Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Keep getting kicked out of MAME32, please help diagnose.  (Read 620 times)

Luckydevil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2007, 01:38:45 pm
  • mmmm.... kilowatts.
    • Garage Junkies
Keep getting kicked out of MAME32, please help diagnose.
« on: February 27, 2006, 11:56:00 am »
I'm using MAME32fx build .103 with Windows XP Pro. Windows has all the most recent updates and the computer is a P4 with 512mb of ram.

I'm using an iPac2 with all the shift functions turned off, and reprogrammed with the following keys...

P1:
Up- Up
Down- Down
Left- Left
Right- Right
B1- LCTRL
B2- LALT
B3- Space
--BINGO! Either that, or I was attempting to say "before" but it was too many letters to type--- LShift
B5- Z
B6- X

P2:
Up- R
Down- F
Left- D
Right- G
B1- A
B2- S
B3- Q
--BINGO! Either that, or I was attempting to say "before" but it was too many letters to type--- W
B5- I
B6- K

When I test out the computer without the ipac and using the default MAME keys on a keyboard it works fine. I don't get kicked out of a single game. It almost seems like a key ghosting issue to me (possibly ESC?), but I cannot recreate it in the WinIpac test mode. I'm stuck on this one and it is really starting to get annoying.

Anyone have any ideas on what it could possibly be?

Thanks guys.

cdbrown

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2017, 09:52:03 pm
  • Bowowow
Re: Keep getting kicked out of MAME32, please help diagnose.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 12:04:36 pm »
I would suggest changing B1 - --BINGO! Either that, or I was attempting to say "before" but it was too many letters to type-- to something else on the keyboard.

Pressing LCTRL+LALT+Down flips my screen upside down. 

There are plenty to choose from.

Luckydevil

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2007, 01:38:45 pm
  • mmmm.... kilowatts.
    • Garage Junkies
Re: Keep getting kicked out of MAME32, please help diagnose.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 04:43:00 pm »
Thanks cdbrown. That seems to have fixed it.   :D