deal: about $10 less than retail. I later realized that it was actually just a 2p Ipac! Obviously I was not the only one confused because bidding was already up to $50 when I got in. I emailed the seller and told them what happened, and even offered to pay their relisting fee's. The seller then initiated a dispute as I mentioned to you. I got a refund, and the seller got ALL of his fee's associated with the auction back. I even got a free positive feedback out of the deal. ;D

AtomSmasher

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2006, 04:25:03 pm »
Well, since a fraudulent buyer helped you out, you can probably get back all of your fee's.

You can initiate an unpaid item dispute. Odds are that the person will never respond to ebay's emails, so you will win by default.

I never knew about the dispute system until recently. I'll tell you the story since it's related to Arcade stuff:

I bid on what I thought was an i-pac 4. I won and then paid. I thought I got a good deal: about $10 less than retail. I later realized that it was actually just a 2p Ipac! Obviously I was not the only one confused because bidding was already up to $50 when I got in. I emailed the seller and told them what happened, and even offered to pay their relisting fee's. The seller then initiated a dispute as I mentioned to you. I got a refund, and the seller got ALL of his fee's associated with the auction back. I even got a free positive feedback out of the deal. ;D
Nice, I will do that, thanks for the info.  Maybe your not so bad after all :)

NJDevils2006

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2006, 08:20:32 pm
  • proof the Mark Messier likes boys!
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2006, 06:50:40 pm »
The reason I am skeptical of this is that in the ORIGINAL post you claim these are going for over $1000 on EBay.......where did you ever see that info?  Maybe if you added up 3 of them. ;)

remain skeptical!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 06:53:09 pm by NJDevils2006 »
At least the fans go to hockey games "for the love of the game"........to bad the players don't!

AtomSmasher

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2006, 07:32:40 pm »
The reason I am skeptical of this is that in the ORIGINAL post you claim these are going for over $1000 on EBay.......where did you ever see that info?  Maybe if you added up 3 of them. ;)

remain skeptical!

http://cgi.ebay.com/MILLENNIUM-THEATER-SYSTEM-3100-DVD-CINEMA-SERIES-NEW_W0QQitemZ5876372314QQcategoryZ39817QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-MILLENNIUM-DVD-HOME-THEATER-SYSTEM-3100_W0QQitemZ5877100606QQcategoryZ1499QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/MILLENNIUM-THEATER-SYSTEM-3100-DVD-CINEMA-SERIES-NEW_W0QQitemZ5863504640QQcategoryZ1499QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Theres 3 right there all of which are $1000.  My first guess at the price was because about half of them were going for around $1000 and the ones that weren't were being sold by people with less then 10 feedback (probably all people who got scammed like me).

NJDevils2006

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2006, 08:20:32 pm
  • proof the Mark Messier likes boys!
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2006, 07:49:24 pm »
next time search what items actually SOLD for....none of those have bids.

the only 2 that sold for more than about 350, where purchased by people who have 0 feedback and are (no loner a registered user)
At least the fans go to hockey games "for the love of the game"........to bad the players don't!

AtomSmasher

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2006, 07:58:54 pm »
next time search what items actually SOLD for....none of those have bids.

the only 2 that sold for more than about 350, where purchased by people who have 0 feedback and are (no loner a registered user)
Ya I probably should of, but I hardly do any ebaying so I didn't even think of it.  The only other thing I've ever sold on ebay was an exhaust for a car and I knew exactly how much to charge.  Also, the person who "bought" mine is now no longer registered so I automatically got my listing charges refunded.

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:10:56 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2006, 04:46:00 am »
Use the amp and speakers for a MAME cab

that is the best thing. it will make for a bitchin cab! and you dont really want to be selling junk on to someone else. not even a stranger. thats what the white van guys did. sell to a stranger...

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

AtomSmasher

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2006, 12:40:37 pm »
Well I finally got a hold of someone at the company and I'm going to return the product, unfortunately they want to charge a 20% restocking fee and thats around $75.  Granted losing $75 is better then $450, but it would be nice to get all of it back.  I was going to use the fact that they lied about how nice the system is to get my money back, but they still say everything they told me was true.  The easiest to bust them on is they told me they are the same speakers that klipsch makes and uses, and are manufactured in the same place as klipsch speakers, but they say this is true and that they actually are very nice speakers.  Anyone know of a way to prove them wrong on this?  Any other ideas on how to get all my money back?

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2006, 03:10:29 pm »
Well, if they are a truly reputable company as they claim ;), then they would have had to supply you in writing with a return policy. If they didn't tell you at purchase either verbally, or in writing that there would be a restocking fee, then you could fight them on that.

AtomSmasher

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2006, 03:25:39 pm »
Well, if they are a truly reputable company as they claim ;), then they would have had to supply you in writing with a return policy. If they didn't tell you at purchase either verbally, or in writing that there would be a restocking fee, then you could fight them on that.
Unfortunately it does say 20% restocking fee on the back of the receipt :(  I'll still argue about how they use dishonest tactics to sell their merchanise, like the fact they told me they were going to take it to their store and sell it for msrp even though they don't even have a store and have probably never sold one for msrp.  Also the fact that they promote it as 800 watts, but its 800watt PMS not RMS and any other company would of labeled it with the 200 watts the speakers likely actually get.  If they still don't budge after a bunch of bitching, then I may just try to negotiate changing the sales price to $200 which is around what its actually worth.

I don't return it until tommorrow morning, so maybe someone else will have an idea.

MovingTarget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2023, 10:22:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2006, 04:05:31 pm »
Dude, just be happy getting everything back except the $75 and chalk that up to a cheap life lesson.  I'm not saying don't at least try to get it all back but in the back of your mind you should be willing to accept the deal you got offered already.  Oh, and I wouldn't go the route of trying to get them to change how much they sell them for, that just makes you look silly.  That's the entire point of their business.

This scam has been going on for years and this is the first I've heard about them actually refunding any money.

I'm big into Home Theater and subscribe to several magazines on the subject.  The "white van" scam is refered to about once a year.  In fact one year they actually sought the guys out to buy their junky speakers for a speaker shoot out/comparision they were doing.  Guess what...the speakers were total junk, there wasn't even a crossover in them.

It's not even decent stuff, it's total junk

mccoy178

• It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2021, 10:23:42 am
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2006, 04:14:51 pm »
You could sell us the restocking fee for $150.  I saw on Ebay it's going for $225! ;D  Why not cut one of us a deal first?!

AtomSmasher

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2006, 04:24:02 pm »
Dude, just be happy getting everything back except the $75 and chalk that up to a cheap life lesson.  I'm not saying don't at least try to get it all back but in the back of your mind you should be willing to accept the deal you got offered already.  Oh, and I wouldn't go the route of trying to get them to change how much they sell them for, that just makes you look silly.  That's the entire point of their business.
I agree and expect to lose the $75, but it doesn't hurt coming up with some ideas to try to get it all back.  Your probably right about trying to negotiate the price, not a great idea.

AtomSmasher

• Offline Offline
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2006, 04:26:57 pm »
Well this morning I went down to their "store" and returned it.  Unfortunately traffic was heavier then I expected so I was running late and couldn't spend much time arguing and ended up losing $75.  One thing that was kind of funny is that they were having their morning meeting and I could hear them through the door.  There were at least 10 of them (so 5 groups) and they were placing bets on who would sell the most that day.  They were also figuring out who was going where, apparently this one store goes everyone in a 1 hour drive radius from there.  One group was going to Oxnard, another to palmdale, another to long beach, basically 45 min - 1 hour drive in every direction.

I'm just glad I got most of my money back and learned my lesson without losing too much.

versapak

• Somewhere between a block of wood and a monkey
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2020, 02:42:43 pm
  • I am t3h GAY!!!
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2006, 05:22:37 pm »
Well this morning I went down to their "store" and returned it.  Unfortunately traffic was heavier then I expected so I was running late and couldn't spend much time arguing and ended up losing $75.  One thing that was kind of funny is that they were having their morning meeting and I could hear them through the door.  There were at least 10 of them (so 5 groups) and they were placing bets on who would sell the most that day.  They were also figuring out who was going where, apparently this one store goes everyone in a 1 hour drive radius from there.  One group was going to Oxnard, another to palmdale, another to long beach, basically 45 min - 1 hour drive in every direction.

I'm just glad I got most of my money back and learned my lesson without losing too much.

Glad to hear it is over and done with. It definitely sucks losing $75, but it is much better to lose the $75, than to have lost $450, and it was definitely a life lesson. No white van will ever look just white again. :)

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2006, 02:47:37 pm »

I was expecting him to post saying he went to get his refund and they mugged him.

DZuroff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2019, 10:36:44 pm
  • . . . A wizard arrives precisely when he means to.
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2006, 04:30:32 pm »
Where are they going to restock it?  In the back of another white van?  It sound slike your hands were tied because of the notice on the receipt but I think I would have still given them a hard time.  Now they get to sell the unit for $400 to some unsuspecting person and they made $75 on top of that.  People like that need to be dragged in the street.  I remember several years ago a friend and I were approched by two guys driving (yep, you guessed it) a white van.  They claimed they worked for XYZ company and their supplier overshipped these high quality speakers and because they didn't have the space they were slashing the price by 50% so they could unload them.  They were very persisitent that I would never find a deal quite like it so I should really consider buying a set.  I told them to take a hike before I call the cops and report them for harrassment.  The left and I have never had an encounter with another white van.  This happened in Elkhart Indiana so it isn't isolated to only big cities.