Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: will I need anything besides POWERMAME for auto DRS w/ my GPwiz49?  (Read 4228 times)

Timoe

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2009, 09:50:12 am
  • Team-Oh-tAy-Oh
    • Rattlin' Trash
I know, I know, search

But I figure I'm not the only one who will wonder this.  If I have a 49 way stick and a GPwiz49 and I use Powermame will I need any additional software for auto DRS?

Does powermame call upon an outside program for this or is the auto switching integrated into Powermame?

MikeQ

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: will I need anything besides POWERMAME for auto DRS w/ my GPwiz49?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 07:18:06 pm »
PowerMAME directly controls the GPWiz49.  You don't need anything else.  That was the point of adding it to PowerMAME.  More integrated, more user friendly.

Kremmit

• - AHOTW -
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2020, 05:59:29 pm
  • Who the heck is that?
Re: will I need anything besides POWERMAME for auto DRS w/ my GPwiz49?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 10:30:41 pm »
Assuming you didn't buy one of the very first GPWiz49s, that is.  The firstgen products did not support DRS mode switching via software, only via hardware.

If you're not sure if you have the firstgen product, any bought after April, 2005 should have the newer firmware with autoswitching enabled.  Randy used to offer an upgrade chip for anybody with the old ones, and I imagine he still does, but you'd have to check with him to be sure.