Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Keyboard Navigation  (Read 6315 times)

miles2912

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2019, 05:30:24 pm
  • My first Home Game. Fairchild System F.
Keyboard Navigation
« on: February 22, 2006, 07:49:59 pm »
Some of my "Albums" have more than 100 songs in them - I am grouping by time and not a real album.  I am trying to use the up and down keys to navigate all the songs, but it is not working.  This would be equivilant to using the joystick on my CP.  Am I missing something?

Don
  Scratch built upright MAME Cab

kevink

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 30, 2006, 06:33:38 pm
Re: Keyboard Navigation
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 06:30:08 pm »
I have this problem also.  I haven't been able to figure out how to scroll down though the list with just the keyboard.  I think there is something wrong with the program there.  Not trying to knock on the programming there SK, I love the jukebox.  I can scroll down with the aid of a mouse, then the defualt up and down arrows seem to work on the keyboard.  But as soon as I punch in a number selection with the keyboard the up and down arrow scroll stops functioning.  I can backspace and enter a blind number down the list and hope it gets me close to the song I'm after so I can re-enter the song number I am after.  Hope this makes some sense.  Any help appreciated.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 08:00:44 pm »
Some of my "Albums" have more than 100 songs in them - I am grouping by time and not a real album.  I am trying to use the up and down keys to navigate all the songs, but it is not working.  This would be equivilant to using the joystick on my CP.  Am I missing something?

Don

I only added this recently :

Code: [Select]
             Added an option to set the program's focus to the full list, so you can then arrow up & down to get
             to the track you want.  This ONLY happens when you type in a matching track number (i.e. it doesn't
             currently select the first song on the album when you type in the album number)

Currently, up & down do nothing when on the 4 album view, when in full view it will scroll the list up & down (note that it's not actually selecting anything here, just scrolling the list so you can see the next songs).  As you can see above, I added the option when typing in a full album+song code to set the focus to the list so you could arrow up/down to another song if needed.

If you need it to go to the song list BEFORE you type in a matching song code (i.e. I would automatically select the first song for the album), I could add in an option for that.

kevink

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 11:32:20 pm »
I am currently using version 2.8.1.  If I understand you correctly, the code you added should allow me to enter a song selection by typing the numbers.  That would put me in album full veiw with the focus on the song list and I should be able to up down arrow through the list.  Hum  ???  That's what I am after but apparently it's not working for me.  I have the song selection highlighted but the up and down arrows do nothing. 

I think it would a nice feature to add focus to the first song in the list if that is what you were suggesting.  But I don't think that would resolve my issue.  I will go back over my settings again.   Thanks.

kevink

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 06:08:50 pm »
Ah Ha! missed the checkbox under the display tab.  I only recently upgraded to the new version and didn't play around with the settings enough.  Thank you SalmonKing.

miles2912

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2019, 05:30:24 pm
  • My first Home Game. Fairchild System F.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 12:27:29 am »
I think I figured it out.  You have to uncheck the Mouse Support button in the Display setting area.  Then you can scroll through the lists.

Don

I am currently using version 2.8.1.  If I understand you correctly, the code you added should allow me to enter a song selection by typing the numbers.  That would put me in album full veiw with the focus on the song list and I should be able to up down arrow through the list.  Hum  ???  That's what I am after but apparently it's not working for me.  I have the song selection highlighted but the up and down arrows do nothing. 

I think it would a nice feature to add focus to the first song in the list if that is what you were suggesting.  But I don't think that would resolve my issue.  I will go back over my settings again.   Thanks.
  Scratch built upright MAME Cab