Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Favorite recipies?  (Read 159050 times)

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
Re: Favorite recipies?
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2008, 11:02:43 am »
Time for holiday goodies! Post some of your favorite desserts please!

Someone at work threw this together. So simple, but dayum yummy! He made the oreo variant. MMmmmmmmmm.

EASY CHOCOLATE TRIFLE

Prep Time:  50 minutes
Total Time:  50 minutes
Makes:  18 servings, 2/3 cup each

Ingredients: 
1.   1 package (2-larger size) chocolate cake mix or one large or two smaller chocolate fudge cakes.
2.   1 quart (4 cups) cold milk, whole or fat-free
3.   2 packages (4-serving size each) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling (may be sugar-free)
4.   1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed (may be sugar-free)
5.   4 packages (1.4 oz. each) chocolate-covered English Toffee bars, crushed (may be purchased pre-crushed) or crushed Heath bars.  Also, I have used crushed Oreo Cookies instead of the toffee or Heath Bars.

Preparation:
1.   Prepare cake batter and bake in 13x9-inch baking pan as directed on package.  Cool completely on wire rack.  Cut into ½-inch cubes.
2.   Add milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl.  Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
3.   Layer half each of the cake cubes, pudding, whipped topping and crushed chocolate bars in large glass trifle bowl.  Repeat all layers.  Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Layers from bottom up:   ½ of cake
                  1/3 crushed Oreos if used
                  1/3 crushed chocolate bars if used
                  ½ of pudding mix
                  ½ of whipped topping
                  ½ of cake
                  ½ of pudding mix
                  ½ of whipped topping

--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2008, 07:12:10 pm »
Saint, can you post that in the p90x thread? >:D :burgerking:
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2008, 05:19:44 pm »
It's cold out.  Soup time.  Good in my tummy.  Two-fer, and easy to make (almost like making a dump cake)

Taco Soup

2 cans of: kidney beans, corn & pinto beans
1 can of Rotel tomatoes
1 can tomatoes & chilies mix
1 packet of taco seasoning mix
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 lb of ground meat (turkey/beef/pork/whatever)
Shredded cheese & sour cream

Brown your meat, drain the fat, and put it in your slow cooker.  Dump the ranch dressing mix on top of the meat.  Dump the taco seasoning mix on top of that.  Drain and rinse the beans, and dump on top, and finally, dump the entire cans of tomatoes/chilies on top.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.  IMO, like lasagna, it tastes even better the next day!

Salsa Chicken & Black Bean Soup

1 pound of chicken
1 cup of dried black beans (or 2 cans, drained and rinsed
4 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 cup of frozen corn
16 oz of salsa
1 1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 cup sour cream (to stir in at the end)

Excellent options include shredded cheese, avocado slices, and/or cilantro

If you know you are going to make this, the night before, soak the black beans overnight in enough water to cover and another 2 inches above that.  In the morning, drain the water and rinse the beans.  I found this to taste better when I used dry beans (and cheaper), but the canned beans are sometimes just easier to deal with. 

Whatever type you choose, drain and rinse the beans and add to your slow cooker.  Put in the chicken, and add the broth, salsa, corn and mushrooms, and add the cumin. Stir, but try to avoid disturbing the beans (let them stay at the bottom of the pot, closest to the heating element).

Cover and cook on high until the beans are softened.  The site I grabbed this from said it took her 9 hours (on high).  Canned beans seemed to take me about 6-ish hours. 

Stir in the 1/2 cup of sour cream before serving (don't put it in at the start, it'll curdle/gunk up and generally screw up the whole works), and garnish with shredded cheese and avocado slices.
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

daywane

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 07:18:07 am
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2008, 05:11:06 pm »
YUM YUM its winter...
bring on the soups!

Todd H

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 12:58:49 pm
  • It's Gameday!
« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2008, 09:52:47 am »
Here's a recipe I came up with a few years ago.  Back then I was a vegetarian, so I used soy crumbles instead of meat.  Now I use ground turkey but you can easily use ground beef.

Ingredients:

1 can (15 ounce size) Italian style diced tomatoes
1 can (15 ounce size) diced carrots
1 can (15 ounce size) sweet peas
1 can (15 ounce size) cream corn
1 cup ketchup
1 cup diced sweet onion
4-5 cloves of minced fresh garlic (I usually use a lot more but some people don't like a lot of garlic)
1 pound turkey, ground beef, or soy crumbles
1 teaspoon sugar
extra virgin olive oil

First, start by browning ground turkey or beef then drain.  If using soy crumbles, skip this step.  Next, heat a couple of teaspoons of olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add onion and garlic.  Saute until soft and translucent.  Do not allow garlic to brown as it will become bitter.

In a large soup pot, combine canned veggies (do not drain), cup of ketchup, ground turkey or beef or soy crumbles, sugar, and sauted onion and garlic.  Let simmer for at least an hour.  Soup may start to become thick so add water or vegetable stock as needed. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive over soup.

You can also add other veggies as well, so don't be afraid to experiment.  I have sometimes added diced cooked potatoes.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:57:38 am by Todd H »

sel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2009, 12:04:09 am
« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2009, 12:25:41 pm »
Wheat Free Gluten Free Dairy Free! Pancakes (for those with lots of food allergies like me :( )

Blueberry Pancakes

1 cup garfava flour *
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon
xanthan gum
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (not extract)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup milk or soy milk
1/2 cup blueberries

Heat a pancake griddle
or skillet to 375 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon and xanthan gum. In a separate bowl combine the eggs, vanilla flavoring, oil and milk. Add to dry ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Carefully fold in blueberries.

On hot griddle, pour batter, making pancakes any size and let cook until bubbles appear across the surface of each pancake. Check to see if they are browned, then flip over and continue cooking one or two minutes longer until pancakes are firm to the touch.

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2009, 08:59:33 am »
1 cup garfava flour *

I noted this was starred, but there was no note.  Did you forget something?

Speaking of pancakes, in a fit of desperation the other day (we were out of syrup) I turned to Google.

1 C Dark Brown Sugar

1 C White Sugar

1 C Corn Syrup

1 C Water

1 tsp vanilla extract.

Combine all except extract.  Bring to boil.  Boil for three minutes, or until all sugar has dissolved.  Remove from heat, stir in extract.

Kevin77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2009, 10:08:09 am
« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2009, 08:54:53 am »
Ingredients

* 2 cup (240 mL) elbow macaroni
    * 1 can (10 oz, 300 g) cream of mushroom soup
    * 1 can (6 oz, 170 g) chunk tuna in water
    * 2 cups frozen vegetables, such as peas and carrots
    * 1 cup crushed potato chips (crisps)

Procedure

1. Prepare macaroni according to directions on the package, but without salt. Drain and return to pot.
   2. Add cream of mushroom soup.
   3. Drain tuna and add.
   4. Add frozen vegetables and mix well.
   5. For crunchy vegetables, heat five minutes over low heat, stirring frequently. Heat longer for softer vegetables.
   6. Serve topped with crushed potato chips (crisps).

Notes, tips, and variations

This is a recipe with a great deal of room for variation. All the ingredients can be substituted: other small noodles for the macaroni, chopped turkey or chicken for tuna, cream of celery for cream of mushroom, or fresh chopped vegetables for frozen. I've even had it with corn flakes cereal substituted for the chips (crisps).

My mother used to make this at least once a week, often substituting a LB of ground beef for the tuna/chicken. Mom would always start with sauteed onions, celery and garlic, then she would add to that whatever meat she had, then the mandatory can of mushroom soup, a half cup milk, a couple of big stirs and WALA!... Glop. She also used flat egg noodles, not macaroni. I am amazed and so pleased that someone else's family would name a dinner meal "Glop". Still I must confess, I have not eaten a plate of it, nor had any desire to cook it since I left home in 1972.

Blanka

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2018, 03:19:28 pm
« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2009, 09:18:23 am »
1 can (10 oz, 300 g) cream of mushroom soup

Arcade builders and food. It's not going to work  ;D. All the recipes make me think of the freshman meals from university campus.
Soup is soup, no ingredient for a meal! And even as soup you make it from scratch, not by pouring some salty gravy wheaty fluid from a can in a bowl!
And vegies don't grow in cans too. So more can-less recipes por favor. The only cans that comes into my house are tomato paste cans and olive cans. Not even beer cans. Beer is supposed to be in a bottle. All the rest in fresh form please.

And from another entry: how on earth can you measure fresh mushrooms in cup-size? The amount that fits depends on the way of slicing.

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2009, 07:06:56 am »
I've never understood the cup thing and its the reason I have stayed away from many recipes that use it for measurement.

Here's a nice easy, quick and damn right tasty breakfast, especially if your hungover. It not exactly healthy but It doesn't hurt once in a while.

BACON and Eggy Crumpets with Chilli.

Serves 2

Ingredients

* 2 large free-range or organic eggs
    * Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
    * 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and very finely chopped
    * 6 rashers good-quality smoked BACON
    * Olive oil
    * 4 round crumpets
    * Brown sauce or maple syrup, to serve

1. Crack your eggs into a bowl and give them a little whisk with a small pinch of salt and pepper and most of the chopped chilli. Then heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the BACON in a tiny amount of olive oil. Let it crisp up on both sides. Meanwhile, get your crumpets and really push them into the egg and chilli mixture. Turn them a few times - they’ll soak it up like a sponge. Push the golden BACON to one side and tilt the pan so the fat runs into the middle. Add the crumpets to the pan and fry them for a few minutes until golden, then turn them over and fry them on the other side.

2. Serve the eggy crumpets topped with the crispy BACON, with a dollop of brown sauce or a drizzle of maple syrup. To finish, you can sprinkle over any extra chopped chilli depending on how hot you like it.

I've also tried this with Piri Piri & Lime ketchup and that was fantastic too.

thatitalian

• Don't worry about the chicken, I feed my friends human all the time...
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2018, 10:52:37 am
  • The Revolution Is Coming...
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2009, 07:32:29 am »
Thai Red Curry

Ingredients (for four people):

500g skinless, boneless chicken (cubed)
3 tablespoons red curry paste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
5-6 Fresh Kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces
800ml (2 cans) Organic Coconut milk 
1 tablespoon of Thai fish or Soy sauce
5-6 Thai Sweet Basil or Basil Leaves
1 Aubergine (largely cubed)
1 Red Pepper (sliced)
2 Green Peppers (sliced)
1 Large Red Onion (chopped)
1 Red Chili (chopped without seeds)

Marinate the chicken in 1 tablespoon of red curry paste for 12 hours.

Add all the raw ingredients to a large cast iron pot (or similar) and cook for approx 30 minutes.

Serve with steamed coconut rice.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 07:34:36 am by thatitalian »

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2009, 09:56:22 am »
It is time to post the best salsa you will ever eat. Even though it can be spicy, this recipe can even turn ultra picky, non veggie eaters into addicts. My secretary came up with this, which was adapted and evolved from another recipe she was shown at a tailgate party once upon a time. Everyone at work begs her to make it all the time, and she makes 10 or more gallons every christmas to split up and hand out as presents.
The olives are the secret ingredient. It adds a 'meaty' aspect to the chili. Don't skip them!

EJ’s Salsa

2 28-oz cans Whole Tomatoes
1 18-oz can Tomato Paste
1- 5 3/4 oz can pitted & chopped Black Olives
1 TBSP Green Chiles
1 -  1 1/4-oz pkg Taco Seasoning Mix
1 TBSP Chili Powder
1 TBSP Cayenne Pepper Powder
1 TBSP Cumin
1 TSP Black Pepper
1-2 TBSP Minced Onions
5-6 slices jalapenos or 1 whole jalapeno
(You may add green onions and green pepper if desired)

Strain tomatoes reserving 1 cup of juice.  Place tomatoes in blender and chop to desired size.  Place chopped tomatoes in large saucepan over low heat.  Add taco seasoning and other spices (cumin, cayenne & chili) ADJUST AMOUNTS TO TASTE.
Simmer 20-30 minutes on low stirring occasionally.

Combine jalapeno, green chili, and 1 cup of reserved juice and puree in blender. Add to tomato mixture with chopped black olives and thicken to desired consistency with tomato paste.  Chill.

dicepackage

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2009, 08:45:26 pm
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2009, 01:25:54 am »
This is my first post.  I have read a bit on this forum and will probably post pictures of my cabinet soon but for now I feel compelled to give some recipes.  I have a bunch more recipes to share but here is one I tried tonight.

Nestle Crunch Bars Recipe
23 ounces milk chocolate chips.  Nestle is the best but if you use another brand make sure to use about 23 ounces of chocolate.
1.5 Cups rice krispies

Melt the chocolate in the microwave but be careful not to overdo it.  Stir the chocolate occasionally and when it melts when you stir its done.  Mix in the rice krispies into the chocolate and stir until they are mixed.  Put them in a 9"x12" pan and put it in the fridge.  It takes roughly 30 minutes to cool and when its ready all you have to do is cut it up and serve.

WunderCade

• Hey Saint, wanna update my custom title? ;D
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2023, 07:54:12 am
« Reply #213 on: July 11, 2009, 04:45:42 pm »
Tijuana Dogs! I have the recipe on my blog http://snacktivism.blogspot.com

Holy fucken heart attack, Batman!  :o

Kemet

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2012, 11:11:36 am
« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2009, 01:33:17 am »
Copy of a classic;

Homemade hamburger helper

This is a super simple recipe and you can cut the MSG out of the boxed version. This will serve 2 normal people or 1 very hungry person. (Im 6' 180 and have eaten it all)

1lb/0.5kg hamburger - Brown it in a large frying pan (need a cover) and skim off the fat if you care then throw on a pinch of pepper (that means only a little).

Leave the hamburger in the frying pan and dump in a mix you prepped while the hamburger was sizzling.  That mix is to use a mixing bowl and throw in two cups of beef broth and four cups of water.  This ratio can be changed to reflect how beefy you like it.  Use low sodium broth because you are going to add a 1/2 tsp of onion salt (again this is to taste).  That covers all of the flavor really but it needs to be thickened so find some flour and add dump in two tbsp.  The more you add the thicker the sauce will be and visa versa. Mix this all up really well so that its even then dump into the pan with the hamburger.

Add in wide egg noodles to fill up the pan with the hamburger and mix without the noodles really sticking up much from the liquid.  Bring the the whole mess to a boil then reduce the temp to a simmer and cover.  Come back every few mins to stir if your pan isnt very good  because it will stick.

Once the noodles are cooked to the texture you like youre done.

Kemet

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2012, 11:11:36 am
kettle corn
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2009, 02:14:16 am »
Add of a favorite dessert;

KETTLE CORN

Probably a few variations on this but this is the kind of easy stovetop version.

OK Bust out with an older, medium sized pot that isnt your fav or anything because you can screw this up.  Start out by thinking about the normal way you make stovetop popcorn. If you dont know that then look at the following science;

Need - 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
           1/2 cup sugar
           cooking oil
           pot (that you cook with) RIP ODB

Put burner just a bit shy of full heat (like 80% stoves vary quite  bit- prob like 5 million degrees or something). Add a few mils (1/8 inch) or so of cooking oil (I prefer peanut oil but any will work with some flavor changes)- enough to almost cover a popcorn kernel in across the whole bottom of the pot.

SERIOUS  - Cover this right away and do not walk away or leave unattended as working with heated oils is dangerous to children and your smoke detector.

Allow this to heat a bit but not to the point that it smokes.  Smoking is bad for the aforementioned detectors but also for the health due to this being an indication of hydrogenation (this serous too).  Throw in enough kernels to cover the bottom and put the cover back on.

Leave that alone and in a few minutes you'd have popcorn but add sugar and you have kettle corn.

This is the trick and it cant really be written out because it depends on how hot youre own stove is.  Just at the moment the popcorn is about to start popping (a clear lid helps with this) you have to pour in the same volume of sugar as you put in of popcorn. 

If you put in 1/2 cup of popcorn then while its heating have 1/2 cup of sugar ready to go.  When you see or hear that first pop then throw in the sugar .  This will quickly lower the temp in the pot and stop the popping.  But what will happen is that the sugar will melt into a liquid and as the temp comes back up and popping begins again the popcorn will become coated in a thin layer of this liquid.  With a few seconds of the pot being taken off the stove the sugar will begin to re harden into a crunchy, sugar shell on each piece of popcorn -awesome. I succeeded the first time I did and then failed to get it right the next two times - once you get it you get it.

Here the rub - if you put it in too early it'll caramelize (cool if you re making caramel corn but this can very easily become burned or bitter and is a whole other recipe) - if you put it in too late it wont properly melt so you have popcorn with dumb pieces of sugar on them -yawn.

Make this right and destroy diets (the calories are crazy) - I love it with salt on top of the sugar (try it -it sounds strange but kicks ass).

Arcadiac

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2020, 01:26:31 am
« Reply #216 on: October 06, 2009, 02:07:41 pm »
One of my earliest jobs was at Kaelin's restaurant here in Louisville.
This is one of their most popular items, great just with butter.

Southern Fried Biscuits (because everything tastes better fried!)

1 or more cans of biscuits, (homemade is better)
Deep fryer with oil of choice, I use canola

Heat oil as you would to deep fry anything else.
Seperate biscuits, carefully drop into hot oil.
Cook one side for a minute or so until brown.
Use metal spoon to turn the biscuits,
they will flip easily and stay uncooked side down.

Take cooked biscuits out of oil and drain in fry basket then blot gently
between paper towel sheets to remove as much oil as possible.

When cool enough to handle. split them and put butter, jam, jelly, honey or whatever topping you like in it. 

Or fill with cooked scrambled eggs, cheese and of course, BACON!!

Another variation is to dip the cooked biscuits
in powdered or cinnamon sugar, mmmdonuts!

Great for a snack or even for breakfast.

Enjoy!  ARCADIAC!

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 08:37:03 am
VEGETARIAN SAUSAGE, ONION AND TOMATO TART
« Reply #217 on: November 03, 2009, 03:28:04 pm »
VEGETARIAN SAUSAGE, ONION AND TOMATO TART

Serves 8-12
Comfort food at its best! Serve with roast potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Pastry
100g (4oz) plain flour
100g (4oz) self-raising flour
100g (4oz) vegetable margarine
pinch of salt
75ml (3fl oz) cold water
(or buy Jus-Rol shortcrust ready-made
pastry from most supermarkets)

Filling
2 tbsp sunflower or olive oil
6 veggie sausages*
2 medium onions, sliced into rings
100g (4oz) mushrooms, chopped
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes, drained slightly
2 tsp bouquet garni or mixed herbs
salt and black pepper
1. Make the pastry by sieving both flours in to a large bowl (or use ready-made pastry). Add the pinch of salt.
2. Place the margarine in to the centre of the flour, coat it in the flour and then break it up in to smaller pieces. Rub the margarine gently in to the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the water gradually until you have a moist, but not sticky, dough (add more flour if necessary).
4. Cover and place in the fridge while you make the filling.
5. Preheat the oven to 375ºF/190ºC/ Gas Mark 5.
6. Chop the sausages in to thick pieces (let them defrost first if frozen). Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the sausages. Fry them for a few minutes, turning frequently until cooked through. Remove them from the frying pan and put to one side.
7. Gently cook the onions in the frying pan (add a touch more oil if needed) until the pan is full of separated caramelised rings. Add the mushrooms and herbs and cook until the mushrooms are a light golden brown.
8. Remove from the heat and add the tomatoes, sausages, salt and pepper. Mix through gently.
9. Grease a 10 inch flan dish.
10. Flour a work surface then remove the pastry dough from the fridge and knead gently.
11. Roll out on the floured surface in to a large circle, about 2-3 inches bigger than the base of the flan dish.
12. Lift up the pastry gently and carefully place it in to the dish. Ease the pastry down around the inside rim then splay over the edges. Roll the rolling pin over the top of the flan dish so that you have a perfectly neat pastry case. Trim the edges.
13. Spoon the filling in to the pastry case, pat down gently and smooth out evenly.
14. Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 05:11:24 pm by Silas (son of Silas) »
" ਜਿਹੜਾ ਲਾਓ ਜਰਦਾ ਉਹ ਸੌ ਸਾਲ ਨੰਈ ਮਰਦਾ " (he who chews tobacco would live to be a hundred )

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

Vamp RN

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2011, 09:28:27 pm
« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2009, 05:20:01 pm »
This is a recipe that I stole from BlkDog 7

Homemade Sliders

Ingredients:
2 lbs of hamburger
24 neutral tasting dinner rolls
2 cans of cream of onion soup
Kraft cheese
Pickles
3 large onions

Take fresh hamburger place in bowl.  Mix with cream of onion soup.  Spread meat mix out on baking sheet.  Cook for ~15 minutes on 420.  While cooking take dinner rolls and split to make mini burger buns.  Dice onions and saute with butter.  Once hamburger is done remove from oven and carfully drain excess grease.  Use pizza cutter to slice into 24 squares.  Place patties on buns top with sauteed onions, cheese, and pickles.  Children and fat guys love them. 

KennethSorrell

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2010, 02:39:45 am
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2010, 07:37:47 pm »
I recommend making manicotti or some type of BBQ.  A base manicotti recipe you can find on the box the noodles come in.I'veve always felt adding your own touch to the sauce goes a long way and after the first time you make it you can mix things up a little more.  But it's a very heavy dish so just serve it with salad and garlic bread.  With BBQ, use a pulled pork recipe.  There are so many different recipes for this type of BBQ that you can try a different one every time. My family loves the bourbon mango BBQ I make.  There are plenty of websites you can go to and some of them even create shopping lists you can print out and adjust servings without you having to do the math.  Cooking is something you and your family can do together and have a blast with also.  The kids love it.  If anyone needs any help with a recipe or have an interesting recipe to try PM me.

daywane

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 07:18:07 am
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #220 on: March 29, 2010, 07:25:16 pm »
This sound like it would taste like crap. It is very good. I had tasted one and ran home and made a batch. (well a week ago)

1 and 1/2 cup of veg. oil
1 packet of ranch dip powder
mix in a bowl.

get a large zip lock bag and put in one BOX of saltine crackers
pour mix over crackers.

mix around as you walk by it, (every so often)
let sit over night.
your done.
I added a hand full of crushed red peppers

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
Ocean Chowder
« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2010, 04:46:25 pm »
Another vegetarian Recipe:  Ocean Chowder

This is a rich and delicious vegetarian alternative to New England clam chowder.
Yield    6-8 servings
Time    45 minutes
Tools    

* strainer
    * bowl
    * knife
    * large heavy-bottomed pan
    * wooden spoon

Ingredients    

* ¼ c arame (seaweed)
    * 2 T butter
    * 2 medium yellow onions, diced
    * salt
    * 1 T garlic, minced
    * 2 stalks celery, diced
    * 1 large carrot, diced
    * 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, diced
    * 2 bay leaves
    * 4 c vegetable stock
    * 2 c heavy cream
    * 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
    * 1 T fresh thyme, chopped
    * black pepper

Directions    Place arame in strainer and rinse well. Transfer to bowl, add cold water until barely covered, and let soak for 10 minutes. Drain, chop very coarsely, and set aside.

Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat, add onion and ½ t salt, and sauté, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add garlic and sauté another minute, then add celery and carrot. Cook 5 minutes, then stir in arame, potatoes, bay leaves, and stock, and bring to a boil.

Reduce heat to low and let simmer about 20 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are just cooked.

Add cream and herbs, and simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves, season with salt and pepper, and serve
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 05:10:59 pm by Silas (son of Silas) »
" ਜਿਹੜਾ ਲਾਓ ਜਰਦਾ ਉਹ ਸੌ ਸਾਲ ਨੰਈ ਮਰਦਾ " (he who chews tobacco would live to be a hundred )

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

zengjing0813

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2010, 01:40:22 am
« Reply #222 on: July 12, 2010, 04:09:05 am »
 :badmood: ::)This is going to sound funny, but I have the Cooking for Dummies book
Every shoe fits not every foot!

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
Paçoca de Amendoim
« Reply #223 on: August 20, 2010, 03:18:41 pm »
Paçoca de Amendoim

Paçoca de amendoim tastes slightly like the inside of a Reeses peanut butter cup, but with a difference - it's made with cassava flour (made from the root of the manioc plant). The manioc flour gives it a distinctive, delicious flavor. You can use either manioc flour (farinha de mandioca), which is more coarsly ground, or manioc starch (almidón) for this recipe. If you use manioc meal the candy will be more crumbly. Either way, this is a crumbly candy, best paired with a hot cup of coffee for washing it down. You will need a food processor to make this candy.
Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 cup peanuts, lightly salted
    * 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
    * 3/4 cup manioc flour or manioc starch
    * pinch of salt
    * 1/4 cup condensed milk

Preparation:

1. Process the peanuts with the sugar, salt, and manioc meal until very finely ground.

2. Add a tablespoon of condensed milk and process for 30 seconds. Check if mixture is starting to come together by pressing some into a ball with your fingers.

3. If the mixture will form a ball that stays together well, it's ready. If it is still too crumbly, add more condensed milk and process.

4. Press mixture into a square 8 inch by 8 inch pan lined with wax paper. Press down firmly.

5. Remove candy from pan by lifting out the wax paper, and cut into smaller squares.

6. You can also use greased cookie cutters (simple shapes) to cut pieces out of the candy, or press the candy into molds to shape it.

7. Store in an airtight container.

Variation: Dip squares of paçcoca into melted chocolate, and let cool on wax paper.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 05:10:27 pm by Silas (son of Silas) »

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2010, 04:18:24 pm »
Rick's Amazing Dip

1 Bag Tostitos (or your favourite) Nacho Chips
500ml of Hot Salsa (as 'non chunky' as you can find)
500ml of Sour Cream (NOT low fat - it changes the taste... ...odd, I know)
500ml of rough shredded OLD Cheddar Cheese
250ml - 500ml (I like the latter) of sliced green olives with pimento (don't buy pre-sliced - I don't know why, but they taste different)
250ml of hot pepper rings

Shred your cheddar cheese roughly (the big holes on your hand grater) and slice your green olives to just under 1/4" thick.  Mix all ingredients (salsa, sour cream, cheese, green olives and hot pepper rings) in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for AT LEAST 1 hour, or BETTER YET, overnight.  Unwrap, and serve.

When I first had this recipe, I looked at it intently (mostly, because it was a pink/salmon colour) as it does NOT look appetizing at first glance.  The green olives and the hot peppers are a standout, but when I dipped the first chip into it, and tasted it, it was AMAZING.  I'm certain it's to blame for some of my weight gain, as I can recall to eating almost half of it over the course of a single day... ...myself.  (Yes, it's that addictive.)

I'd be interested in others' critique of my recipe, since it's a bit beyond the "7 layer dip" that always seems to make it to our family functions.

Enjoy!

Dude111

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2011, 09:34:59 pm
  • An Awesome Dude
Mostaccioli
« Reply #225 on: April 29, 2011, 11:23:55 am »
Here is one of the most delicious recipes my mom ever makes (I love this so much)

Ingredients:

1/2 chopped green pepper (1/2 of a pepper chopped up)
1/2 chopped onion (1/2 of an onion chopped up)
1/2 lb ground beef
1 lb can tomatoes
6 oz can tomato paste
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 lb mostaccioli noodles
1/2 lb velveeta cheese
bay leaf
1 Jar of Ragu Speghetti Sauce (The "Flavored with Meat" Kind) (32oz Jar)

Prep:

In oil,saute onion & pepper until tender. Add meat & cook until brown. Stir in tomatoes,tomato paste,water,salt,pepper,bay leaf. Add Ragu Speghetti Sauce, Simmer.

Cook Mostaccioli noodles as directed. Cut Velveeta in thin slices.
In a 2qt casserolo,arrange alternate layers of noodles,sauce and cheese.

Bake @ 350 for 30 mins

The Result:

The Best tasting dish you'll ever have!!!!!!!!!

I hope many will enjoy this as much as I do...............

Dervacumen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2019, 10:11:11 pm
  • Home of Three Squares dice game
    • Beaker Games
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2011, 10:41:33 pm »
I

Today I made a roasted salsa, and it was fantastic but very spicy HOT!  Good though if you can handle it.

I chose 4 large well rounded tomatoes which were firm with red skins.
Cut the tomatoes in to quarters and use your finger and a sharp knife to take out the seeds.  Hopefully your have tomatoes that are meaty and firm.  If not, learn to select tomatoes.
Take a white onion, wide and flat=sweet.  Long and pointed=too strong..  Yellow onions are not the best for this recipe because they have a stronger flavor.
Cut the onion in half, remove the skin, and cut again in to quarters.  Separate the onion in to chunks, about three or four layers thick.  It really doesn't matter much, but plan on using about half an onion.
Grab four or five cloves of garlic and skin them.
Rinse two jalapenos and a serrano pepper.  If you want less heat, remove the seeds.  I'm a heat freak, so I left mine whole.  They were HOT.
You can choose the peppers you want based on your tolerance,
Put all of these veggies on a roasting pan, sprinkle liberally with salt and roast at about 400 degrees until all the veggies are sweating well. You should be able to tell when the tomatoes are done. They will be drier on top and sweating.  A little black on the tops is not a bad thing, but also not necessary.
Okay, so pull it all out and let it cool for a couple hours.  You don't have to let it cool but it doesn't burn your fingers if you do.  Plan ahead to save those fingers from the heat!
chop chop chop.  Blenders are not your friend because they in introduce too much air in to your salsa.
Grab a handful of cilantro at the end, chop well and mix in to the salsa.  I don't know how to measure, so just take a bunch, cut off about 4 inches, and cut it up.\
Yummy.  Hope you like it.

Bringing to life a child's imagination.

Dervacumen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2019, 10:11:11 pm
  • Home of Three Squares dice game
    • Beaker Games
« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2011, 11:03:34 pm »
It is time to post the best salsa you will ever eat. Even though it can be spicy, this recipe can even turn ultra picky, non veggie eaters into addicts. My secretary came up with this, which was adapted and evolved from another recipe she was shown at a tailgate party once upon a time. Everyone at work begs her to make it all the time, and she makes 10 or more gallons every christmas to split up and hand out as presents.
The olives are the secret ingredient. It adds a 'meaty' aspect to the chili. Don't skip them!

EJ’s Salsa

2 28-oz cans Whole Tomatoes
1 18-oz can Tomato Paste
1- 5 3/4 oz can pitted & chopped Black Olives
1 TBSP Green Chiles
1 -  1 1/4-oz pkg Taco Seasoning Mix
1 TBSP Chili Powder
1 TBSP Cayenne Pepper Powder
1 TBSP Cumin
1 TSP Black Pepper
1-2 TBSP Minced Onions
5-6 slices jalapenos or 1 whole jalapeno
(You may add green onions and green pepper if desired)

Strain tomatoes reserving 1 cup of juice.  Place tomatoes in blender and chop to desired size.  Place chopped tomatoes in large saucepan over low heat.  Add taco seasoning and other spices (cumin, cayenne & chili) ADJUST AMOUNTS TO TASTE.
Simmer 20-30 minutes on low stirring occasionally.

Combine jalapeno, green chili, and 1 cup of reserved juice and puree in blender. Add to tomato mixture with chopped black olives and thicken to desired consistency with tomato paste.  Chill.

Wow.  I have no doubt that this tastes good, since it comes with rave reviews.  I just live in CA and salsa is a basic condiment, not too adulterated.  There are many salsas I look for, and many others I make.  If I'm looking for a red chile flavor, green chile flavor, or tomato based, they are all good and different.
Bringing to life a child's imagination.

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
Beetroot & Caramelised Onion Tart
« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2011, 04:08:53 pm »
Beetroot & Caramelised Onion Tart

Ingredients
for the caramelised onions:

knob of butter (about 50g)
    4 onions, peeled + finely sliced
    1 tsp sugar
    pinch of salt
    a good splash balsamic or sherry vinegar

3 medium to large beetroot
    250g puff pastry (ready-made is fine), defrosted if frozen
    60g goat’s cheese, crumbled
    salt + pepper
    leaves from 2 sprigs fresh thyme
    extra virgin olive oil for drizzling

Method
Put the unpeeled beetroot in a baking dish, add a little water, about 1cm depth, cover tightly with foil and bake for 1–2 hrs, depending on the size of beetroot, until tender (test by inserting a knife). Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly, then peel the skins off.

Finely slice the beetroot. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy-based pan and add the onions, sugar and a pinch of salt. On a very low heat cook the onions for approx 45 mins (it may take a little longer), stirring only very occasionally, until the onions have turned a caramel colour.

Add a good splash of balsamic or sherry vinegar, season with salt and pepper, stir and remove from the heat. Meanwhile, roll out the puff pastry on a floured work surface until quite thin. Transfer to a lightly greased baking tray and ---tallywhacker--- all over with a fork. Place the tray in the fridge for 30 mins (or freezer for 10 mins).

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Remove the tray from the fridge and bake in the oven for 5 mins. Remove, spread the onion mixture over the base of the pastry, top with sliced beetroot and crumble over the goat’s cheese. Sprinkle over the thyme and season with black pepper.

Bake for another 10 mins, until the cheese has melted. Drizzle with a little good olive oil to serve.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 05:09:56 pm by Silas (son of Silas) »

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
Perfect Dal
« Reply #229 on: December 08, 2011, 07:37:13 pm »
Perfect Mung Dal (AKA Dhal, Daal etc)
Serves 4

400g mung dal (skinned yellow split mung beans)
6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
4cm piece of root ginger, peeled and cut into 4
1 tbsp turmeric
4 bird eye chillies, 2 de-seeded & finely chopped, 2 left whole
2 tbsp ghee or groundnut oil
2 shallots, finely sliced
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp crushed chilli
Fresh coriander, chopped to serve

1. Wash the dal until the water runs clear, then drain and put in a large pan and cover with 2 litres of cold water. Bring to the boil and skim off any scum that rises to the surface.

2. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric and chopped chillies to the pan with a good pinch of salt, turn down the heat, cover, leaving the lid slightly ajar, and simmer very gently for about 1½ hours, stirring occasionally, until the dal has broken down completely and become creamy.

3. Add boiling water or reduce the dal further to achieve your preferred consistency if necessary, and season to taste – I add about 1 tsp salt – then add the whole chillies and simmer for 15 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, heat the ghee or oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat and add the shallots. Stir until golden and beginning to crisp, then add the dried spices and cook for a couple of minutes until the mustard seeds are beginning to pop. Tip over the dal, stir in, and top with chopped coriander. Serve with plain rice or flatbreads.

Variation:
make with toor dal oily. takes longer to rinse, but tastes great.

Updated with a tweak on quantities after experimenting.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 05:08:55 pm by Silas (son of Silas) »

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

FALSE

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2024, 08:13:59 pm
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2011, 11:00:48 pm »
Recipe thread, Awesome!!!
I love to cook.  
Made this the other night, totally ripped from a cooking magazine but damn is it good, normally don't like cabbage.

Pork Chops with cabbage, apples,onion and BEER.
ingredients
4 1.5 inch thick porkchops
3 tbs veg oil
1 red onion (thinly sliced)
1 tbs dijon mustard
1/2 head of  cabbage (cored and thinly sliced)
2 tart apples, I used granny smiths (peeled cored, and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces)
1/2 cup low sodium chicken
1/2 tsp dried tyme
1 cup of beer (the best part! I used blue moon)

lightly season chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
heat the oil in a large skillet than add chops and brown on both sides
remove chops and set aside (they will not be fully cooked at this point, still pink in the middle)
in same pan cook the onions until softened, 5 minutes or so
stir in the dijon mustard and 1/2 tsp of pepper
add the cabbage and apples and season lightly with salt.
cook for a minute or two.
add the beer, tyme, and chicken broth and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes
return the chops to the pan burying them in the cabbage mixture
cover pan, reduce heat and simmer until pork is cooked through, about 15 minutes.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 11:05:39 pm by FALSE »

FALSE

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2024, 08:13:59 pm
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2011, 11:20:32 pm »
1 more recipe (since maws is down and impeding my mala setup progress).
This one is really simple to make but tastes incredible

2 cheese alfredo with pancetta

Ingredients
1 cup butter
1 cup half and half
4-8oz diced pancetta
4oz parmesan cheese (i recommend a fresh shredded parm but even like kraft parmesan will work.)
4oz gorgonzola cheese
(optional) 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (technically would make it a 3 cheese alfredo : )
8oz alfredo noodles (cooked according to package directions)
1-2 tbs pepper
cook pancetta in a frying pan, drain fat, just like cooking bacon
in another pan, melt the butter then add half n half and bring to a boil, stir frequently
reduce heat to low and slowly add your cheeses while stirring.
once your cheeses are melted add pancetta and pepper and stir
mix your sauce with your noodles and serve.
The butter and half n half will seperate, dont mind that : )

I usually season the sauce with a teaspoon or so of oregano and/or basil or a few dashes of nutmeg
I also make this with chicken and brocolli instead of pancetta.
You could also use all types of cheeses in this

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
Parsnip and Swede (Rutabaga) Soup
« Reply #232 on: December 22, 2011, 05:52:42 pm »
How can something so simple be so good?

Ingredients
1 swede (rutabaga), peeled and chopped into ½ inch cubes
3 carrots, chopped
2 parsnips, chopped
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 litre vegetable stock

Method
Cook the vegetables...
Bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan. Add the vegetables and simmer for 20 minutes until the swede chunks are soft. Add herbs and spices of your choice.

Blend the soup.
Remove the soup from the heat and let it cool slightly. Blend with a hand blender and return the soup to the stove. Reheat slowly to serving temperature.

Serve.
Best served with crusty bread, you can also top each bowl with grated cheddar cheese and some toasted nuts and seeds for a variation.

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
A mug of comfort
« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2012, 05:08:25 pm »
Ingredients:
1 cup of whole milk
30g  of good white chocolate, chopped
1 green cardamom
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)

Makes one mug of comfort...
Method:
Add the chocolate and vanilla extract to a heat proof container. Microwave/ warm milk together with the cardamom just till it is about to boil. Add 1/4 cup of this milk to the chocolate and stir till the chocolate melts. Add the remaining milk, and using a hand blender, or milk frother, mix nicely till desired foaminess is reached.

Sprinkle a little dark cocoa powder before serving

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

OzGirl85

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2012, 12:27:26 pm
« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2012, 12:23:18 pm »
I made an interesting concoction the other day...

-Pillsbury Pizza Crust x2
-2lb Chicken
-BBQ Sauce
-Kraft Pepper Jack Shredded Cheese
-Crushed Red Peppers
-Dry Slaw Mix

Bake the chicken, covered in BBQ sauce, on high in the crock pot for 7.5 hours. (It works best if you cut the chicken into small pieces or shred it once it's done).

Once this is done- roll out the dough onto a greased baking sheet, layer on the cheese, slaw, and the BBQ chicken and then fold the pizza dough to make a closed pouch (do the same thing for each of the two).

Sprinkle crushed red pepper on the top and bake in the oven until the dough is golden (it usually takes about 15 minutes or so) at 350 or 375 degrees (whichever your dough calls for).

Cut into pieces and serve with fresh fruit, salad, chips or whatever vegetable you'd like and enjoy! It so delicious and so good. I find that if I put the chicken in the crock pot before I go to work in the morning that the only time I have to spend is putting together the pockets.

Dummy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2012, 04:55:00 am
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2012, 10:26:56 am »
Lets make a cup of Lemony Ginger Tea.

Firstly need fresh ginger is mashed and boiled in water with tea powder and peppercorns. Serve lemony ginger tea immediately.You can also use green tea instead.
 Add sugar instead of honey if you wish.
 Lemony Ginger Tea.

Ingredients:

Tea Powder 1 tsp
Ginger 1 inch Piece
Black Peppercorns 1 – 2
Lemon 1/2
Honey 1 Tbsp or to Taste

Method of preparation:

Crush the peppercorns and keep aside.
Peel, wash and mash the ginger.

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2012, 11:08:52 pm »
Pork Blaise  (I kind of concocted this last night. Eating it right now!)

- banana
- pork (I used tenderloin, but any oald poak'll doo))
- blueberry topping
- curry sauce
- red wine
- olive oil and salt
- crock pot/slow cooker

Slice banana along length (can be peeled or not), and place around inside perimeter of cooker. Place whole or cut pork in center, with a little hole in middle. Drip some blueberry topping in hole, followed by some curry sauce. Splash wine over meat.

Cook for eight hours or until desired.

Place meat on plates. Throw away/compost/whatever banana pieces. Add olive oil, salt, and more curry sauce to pot. Stir and ladle/pour over meat.

EAT IT.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:17:15 pm by Gray_Area »
-Banned-

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2012, 03:09:49 am »
Pasquale's meat sauce

I've been making variations of this for years - but tonight I reached a personal best, apparently due to some slight changes. This recipe will make a heavy (on the) meat, rich dish. I recommend using ingredients from some place decent, like Whole foods, Sunflower Markets, Trader Joe's, etc.

- 1-1.5 pounds 85% lean ground beef (the leaner, the better it'll be; also, 93% needs no draining)
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper (I use powder)
- 1 16oz jar of marinara sauce
- oregano (fresh will be even better)

additions for optional version:
- parsley (again, fresh will be even better)
- olive oil (I use a kalamata extra virgin for it's strong flavour)
- a very wet red wine
- salt

Set burner to medium. Place meat in pan, spreading it out. Dash on garlic and cayenne, and mix around while meat is heating up and cooking. When brown, but while still juicy, reduce burner to less than low, and remove pan to pour off juice (if there is much). Put pan back on burner, pour in 3/4 to whole of jar of marinara, dash in oregano, stir, cover, and let simmer ten minutes.

At this point, it's ready to eat.

However. You can also let it sit for a while and....age. Lastly, for the optional addition version: dash salt, parsley, olive oil (about 2 tablespoons), about 1/2 cup of wine, and stir. Again, you can either eat now or let sit for a spell. Dish out and eat as-is, throw on pasta, add in any italian dish calling for saucy meat, add potatoes, whatever.
-Banned-

Samstag

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2016, 01:41:19 am
  • That's not a llama!
« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2012, 12:02:39 pm »
This isn't a recipe so much as a simple idea that tastes great.

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

Throw .5-1.0lbs chicken in a crock pot drenched in your favorite hot wing sauce.  Cook on low 2.5-3.5 hours until chicken is cooked enough that you can pull shreds off with a fork.  Use 2 forks to shred all the chicken and let it simmer another 15 minutes to soak in the sauce.

Cook some rice while the shredded chicken is simmering.  When it's cooked I like to mix it with a can of rotel or some fresh diced tomato and peppers.

In a large cake pan or casserole dish put a can of refried beans on one side and a layer of the rice covering the rest.  Throw some shredded cheese on the beans.

Wrap chicken and blue cheese crumbles in large tortillas and place them on the rice.  Drizzle a little more wing sauce over the enchiladas.  Throw the whole thing in the oven for 15 minutes.

So awesome.  I don't include specific amounts because I usually make more rice and chicken than I need.  I'll often make pan fried individual enchiladas later in the week until it's all used up.

Singapura

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2015, 08:43:05 pm
  • I, for one welcome our new insect overlords!
« Reply #239 on: April 03, 2013, 01:34:10 am »
Try peanut butter , bacon and banana. It killed Elvis but is oh so good :))

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Wish list: Galaga, Pacman, Pooyan, Star Wars cockpit, Gauntlet, Tron

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.