Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: {{Cleanup}}  (Read 4092 times)

MinerAl

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2023, 07:11:28 am
  • duck
{{Cleanup}}
« on: March 03, 2006, 03:12:05 pm »
At what point is a page that needs {{Cleanup}} cleaned up?

Does any content at all constitute cleaned up?

I did some work on the Trackballs page, but it's by no means comprehensive... should I leave the tag or lose it?

sirwoogie

• Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 10:16:38 pm
  • It's Hollyfeld in a Winnebago!
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
Re: {{Cleanup}}
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 03:18:16 pm »
I don't really have a set limit. I would say that any page that doesn't explain the topic is a candidate for cleanup. Or, I would leave that tag if some author feels the subject matter doesn't explain the topic well enough.

The cleanup notification is just a starting point. There are all kinds of definition and processes defined over at Wikipedia:Cleanup_process we haven't explored yet.

The more appropriate thing at this point is to put into the topic talk page the reason for the cleanup notification by whomever put the tag in.

sirwoogie

• Supreme Chancellor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 10:16:38 pm
  • It's Hollyfeld in a Winnebago!
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 03:27:32 pm »
The other thing I should say here is that we can get as complicated or as simple as we want from a maintenance perspective. If you read up on the Wikipedia maintenace pages you can see they get pretty intense. I can see the pluses and minuses here on maintenance, but for now, I don't think we have to get that complicated. :)

But again, I'm not going to restrict anybody for putting policies or templates in place to help the community out! Please by all means throw ideas out there and let them stand on their merits.

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 03:53:22 pm »
I've put a number of the cleanups (though not the trackball page) and mine were to notify that the page has obvious notes like

"THIS IS UNVERIFIED AND MIGHT BREAK YOUR COMPUTER"

or

"more content coming, I'm not finished" etc

If it looks good, take the cleanup out I say. As time wears on others will read your article and continue refinining it if necessary. Leave the cleanup in if there are still any glaring omissions or errors.
Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.