Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Two questions for powermame  (Read 5243 times)

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
Two questions for powermame
« on: March 06, 2006, 01:57:07 pm »
Im going to switch to powermame on my next upgrade, prob v105 I have 2 questions tho
1. I thought I saw a letter here in the forums one  new option was to disable the ok screen if you wish to, is this correct.

2. is or will dual mouse support be setup in powermame in the near future for dual light guns.
thanks a bunch
dm
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

Tiger-Heli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
  • Ron Howard? . . . er, I mean . . . Run, Coward!!!
    • Tiger-Heli
Re: Two questions for powermame
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 02:23:24 pm »
Im going to switch to powermame on my next upgrade, prob v105 I have 2 questions tho
1. I thought I saw a letter here in the forums one  new option was to disable the ok screen if you wish to, is this correct.
Added in 104.1.0
[/quote]
2. is or will dual mouse support be setup in powermame in the near future for dual light guns.
thanks a bunch
dm
[/quote]
I'm going to go out on a limb and say MikeQ may hold up on this since a MAMEdev is currently working on it on the main MAME Distribution - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=51156.0;topicseen
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go. - R. Travis.
When all is said and done, generally much more is SAID than DONE.

divemaster127

• Offline Offline
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 03:42:47 pm »
thanks a bunch for the update, this looks like the version to go with
dm
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

lokki

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2017, 12:57:48 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 04:15:20 pm »
Added in 104.1.0

Does this not go against the MAME philosophy....

http://mamedev.org/about.html

Derivative works are allowed under the MAME license. However, you are discouraged from providing specific functionality that goes against the philosophy of the MAME team. Specifically:

• Do not add games which are more recent than 3 years old, or which are still being sold new by the company that produced them. MAME is not intended to be a platform that competes with arcade games that are still being actively sold.
  • Do not provide a means of generating a list of games that specifically
    identifies those games for which the user does not have image files. This only encourages users to seek out sources for illegal ROM, CD, and hard disk images in order to "complete" their collection.
  • Do not remove the startup screen that contains information about why certain non-working games don't work. This only serves to generate a bunch of useless email traffic to the developers asking why the games don't work.

MikeQ

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 06:52:58 pm »
Added in 104.1.0

http://mamedev.org/about.html

Derivative works are allowed under the MAME license. However, you are discouraged from providing specific functionality that goes against the philosophy of the MAME team. Specifically:

• Do not add games which are more recent than 3 years old, or which are still being sold new by the company that produced them. MAME is not intended to be a platform that competes with arcade games that are still being actively sold.
  • Do not provide a means of generating a list of games that specifically
    identifies those games for which the user does not have image files. This only encourages users to seek out sources for illegal ROM, CD, and hard disk images in order to "complete" their collection.
  • Do not remove the startup screen that contains information about why certain non-working games don't work. This only serves to generate a bunch of useless email traffic to the developers asking why the games don't work.

They haven't been removed and are on by default.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 07:12:38 pm by MikeQ »

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 07:08:15 pm »
^^^They haven't been removed and are on by default.

(is what he said if you wade through that.
Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.

Tiger-Heli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
  • Ron Howard? . . . er, I mean . . . Run, Coward!!!
    • Tiger-Heli
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 07:46:03 am »
Added in 104.1.0
Shhhhhhhhhhh. . . . .  ;D ;D ;D
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go. - R. Travis.
When all is said and done, generally much more is SAID than DONE.

divemaster127

• Offline Offline
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 07:53:57 am »
yah, sorry shhhh....