Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JAMMA to TV  (Read 4547 times)

Venger

• Trade Count: (0)
JAMMA to TV
« on: April 12, 2002, 03:48:37 am »
I posted a wlittle while back and got no replies, so I'm posting a similar post in hopes that someone can help me.

I've got a NeoGeo 1 slot MVS board(old style) and an RGB to Svideo video converter board.  I've got everything wired up, I get stereo sound, my sticks work, but I'm having video problems. Sometimes the video is perfect - except that everything seems to have a red tint to it. The real problem is that the video seems to lose sync or something. It jumps, rolls, and/or becomes wavy. I've checked and rechecked my wiring, and it's right. Has anyone else had similar trouble getting an arcade board to work on thier TV?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Zipper

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2022, 12:32:50 pm
  • I've Built My Own Arcade Controls!!
Re:  JAMMA to TV
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2002, 04:01:28 am »
I've not had exactly the same problems, but similar with my supergun.
Some games just have too many vertical lines for a television to display, and so the image on the screen is crushed and skewed at the top.
I have not had colour or sync problems. I would immediatly say it's the wiring, but you say that is definatly ok, and that some of your games work fine.....
Have you tested the MVS system on a proper arcade monitor? If not, maybe some of your games are corrupted or the main board has a fault?
Good luck with it!

WFH

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2003, 12:23:46 pm
  • Hush up that dirty talk!
    • Star Trek Cockpit conversion
Re:
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2002, 10:35:40 am »
I have two Neo Geo boards, but I haven't tried them with a TV.  You may want to try posting this on the RGVAC board, the link is near the top of this page.

Venger

Re:  JAMMA to TV
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2002, 12:48:26 pm »
Sorry for not posting a response to your replies sooner. If anyone is interested I found out what was wrong with my NeoGeo board. There is a modification that you can do to the NeoGeo MVS to allow it to display on very old monitors that don't have a negative/positve sync switch. This mod was done to the board I have and now it won't work with the TV.