Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Disclaimer template  (Read 5737 times)

Felsir

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2022, 01:21:47 pm
  • Creating cab artwork
    • Felsir's World
Disclaimer template
« on: March 04, 2006, 08:51:52 am »
I made a disclaimer template:
Code: [Select]
{{DisclaimerElectricity}}
I also made a sample page in my user section: http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/User:Felsir/sampledisclaimer.

I think such disclaimers should be includes in any page that explains things like how to wire up a monitor, modify or solder electronics. I also think we could use disclaimers for pages that explain how to modify ini files, bootscreens etc.

Please review the template and make it better where needed. If we all agree we can make similar disclaimers for software, use of tools (jigsaws stuff like that).

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
Re: Disclaimer template
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 10:54:48 am »
I just threw up a WARNING! in bold in certain areas I thought needed it, such as the MDF section and nos copied it for MDO as well.

I'm not certain how a disclaimer template would be used and how it would look   Can you clarify or show an example of how it'd look and what the code is behind it?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 10:58:18 am by DrewKaree »
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

Felsir

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Creating cab artwork
    • Felsir's World
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 05:24:03 pm »
Note that the template itself is a wikipage: http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Template:DisclaimerElectricity, so edit it where needed.

The MDF/MDO disclaimer could also be included as one general disclaimer about the use of tools, paint etc. The reason to put it in a template is so we can include all the stuff we need to mention in one place and all the pages are instantly updated. Also one does not have to think about the text, just pick the right template from the list (hmm, a list of templates would be nice...)

So what do you think?

sirwoogie

• Supreme Chancellor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2022, 12:37:22 pm
  • It's Hollyfeld in a Winnebago!
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 06:01:40 pm »
You can get a master list of Templates on the wiki here

If you want to create an index page, by all means. :)

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 06:13:27 am »
Seeing how they work now (I wasn't too sure quite how they work - placement, setup, etc) I think that's an excellent idea.

The current changes to the Electricity disclaimer - I like the exchange for the dotted border and line break for easier visual appeal, but I don't like the text alignment the way it currently is.  I think it "worked" better centered.

If it's a "disclaimer" or "warning" templete (kind of like a static pop-up), they should all appear similar at least in formatting of them, right? 
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

Felsir

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Creating cab artwork
    • Felsir's World
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 07:33:47 am »
I added two templates. You can view the help page I created here. I plan to make more of the help section later.

Feel free to change the templates or helppage to make it better. I think the templates are ready for use and will evolve into better text later on (that's what Wiki is about isn't it?)