Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question about navigation  (Read 6261 times)

MyFyrByrd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2006, 05:40:55 pm
Question about navigation
« on: February 27, 2006, 04:49:15 pm »
I have spent alot of time trying to figure out how to navigate to the various tracks in my albums with a joystick . I can flip between pages but cannot actually move down the track list in the albums. Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible. I was thinking that once I moved the joystick down it would move to access the tracks but this is not the case. Is there anyway to do this so it would work in an arcade cabinet. I can access tracks with the mouse when I start the program from Windows but I loose the cursor when I open SK Jukebox through MAMWAH. Because of this it seems that I won't be able to use this jukebox in my setup. Please help if anyone has an answer as I really think the programmer has done a great job on this jukebox and would very much like to use it in my cab.  Thanks

kingflynn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 07:39:02 am
Re: Question about navigation
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 05:37:31 pm »
The only way I've found that you are able to scroll down is by using F1- F4.  These are the default buttons by which you can select one of the four albums on the screen.  You can remap them to four buttons on your cab.  After you hit one of those buttons, it brings the album into full screen and you can scroll to the song you want and select it. 

MyFyrByrd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 05:59:32 pm »
Thanks for the quick response! That does work, although it's not  the most user friendly method. It would be nice to see the developer add the up and down movement to access  the track list on future versions. Thats my only gripe with the program, other than that I think its perfect. Virtual Jukebox does navigate to the tracks with the joystick movement, but I think I like the looks of SKJB better.

Do you use a frontend on your cab? if so, am I right in saying that it is not possible to display the mouse cursor if you open an emulator or jukebox app in a frontend(such as MAMEWAH)?

clanggedin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2012, 11:08:55 pm
  • O'DOYLE RULES!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 06:12:21 pm »
You can remap the keys in SK jukebox you know. Re map the F keys to the arrows so your joystick can use them.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 03:52:24 am »
I have spent alot of time trying to figure out how to navigate to the various tracks in my albums with a joystick . I can flip between pages but cannot actually move down the track list in the albums. Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible. I was thinking that once I moved the joystick down it would move to access the tracks but this is not the case. Is there anyway to do this so it would work in an arcade cabinet. I can access tracks with the mouse when I start the program from Windows but I loose the cursor when I open SK Jukebox through MAMWAH. Because of this it seems that I won't be able to use this jukebox in my setup. Please help if anyone has an answer as I really think the programmer has done a great job on this jukebox and would very much like to use it in my cab.  Thanks

Not sure I quite get what the problem is here, but here's some ideas :

- Are you bringing up the full view at all?  At the moment, the 'focus' goes to the album list once you have brought up an album in full view, and then typed in a song number.  What I could do if you ARE bringing up full view, I could set the focus to the list when you bring it up.  That way, you could hit up & down to select the song you want.

- If you are not bringing up full view, when you hit up & down, which album would it choose to select the list on?

- If you turn on Mouse Support & turn off Hide Mouse Cursor, you should be able to use the mouse no problems.

MyFyrByrd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 05:20:00 pm »
SalmonKing, I would first like to comment on how NICE of a job you have done on this app.  It is by far the best jukebox program designed thus far. Hands down.

O.K. I was wondering if it is possible to keep the display as is(showing two albums per page) and use up and down to scroll through the tracks . Examlple.. I use left and right to flip pages(as the progam aready does) ,then once an album appears on screen I could use up and down to navigate the tracks(No need to display the full album on screen, just scroll through the four that are currently showing).  Pressing up or down will first highlight the first track on the upper left album in view. As you scroll down this album to the last track the first track of the next album is then highlighted and so on.   This way one could utilize the app with a joystick and a single button to select the desired tracks.
I think this would appeal to those with arcade cabinets that are set up with control panels designed to play arcade and console games.