Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bad Traders List - Please keep it clean- thanks-  (Read 112737 times)

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:04:37 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: Bad Traders List - Please keep it clean- thanks-
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2014, 10:09:05 am »
Randy at Groovy Game Gear stole my money.  Plain and simple.

I ordered a part and it was returned to Randy because of a bad address.
He has since kept my money and refuses to reply to my numerous emails.
Even a credit card charge back has not motivated him to respond.

The transaction was December 23, 2013, plenty of time for Randy to step up.

I hate to throw a member like Randy under the bus, but he has stolen from me, and his lack of response is very unprofessional.

I would recommend steering clear of him and his site.

I'm a member of another forum and we caught wind of the GGG drama. I had the same problem you had. These guys have gone south on us. Ladies and Gents, stay away from them.

Your issue is that you don't know your own address and got your money refunded? 

:applaud:

Go run back to your other forum. 

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2014, 10:23:03 am »
I'm a member of another forum and we caught wind of the GGG drama. I had the same problem you had. These guys have gone south on us. Ladies and Gents, stay away from them.

I'm a member of other forums as well, and I haven't had any problems with multiple orders from GGG. Ladies and Gents, ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- happens. I have a feeling if the OP had entered the correct address on the order, there would not have been an issue. I don't know what your problem was. Be specific?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:26:54 am by yotsuya »
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2014, 10:25:27 am »
I've never had a single problem with any of my Groovy Game Gear orders.  Any questions or concerns were addressed quickly by RandyT.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:07:15 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2014, 10:28:06 am »
Ordered from GGG on Tuesday.  Package arrived on Saturday.  Order was complete.  Packing was very good.  Communication with Randy is always prompt. 

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2014, 10:34:54 am »
I've never had a single problem with any of my Groovy Game Gear orders.  Any questions or concerns were addressed quickly by RandyT.

Quit being a fanboy.

Ordered from GGG on Tuesday.  Package arrived on Saturday.  Order was complete.  Packing was very good.  Communication with Randy is always prompt. 

Quit being a fanboy!

I'm a member of other forums as well, and I haven't had any problems with multiple orders from GGG. Ladies and Gents, ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- happens. I have a feeling if the OP had entered the correct address on the order, there would not have been an issue. I don't know what your problem was. Be specific?

QUIT BEING A FANBOY!

BTW, I'm not a fanboy of any vendors. I can only speak to my experiences. I've only ever had issues with one regular seller here, and even then, I didn't feel it necessary to call him out because it was a specific incident, and not a case where I thought he was willfully ripping people off and I needed to save everyone's money. Over time, I've even got past my issue with him and have conducted other transactions without complains. Again, ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- happens. Get over it.

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:56:55 am
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2014, 01:26:19 pm »

Insanity.   Groovy Game Gear has over 15000 happy customers, with more every day, and has shipped over 25,000 orders in our 12+ years doing this.  Of those, we have 3 small orders here that are the equivalent of a "dead letter" box at the post office.  They are the result of people providing us with bad contact info, coupled with improper addresses, or an international order where duties are required from the addressee and the item was never picked up.  We make several attempts to contact the individuals, and when this results in no response, there's little we can do but wait for those individuals to reach out to us again.  Everyone else in a similar situation has, and we take care of the situation quickly and appropriately.  But three have not.  Those orders are still sitting here, in the same packaging in which they were returned.  The contents were never returned to stock, because we do not own them.  They are waiting to be claimed.

Further, about a week ago, I again attempted to contact whom I thought the first individual might be, with the email address provided with his order to see if he was one of these, as well as indicating here that he should contact me via PM on this forum.  As of today, no response whatsoever, neither in email or in the form of a PM. 

After time passes, and the items go unclaimed, it is not possible for us to credit the accounts of those individuals, as we do not retain the credit card information for security reasons.  As we only accept credit card for payment, the individual always has recourse in a situation like this, they need only to exercise it.  But it is never necessary to have to go this route with us.  In the case of the three "ghosts" I have here, I really wish those individuals would have.  It vexes me every time I see them.

If anyone thinks they might be one of those, CONTACT ME, because I can't seem to contact YOU.  If you don't, my hands are unfortunately tied.

RandyT
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:52:09 pm by RandyT »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:15:07 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2014, 01:29:58 pm »

Who are you , what board you post from, what did you order, when this happened, how much money did you lose (and if you ever got a refund),etc,etc
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2014, 03:56:02 pm »
Who are you , what board you post from, what did you order, when this happened, how much money did you lose (and if you ever got a refund),etc,etc
All questions I also had.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:39:08 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2014, 08:50:32 pm »
All questions I also had.
+1

Details or it didn't happen.
IF there is any substance to those accusations, making them without providing any relevant supporting details does not help your case.

Sorry, I forgot -- sock puppets don't need proof, do they?   :P   (10 minutes logged in, all time spent in B/S/T)

For poetic justice, check the ad on the screencap below.   :lol

Exit question: Is his choice of username a threat?

Scott
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:56:05 pm by PL1 »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2014, 10:17:00 pm »
Btw, RandyT is technically a vendor, not a trader. I'm not sure these complaints belong in this thread. This thread would be more like I bought a PCB from member PL1, and he took my money and sent me a fake tracking number (which didn't happen, btw). Those are bad "traders".

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2014, 11:34:37 am »
Careful digitalmonkeyman, the last member who vocalized his displeasure with GGG wound up with a temporary ban...

No one is banned for expressing their opinion of a vendor good, bad, or indifferent. Bans here are few and only for violating the rules. Airing a dispute with a vendor for the benefit of other potential customers is not a violation of the rules.
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:04:37 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2014, 03:34:01 pm »
No one is banned for expressing their opinion of a vendor good, bad, or indifferent. Bans here are few and only for violating the rules. Airing a dispute with a vendor for the benefit of other potential customers is not a violation of the rules.

While I agree that I've never been banned for a vendor opinion, I've had several vendor experience posts deleted without explanation.  Particularly when they've involved Ultimarc. 

Perhaps you weren't the one doing it, but it became so routine that BYOAC members can fend for themselves, so far as I'm concerned.

midd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:43:31 am
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2022, 03:52:37 pm »
Be aware of henry_j66.  He's fairly new here.  Registered on October 14.  Has made only one post so far, a reply to my post of my Star Wars yoke.  I told him I had it already but was looking for a frame for my LCD marquee screen.  Said he could do it for $100 shipped.  So far so good... B

ut then the red flags started.  First he asks me how I would like to pay.  I tell him I can do paypal, venmo Apple Cash, whichever.  Says he preferred paypal because that's all he had , but wanted friends and family (another red flag). I try to ease my suspicions and thats when I see he's new to the forums and his only post is a reply to my post.  So I ask if he's on any other arcade forums or facebook groups. nope/ (another red flag).  The paypal address is some beatrice@outlook.com (that's not the full address) and he claimed it was his grandaughters because as an old man he doesn't have paypal or venmo. Yet he knows about friend and family? Then sent me three emails asking if I had sent the money because he needed to inform his grand daughter.  (yep, another red flag). 

SO I make a last ditch effort, I ask to pay as good and services and once I receive the frame, I'll paypal him to cover the fee he would be charged.  Nope according to him I should take him for his word.   

Oh well...

Just found this after doing a quick search... MIGHT be a coincidence, but I doubt it...https://forums.aaca.org/topic/381042-red-alert-nip-a-scammer-in-the-bud/

« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 04:18:46 pm by midd »