Main > Buy/Sell/Trade - non-retail

Bad Traders List - Please keep it clean- thanks-

<< < (27/27)

saint:

--- Quote from: Nephasth on May 06, 2014, 01:40:22 pm ---Careful digitalmonkeyman, the last member who vocalized his displeasure with GGG wound up with a temporary ban...

--- End quote ---

No one is banned for expressing their opinion of a vendor good, bad, or indifferent. Bans here are few and only for violating the rules. Airing a dispute with a vendor for the benefit of other potential customers is not a violation of the rules.

pbj:

--- Quote from: saint on October 06, 2014, 11:34:37 am ---No one is banned for expressing their opinion of a vendor good, bad, or indifferent. Bans here are few and only for violating the rules. Airing a dispute with a vendor for the benefit of other potential customers is not a violation of the rules.

--- End quote ---

While I agree that I've never been banned for a vendor opinion, I've had several vendor experience posts deleted without explanation.  Particularly when they've involved Ultimarc. 

Perhaps you weren't the one doing it, but it became so routine that BYOAC members can fend for themselves, so far as I'm concerned.

midd:
Be aware of henry_j66.  He's fairly new here.  Registered on October 14.  Has made only one post so far, a reply to my post of my Star Wars yoke.  I told him I had it already but was looking for a frame for my LCD marquee screen.  Said he could do it for $100 shipped.  So far so good... B

ut then the red flags started.  First he asks me how I would like to pay.  I tell him I can do paypal, venmo Apple Cash, whichever.  Says he preferred paypal because that's all he had , but wanted friends and family (another red flag). I try to ease my suspicions and thats when I see he's new to the forums and his only post is a reply to my post.  So I ask if he's on any other arcade forums or facebook groups. nope/ (another red flag).  The paypal address is some beatrice@outlook.com (that's not the full address) and he claimed it was his grandaughters because as an old man he doesn't have paypal or venmo. Yet he knows about friend and family? Then sent me three emails asking if I had sent the money because he needed to inform his grand daughter.  (yep, another red flag). 

SO I make a last ditch effort, I ask to pay as good and services and once I receive the frame, I'll paypal him to cover the fee he would be charged.  Nope according to him I should take him for his word.   

Oh well...

Just found this after doing a quick search... MIGHT be a coincidence, but I doubt it...https://forums.aaca.org/topic/381042-red-alert-nip-a-scammer-in-the-bud/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version