Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New consoles list for current consoles?.  (Read 4686 times)

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
New consoles list for current consoles?.
« on: March 31, 2006, 01:06:54 pm »
I have removed all newer consoles like Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, DS and so on (maybe Dreamcast should moved into that category too?) to it own page. I diddent like thier shown in the software emulation, because these may been new, and there are no good and fast emulatos.

Howover, some people use these consoles in thier cabs instead or together wich a PC, so we should show them to the wiki. But where should we shown them?

"Interfacing Controls With Your PC" should maye rename to "Interfacing Controls", so both PC and console controls could ben interfaced (like the Atari 2600 one).

What do you main?
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Re: New consoles list for current consoles?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 03:17:37 pm »
I have added a new section, wich cover all consoles/computer systems, regaardsles they are new or not. I have tried to redirect all pages, but some may been wrong (I hope I took all talk pages too).

I did that, because with some cosoles could been a newer page and in software emulation page. It was Sega Dreamcast I talk about (I got a PM about that). It is a 128bit consoles, like all newer consoles, but there are a emulator that is very done with these game it run verywell. But unlike other 128bit consoles, this is out of the market (wich is should state this as a classic console).

I whould like to add these new consoles on it own page, wich cover all 128bit consoles (PS2, Xbox, Gamecube) and newest handhelds (N-Rage and Nintendo DS). Should Sega Dreamcast list there (because some people may use this console as a hardware in thier cab). If there are primary emulators to these, these are counted here.

Only Arcade Emulators is still under software, because this wiki is about a cab..... But some may like to play other systems too (why I got this name).

What do you think?

PS. I got logged off (do BYOWN like when I are in "Post Replay" to long? When I tried wrote this topic, it looged off, and need to rewrite again. Terrieble Bug.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 03:21:13 pm by Space Fractal / Denmark »

MinerAl

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2023, 07:11:28 am
  • duck
Re: New consoles list for current consoles?.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 08:56:48 pm »
I'm going to write an article about hacking TV Games.  Would that be a new category, a current console, or what?

Also, when you log in to BYOAC use the login at the top of the page and choose to stay logged in forever.  That'll fix your time outting.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 03:19:45 am »
I have forgot all of them. They are all great toys. The should listed like ass all other consoles.

There are allready one article about hacking Atari controls (http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Atari_Controller_Interfaces), and of course you should doing that same thing with tv games (I guess you mean general).

Your article could been:

http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/TV_Games_Controller_Interfaces&action=edit

and link it from the main tv-games list, when it is finished.

Felsir

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2022, 01:21:47 pm
  • Creating cab artwork
    • Felsir's World
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 06:20:25 am »
About the current/new consoles: I would add them to the list. See the consoles talk page for further discussion on this topic.