Front End Support > MaLa Frontend

MALA and extra emulators...can't figure it out

(1/3) > >>

AE35:

I tried getting the Genesis emu to work, but no game list comes up. It just says 'filter enabled?'

I've pointed to the .exe and to the roms folder, and set the extension to bin(should I say .bin or just bin?)

I don't know what to do with the checkboxes regarding send rom info etc.

I must be very stupid, but I have no idea. But I love mala, it's great.

Any advice?

Nicholas

swindus:
the extension ist just 'bin'.

the options will do the following with the rom file: romname

send rom extension
adds the extension to the rom file name: romname.bin

send full rom path
adds the full path to the rom file name: eg c:\roms\romname.bin

quote rom path
adds quotes to the rom file/path name: eg "c:\roms\romname.bin"

after setting up the emulator you have to refresh the main game list. there are two ways to do this.
1. open the mala menu (default key is '5') and choose 'refresh main game list' from the gamelist menu.

2. click with your right mouse button on mala to open a popup menu and choose 'refresh main game list'.

then you should see all the roms.

AE35:

Thanks!

When I press '5' nothing happens....the key IS set within the options. Hmm.

However, it seems to work now without pressing '5'....I start the game, everything seem to run fine. Then I want to leave the game, and press escape, and the game goes back to the Genesis emulator... >:(

So, how do I make it go all the way back to MaLa?

Thanks again for  your helo, you're more than nice.

Nicholas

Note: I still haven't been able to get Daphne to work....I only want ONE laserdisc game on the cabinet, if that's easier.  ???

swindus:

--- Quote from: AE35 ---When I press '5' nothing happens....the key IS set within the options. Hmm.

--- End quote ---
if it is set then it should work.

--- Quote from: AE35 ---However, it seems to work now without pressing '5'....I start the game, everything seem to run fine. Then I want to leave the game, and press escape, and the game goes back to the Genesis emulator... >:(
So, how do I make it go all the way back to MaLa?

--- End quote ---
use a special esc version of the emulator or use the mala key hook or hotkeys to close the emulator.

--- Quote from: AE35 ---Note: I still haven't been able to get Daphne to work....I only want ONE laserdisc game on the cabinet, if that's easier.  ???

--- End quote ---
no, it's the same, not easier. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=42386.0

AE35:

Thanks. I've read that link countless times ;D

All I get is the Daphne launch window, and THEN I can choose a game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version