Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: need your ideas chris  (Read 2521 times)

steptoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2012, 09:06:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
need your ideas chris
« on: February 27, 2006, 08:56:25 pm »
Top program by the way. Here is a pic of my cocktail cab which i have decided to use your juke. Just imagine it was yours, how would you set it up. Ive tried numerous scernarios and just cant crack it. Im not using the cover art one, just the standard abcd/1234 for song selections. If i had an 8 button player config id be right, but 6 buttons leave my combo a bit short. Anyway id greatly appreciate your input if you have the time. Cheers Grant

JustMichael

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2015, 01:19:40 am
  • Mmmmm!! Cheesecake!!
Re: need your ideas chris
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 10:31:27 pm »
Sounds like you already have enough buttons.  ;)  You can use the joystick (arrow keys) to move the selection box around and then hit spacebar (usually player 1 button 3) to choose the song.  I would change the pageup and pagedown keys to the white buttons that way you can flip pages.  If you do this I would change the selection method in the skin to single letter since P1 controls don't have letters. Yes, I know this isn't as easy as hitting a couple buttons to make a choice.

I wonder if you could make a skin that required 3 numbers to make a selection and then just use 1-6?

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: need your ideas chris
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 10:43:28 pm »
In this situation I'd set the ToggleAlpha option so A, B, C, and D use the same buttons as 1, 2, 3, and 4, and duplicate the controls on both sides.

You could change the selection type to Numeric and set them up as 1-6, but you'll need to change the background image to do it.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com