Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Various Artists Albums  (Read 4796 times)

cwbowron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2006, 04:09:43 pm
Various Artists Albums
« on: March 06, 2006, 01:26:17 pm »
EDIT:  Nevermind, I think the issue is that I downloaded the installer version but did not grab the latest version... Sorry...

First off, great program, I really enjoy it, and being able to use my Mame cabinet as a jukebox proved be be a big incentive to actually build one...

According the the changelog:

If using ID3 to get the track info, it will now change the album's artist to 'Various' if it finds a track that belongs to the same album but with a different artist. It will also append the artist names to the track names listed.

I have a number of multi-artist albums in my jukebox list such as compilations and soundtracks that are tagged with correct Artist and Title tags and the same Album tag that reside in the same directory but the software does not seem to working according to the changelog.  It puts the artist of the first track as the artist of the album and does not display the artists in the track listing.  Is there anything special I need to do with the tags to get this to work correctly?

Thanks...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 01:27:58 pm by cwbowron »