Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Favorite recipies?  (Read 158978 times)

Jessyka0118

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2008, 02:27:16 pm
Re: Favorite recipies?
« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2008, 11:52:25 am »
I'll be trying this one over the weekend. Sounds yummy. Thanks.

Recipes from a newbie.

Tater Tot Casserole

Brown 1-2 pounds ground beef and put in a 9x13 casserole dish.  Season as you like.
Empty a can of cream of whatever soup.  Mushroom is always a favorite, I like to use onion.  Spread out over the top of the burger.
Add a pouch (couple cup size?) cheese evenly over the top of the soup.
Add a layer of tater tots over the top. 

Bake roughly at 375 for 20-30 minutes.  Basically what is takes to cook the tots.

I like to serve with crescent rolls (out of a tube).

Crock pots are great.
Rice, cream of mushroom soup and chicken, beef stew cubes or flank steak.
A Roast, potatos (I prefer red), and veggies.

Chicken Alfredo
Couple pounds of fettuccine noodles
2 packets of alfredo sauce
Couple pounds chicken

Jdurg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2020, 09:26:27 pm
  • A young guy feeling older than sin......
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2008, 03:06:04 pm »
Alright.  I've got my Superbowl Feast cooking right now and I thought I'd share my recipe.

This makes enough food for about three or four people.  Scale up depending on the size of your party.  (I'm going to a small party and everybody is bringing food so I scaled back on the amounts).

1):  2 Links Sweet Italian Sausage.
2):  2 Links Spicy Italian Sausage.
3):  4 Links Homemade Venisson Sausage.
4):  One jar of Tomato Sauce, or the equivalent amount of your own homemade sauce.  (Homemade is MUCH better, but I used the Bertoli Garlic/Sausage sauce).
5):  One Large Sweet Onion.
6):  Three plastic cup fulls of sliced Baby Bella mushrooms
7):  One Large Clove of Garlic
8):  Salt and Pepper
9):  Four Cubanelle Peppers
10):  Basil and Oregano to taste.
11):  Fresh Parmesean Cheese
12):  Fresh Pecarino Romano Cheese
13):  Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.

Start out by taking the cubanelle peppers and roasting them in an oven (or on the grill) at a low temperature until they become soft and the skin starts to turn a little brown.  Remove them from the heat and let them dry on some paper towels.

Take the Onion and cut it up into a mixture of fine dices and thick strands.  (So there's some onion left to bite into after it's cooked).  Once diced up, add it to a pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil and add some salt and pepper.  (1/4 teaspoon of each).  Let them sautee until they become translucent.  Meanwhile, put your sausage links in the oven at 350 so they will cook all the way through.  Or, put them on the grill and let them stay there until fully cooked.

Once translucent, add in the mushrooms and cover the pan.  Let it simmer for a while but keep an eye on it.  As soon as the mushrooms have reduced in size and become soft, that is when you will throw in your one clove of garlic very finely diced.  Let this simmer for a little while so the garlic melds with the mushrooms and onions.

Take a sprinkling of the basil and oregano and let it infuse its flavor into the mushrooms/onions/garlic.  Once it's simmered for a little bit, take the whole mixture and put it aside to cool down and meld all the flavors.

Now, with the pan empty, throw in 3/4 of your tomato sauce and let it warm up.  Slice your cubanelle peppers into long strips and throw them in there.  At the same time, throw in your sausages sliced into small, bite-size discs and let them mix together.  Once it's all mixed, grind together your parmesean and romano cheeses.  (However much you want) and let it melt/dissolve into the sauce mixtures.  Now throw your mushrooms/onions/garlic back in.

Take the mixture and put it into a caserolle pan and mix in the rest of your tomato sauce and some shredded mozzerella cheese.  Now put a VERY thin layer of mozzerella cheese on top and put it into an oven at 350 degrees until the cheese turns brown on top.

Now take out your caserolle and let it cool a little bit.  Serve with some Italian bread and enjoy!   :cheers:
Donkey Kong High Scores:
1): 49,500
2): 35,600
3): 30,100
4): 29,400
5): 28,200

NIVO

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 12:32:13 pm
  • danny_galaga is my mail man.
    • N.A.M.E. - arcade cabinet project
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2008, 05:39:34 am »
Zesty Cheeseburger Bake

Cheeseburger helper with a bit of a twist. Not for dieters or the faint of heart. Dont use cheap hamburger or ground chuck, it kills the recipe with gristle and a heavy grease layer.

Get 1-1.5 lbs. of Ground Sirloin, browned in skillet(no need to drain as it leaves almost no fat)
1 whole medium onion minced(put this in with the ground sirloin)
1 box of small sea shell pasta, boil until tender and drain
1/2 block Velveeta cheese cut into small cubes
1 jar Ragu Double Cheddar sauce
1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup(low sodium is best for this)
2 packets brown gravy mix
1 8oz package fiesta or pizza fine shredded cheese

Get a very large mixing bowl and pour in drained pasta
Pour in jar of double cheddar, then fill 1/3 of jar with milk, shake vigorously to get remainder of cheese and empty into bowl
add cubed velveeta cheese
2 packets of brown gravy to 1 and 1/4 cup of cold water and whisk long enough to remove lumps, pour into mixture
add can of mushroom soup
add ground sirloin/onion mixture
stir until everything is evenly combined
Spray large metal or glass casserole dish with olive oil spray or whatever you choose
Spread entire package of shredded cheese over top of casserole evenly
Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned on top
Let rest for 5 minutes then serve.
It is a very rich cheesy/zesty gravy sauce and when i make it it doesnt last long. Will feed 4-6 people easily.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 05:43:03 am by NIVO »

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2008, 12:19:50 pm »
Something tells me NIVO is about as svelte as I am! :laugh2:

Sounds like you might be able to also add a jar of salsa (drained, unless it won't make it too soupy).  Yea or nay?
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

spystyle

• Thanks alot, now I have to build a time machine and warn myself yesterday!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2021, 02:30:18 pm
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2008, 10:15:55 am »
Chloe's orange fruit smoothie

1 cup yogurt (banana)
1 cup milk
3 cups oranges
1 cup pear
2 cups ice

Blend until smooth, enjoy!

NIVO

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 12:32:13 pm
  • danny_galaga is my mail man.
    • N.A.M.E. - arcade cabinet project
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2008, 07:27:34 pm »
Something tells me NIVO is about as svelte as I am! :laugh2:

Sounds like you might be able to also add a jar of salsa (drained, unless it won't make it too soupy).  Yea or nay?

you definitely could do that for a twist, but personally its damn good as it is. Yea im svelt lol, meat and potatoes kinda guy hehe

havic626

• -banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2012, 05:11:42 am
« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2008, 08:51:26 pm »
Easy Lil Mexican Dish
CHORIZO AND EGGS

1/4 of chorizo log (yeah i know it looks like a sh!t log  ;D)
2 or 3 eggs

Cook the chorizo in a medium size pan for a few minutes on med heat, smash and
or cut while its cooking till it looks like small chunks, add the eggs and cook it up for a few more minutes. THATS IT!   Just watch out while cookin it cause the grease from the chorizo tends to pop up at you.   oh yeah heat up some corn or flour tortillas to eat with it, not the same using a spoon or fork

WCBoudreaux

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2022, 07:20:41 pm
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2008, 08:56:33 am »
My Buffalo Wings Recipe...

Sauce

6 Tbsp Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce
1/2 Stick of Margarine (NOT BUTTER!)
1 Tbsp White Vinegar
1/8 Tsp Celery Seed
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 Tsp Red Pepper
1/8 Tsp Garlic Salt
Dash of Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tsp Tabasco Sauce

Directions

Mix all of the ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat until the margarine is completely melted.
Stir occasionally.

This makes enough for about 30 wingettes.

The Wings

Fry the wings in a deep fryer set at 375F using vegatable or peanut oil.
I fry 15 wings at a time for about 15 minutes.

Drain the wings for a few minutes, then put them in a bowl.

After all of the wings have been fried, pour the sauce over them, cover the bowl, and shake to completely coat the wings.

They can be eaten now, or you can put them on a baking sheet, and bake them for about 10 minutes to get them extra-crispy.

This is the original recipe from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo... So, ya know they gotta be good, 'cause this is the place that started it all!

Coin_Op

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 27, 2008, 06:25:16 pm
« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2008, 12:06:33 am »
Man, lots of good looking recipies.
I'll have to take time to read all of them.

This isn't a recipie, just a suggestion that we do from time to time.
We call it Breakfast for dinner!

I have two kids that are the pickiest and when we tell them whats for dinner that night they whistle zippa de do da.

gotta love Kellogs!

Jdurg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2008, 09:19:23 pm »
White Clam Pizza w/ Fresh Mozzerella.

This is a recipe for a White Clam Pizza that takes advantage of Fresh Mozzerella, Fresh Clams, Bacon, Garlic, and a few herbs and seasonings.

Ingredients:
Fresh Chopped Clams
Thick Cut Bacon
Basil
Fresh Garlic
Fresh Mozzerella Cheese
Pizza Dough (The thinner the crust the better).
Olive Oil
Butter
Salt
Pepper

First, get your pizza dough ready and spread out into the shape you desire.  You would like to get the crust fairly thin so that it will get crisp when cooked.

Now take some butter and sautee the chopped clams very slightly in the butter with salt and pepper added.  While cooking in the butter, throw in some garlic so the garlic will meld with the clams and you get a great overall taste.  Don't do it for too long, however, or the clams will get rubbery and the garlic will scorch.  Treat it like a barbecue:  low and slow.  ;D

When it is done to your liking, remove from the heat and let it cool a little bit.  While it's cooling, chop up some Basil and if you want, some oregano or thyme to flesh out the herbal taste.  Also, take some olive oil and rub the dough to help prevent moisture from soaking in there and making the dough soggy.

Now, put about half of your clam/butter/garlic/herb mixture on the pizza dough.   Also throw in some pieces of thick cut bacon broken down into smaller chunks.  On top of this, strategically place chunks of the fresh mozzerella on top.  You want to place it so that when it melts it will cover pretty much the entire pizza.  Now put the rest of your ingredients on the top.

Put the pizza in a 350 degree oven and watch as the dough cooks and the cheese slowly melts.  Once all the cheese has melted, turn the temperature up to 450 degrees and pay REAL close attention to the pizza.  As soon as the cheese starts to brown, turn the oven off and let it sit in there.  It will continue to brown.

The fresh mozzerella has a great deal of moisture and fat in there which allows for the cheese to flow smoothly and not "chunk up" on you.  The bacon and the butter also provide more fat and grease which, in a way, fries the crust  If you want to reduce this "greasyness", cook the clams in olive oil and let drain, or just don't cook them at all and let the pizza spend more time in the oven.  Overall, the mix of fresh cheese, herbs, clams and bacon really make a great white pizza.  (And you can make it carb free if you use the proper ingredients for the crust).
Donkey Kong High Scores:

Jigenjuke

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2016, 12:00:50 am
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2008, 12:43:01 am »
Ok, guys here is one of my favorite recipes and some background as to why.  I moved here to Japan about 6 years ago and what they call biscuits we call cookies.  Every once in a while I get a craving for one of two things.  A Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit (Burger King was the bestt for these) or Country Kitchen's Biscuit's an Gravy.  So here goes.

3 cups regular flour (sifted is best but you can do it either way)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 stick butter (room tempreature)
3/4 cup of milk (if you don't care about calories use cream)
3 tablespoons of baking power

Put the ingredients in a mixing bowl in the above order and mix with a rubber spatula (never beat!)

Roll out the mixture on a cutting board to about 1/2 thick and cut with a round cookie cutter.  They sell many sizes but I like about a 3.5 to 4 inch biscuit.  This recipe makes about 9 biscuits. 

Put the biscuits on a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 9-12 minutes depending on your oven.  Take the biscuits out and let them cool.

fry up about 12 slices of bacon and cut in half (you can use the store sausage patties if you like or even ham) and set these aside, you'll need them later.  Also keep away from the kids with greedy fingers or you will have no bacon for the biscuits.

beat 6 eggs and 1/2 cup of milk
use a non-stick spray like PAM for a frypan and put it over medium heat, when the pan gets up to temp put it down to low and dump in the egg mixture (if you like you can add spinich and or parsley)  Cover the egg mixture and let it cook until solid and fluffy.

section the egg mixture into 9 even pieces kind like a tic-tac-toe board and set aside.

Cut your biscuits in half and slap on a slice of cheese (I usually use 1/2 a slice for each side of the biscuit, that way things don't slide off. 

top with two halves of bacon on the lower half of the biscuit

Put back in the oven for about 1 minute until the cheese is melted remove and add the slice of egg and (here is where I differ from BBKing but it really works!  The Kids like Salsa on their biscuits but I top with Mayonaise (not just any kind either, look for an asian grocery store where you are located and buy Japanese Kewpie Mayonaise, it kicks the s#@t out of American mayo.  top the biscuit and eat.  repeat if necessary.

Now for the gravy is you don't want a bacon egg and cheese biscuit....

The acutal name for the Sausage gravey is "milk gravy", "sawmill gravy" or "country gravy", but that is neither here nor there.

Cook you sausages in a heavy skillet (best is cast iron, if ya got it). Remove sausage with a slotted spoon but leave the fat; set aside for a later use.
Remove all but 2 to 3 tablespoons of grease from the skillet.
Over medium heat, stir 3 tablespoons of flour into the grease. Stir constantly until browned, about 5 minutes.
Stirring constantly, pour in 1 cup of regular milk.  Add your sausage back in

Pour over two open faced biscuits and proceed to stuff yourself.

Hope you enjoy....

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2008, 03:21:41 am »
Indeed only in the US are these called biscuits. "biscuit" is french for "twice baked" so it's a bit strange to call this product a biscuit. I guess it's short for "biscuit roll"?

In the Netherlands we usually eat the double baked end result (biscuit roll cut in halves and then baked again). Great with cheese and covered with sugar covered anise seeds (called mice) it's a traditional treat when a baby is born.

At what temperature do you bake them?
This signature is intentionally left blank

Jdurg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2008, 09:43:27 am »
Mmmmmm.  That sounds good but my left arm is tingling and my pants fit much tighter now.   :'( :P ;D
Donkey Kong High Scores:

Jigenjuke

• Offline Offline
« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2008, 07:01:59 pm »
Sorry guys, was looking back through my post and found that I didn't give you the temp for the oven.  I set it at about 220 degrees c but you can set it at about 350-375 if you are using f.  Hope that helps. 

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2008, 07:28:51 pm »
Sorry guys, was looking back through my post and found that I didn't give you the temp for the oven.  I set it at about 220 degrees c but you can set it at about 350-375 if you are using f.  Hope that helps. 
Yes thanks. That's a lot higher than I expected.

I hope to try them out soon. Or maybe I'll just buy the buscuit rolls and add the bacon to that :)
This signature is intentionally left blank

Jigenjuke

• Offline Offline
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2008, 08:40:36 pm »
That's balsphemy :badmood: heh heh just kidding man whatever works :cheers:

gourami

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 24, 2008, 12:13:47 am
  • EMS for Life!
Uncie Joe's Pretzels
« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2008, 09:53:44 pm »
(Pretty much a rip of Auntie Anne's Pretzels, taste nearly identical though no recipe was used)

1 two pound bag all purpose flour
2 cups lukewarm water, + as needed
2 1/4oz packets active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
2 sticks butter, melted separately
1/4 cup molasses
kosher salt
1 egg
1 cup baking soda.

Combine lukewarm water and yeast, as well as sugar and set aside for 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes, combine yeast mixture with flour. Add 1 stick cooled (while still melted) butter and the molasses. Mix well. Add water as needed to form a firm dough

turn dough out onto floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes, til everything is well combined and the dough is smooth. Make desired shapes (preferably something like a stick or a traditional pretzel shape, helps in cooking).

Bring to a boil a half gallon of water with the baking soda mixed in. Dunk each pretzel in this boiling mixture for 10sec each, then quickly remove with a slotted spoon, and place on a baking sheet. Technically, you're supposed to use lye for this step, but its really hard to find food grade lye in the US, and there are safety concerns.

Once on baking sheet, apply a mixture of the other melted stick of butter and the egg with a basting brush. Sprinkle salt on (or cinnamon-sugar) and bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.

Let cool

Enjoy!

Jdurg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2008, 09:47:45 am »
Yeah, the lye really just gives the pretzel the brown outer coating without having to cook it too much.  It's really more for aesthetics than anything else.  On E-Bay you can always find high grade soap-making lye which will work just fine and won't be full of other "nasties".  (which is kind of ironic since lye itself is really quite nasty).  The more "wholesome organic" lyes are typically contaminant free.
Donkey Kong High Scores:

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #178 on: July 07, 2008, 11:50:34 am »
Does anyone have a good recipe for Buffalo Wings?

I'm a big fan of Alton Brown.  So when he comes out with a dish that I like, I have to try doing it "his way."

Last excellent dish was his green bean casserole.  I couldn't get the fried onions on top to come out right (they kept burning) so I ended up using French's Fried Onions instead.  Totally awesome.

His latest show, entitled "The Wing and I" dealt with chicken wings.  I've always done wings my own way, with a marinating and a slow baking that has yielded an "okay" result, but nothing spectacular.

Alton's cooking method was remarkably simple, quick, and yielded the tastiest, juiciest wings I've ever had.

First you steam the wings for ten minutes.  He recommends chilling them for an hour afterwards, but I didn't like they way the skin browned doing that.  Then, onto a cooling rack over a baking pan, into a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes.  Flip them and bake for another 20.

1/4 cup of hot sauce with 1/2 a stick of melted butter, mix, and toss them on the hot wings.

abzman2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2020, 06:25:12 pm
  • I LIKE my hat!
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2008, 04:31:58 pm »
Alton Brown is the Chuck Norris of cooking, everyone should know that.  and instructables has a lot of creative recipies if you look, and they have quite a few on how to make $.10 ramen delicious :)

punxrus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 07, 2009, 03:27:53 pm
  • It's business time...
    • Home Sweet Home...
« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2008, 04:25:10 pm »
Alton Brown is a living culinary GOD! Almost all of his recipes that I have tried have been wonderful. The only one that was pretty bad was his doughnuts. And that was probably my fault! If you get a chance, go check out his books at the library and get some ideas! Also, the all knowing intertron holds many sites devoted to cooking, eating and my personal favorite...BACON...also known as Meat Candy! I suggest trying the chocolate covered bacon...best thing since...well...chocolate covered bacon!
Dude...Wait...What?!

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2008, 06:04:48 pm »
Blech. You like Mole', too? (Chocolate and meat do not mix.)
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

punxrus

• Offline Offline
  • It's business time...
    • Home Sweet Home...
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2008, 01:51:53 pm »

Don't knock it till you try it! I would also suggest the Bacon and Peanut Butter sandwich! It's great! It's like fat boy heaven!  ;D
Dude...Wait...What?!

Santoro

• Purveyor of Shiny Arcade Goodness
  • Santoro
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2023, 07:05:04 pm
  • Boycott Quarters!!!
    • ArcadeReplay!
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2008, 10:27:25 pm »
Yes.. Peanut Butter and Bacon is as awesome a combo as it is unlikely.

punxrus

• Offline Offline
  • It's business time...
    • Home Sweet Home...
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2008, 04:01:30 pm »
My Buffalo Wings Recipe...

Sauce

6 Tbsp Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce
1/2 Stick of Margarine (NOT BUTTER!)
1 Tbsp White Vinegar
1/8 Tsp Celery Seed
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 Tsp Red Pepper
1/8 Tsp Garlic Salt
Dash of Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tsp Tabasco Sauce

Directions

Mix all of the ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat until the margarine is completely melted.
Stir occasionally.

This makes enough for about 30 wingettes.

The Wings

Fry the wings in a deep fryer set at 375F using vegatable or peanut oil.
I fry 15 wings at a time for about 15 minutes.

Drain the wings for a few minutes, then put them in a bowl.

After all of the wings have been fried, pour the sauce over them, cover the bowl, and shake to completely coat the wings.

They can be eaten now, or you can put them on a baking sheet, and bake them for about 10 minutes to get them extra-crispy.

This is the original recipe from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo... So, ya know they gotta be good, 'cause this is the place that started it all!

This is the reason why I'm overweight...
Dude...Wait...What?!

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2008, 08:52:16 pm »

Don't knock it till you try it! I would also suggest the Bacon and Peanut Butter sandwich! It's great! It's like fat boy heaven!  ;D

I have. Ilcck-h. Peanut butter and bacon, maybe.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

punxrus

• Offline Offline
  • It's business time...
    • Home Sweet Home...
« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2008, 11:08:31 pm »

I have. Ilcck-h. Peanut butter and bacon, maybe.

Peanut butter and bacon is probably my favorite sandwich that I have ever had... I used to order it from a little mom and pop shop up in Seattle...they delivered!
Dude...Wait...What?!

Jdurg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2008, 06:53:15 pm »
Fresh Carpaccio.

Yes, even you can make that succulent Italian Appetizer and really seem sophisticated at your next party.  This is one of the simplest appetizers to make, and is an incredible match with a good dry wine.  In addition, you can customize it to whatever meat you have available, or toppings.  For this recipe, you will need a few things;

1):  A very good cut of beef.  I use filet mignon steaks that you can get at a grocery store.  Of course, the better your cut of beef the better your carpaccio will be.  You want a cut with little to now fat on it, but a great deal of marbelized fat in the meat itself.  Kobe beef is the best for this, but it's also INSANELY F-ING EXPENSIVE so unless you're rich, a simple cheap filet mignon cut will work.

2):  A very good parmesean cheese, or sharp Italian style cheese.  This adds a perfect flavor to your creation.

3):  A very good balsamic vinegar.  The thicker the better.  You can take regular brand vinegar and condense it yourself.  You basically want a syrup like vinegar.

4):  Salt and pepper.

5):  Olive oil.

Start out by taking the filet mignons and trimming off any external fat lumps or sinew with a VERY sharp knife.  You'll then want to cut off all of the externally visible meat there to completely remove any part of the steak that was exposed to the air.

Now, using that sharp knife shave off very thin sections of beef going across the grain.  I'd say slices about 3mm thick are optimal.

Lay out some plastic wrap on the counter top and put a little bit of water on the wrap.  Put a sliced section of beef on the plastic wrap, then put another piece of wrap on top.  Now pound the beef until it is very thin and nearly transparent.  Remove the wrap (the water should prevent it from sticking) and carefully place the thinly pounded beef onto a plate.  This takes practice to get it the right thickness and transfer it properly.  When you've pounded out all the beef you should lay it out in a nice spiral pattern on the plate.

Now, evenly sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper over the entire plate.  If you want, some freshly cut basil can also be shredded and sprinkled over the top, or some bits of garlic.

Get a vegetable peeler out and a block of your best parmesean, or similar Italian Cheese.  Shave off thin sections of the cheese and place them on the top of your finely pounded beef.

Take your balsamic vinegar and just randomly dot the plate being sure that each slice of beef gets some of the vinegar on it.  Now liberally apply some olive oil to the entire plate.

Cover the plate and chill in the refridgerator for at least 1 hour, then serve.  It is amazing how relatively cheap it is to create, and how great it tastes.
Donkey Kong High Scores:

Jdurg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2008, 01:09:17 pm »
Oh yeah, one warning about the Carpaccio.  You are dealing with RAW beef and an aged cheese.  This means there are a few precautions you need to take.

1):  Make sure you remove ALL beef surface that is exposed.  You don't know how clean the butcher's shop is, so by removing that outer layer of meat you ensure that bacteria is gone.  The other method is to quickly pan sear the outside edges so they turn grayish but the inside of the steak below the surface is completely raw.  This may be the best method because the little bit of heat will tenderize some of the meet and it actualy makes it easier to cut.

2):  You are eating raw meat and aged cheese.  You WILL have the most rancid, foul smelling farts you have ever witnessed.  They will burn your eyes and make everyone immediately leave your area.  Add some hoppy beer to that mix, and you'll spend a few nights on the couch.  However, the taste of the Carpaccio is well worth this pain.  Besides, you can use this to your advantage if you play cards with friends as you can unleash the horrific bombs and throw everyone on tilt.  (Or yourself out of the game if your friends are really pissed).   :laugh2:
Donkey Kong High Scores:

facesmiths

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2011, 07:53:05 pm
  • nemo goggles
    • Borg Steam Factory
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2008, 01:12:05 am »
two things

one
add a little pumpkin pack(the stuff in a can of pumpkin for making pumpkin pie) to pancake batter and some pumpkin pie spice.

and two
George foreman grill cheese sandwiches (or cinnamon toast made on it as well)

fast and easy.

facesmiths

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2011, 07:53:05 pm
  • nemo goggles
    • Borg Steam Factory
« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2008, 01:18:51 am »
I wonder if anyone would like my cheese cake pumpkin pie recipe? if anyone does I will find it

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2008, 11:48:26 pm »
Oh yeah, one warning about the Carpaccio.  You are dealing with RAW beef and an aged cheese.  This means there are a few precautions you need to take.

1):  Make sure you remove ALL beef surface that is exposed.  You don't know how clean the butcher's shop is, so by removing that outer layer of meat you ensure that bacteria is gone.  The other method is to quickly pan sear the outside edges so they turn grayish but the inside of the steak below the surface is completely raw.  This may be the best method because the little bit of heat will tenderize some of the meet and it actualy makes it easier to cut.

2):  You are eating raw meat and aged cheese.  You WILL have the most rancid, foul smelling farts you have ever witnessed.  They will burn your eyes and make everyone immediately leave your area.  Add some hoppy beer to that mix, and you'll spend a few nights on the couch.  However, the taste of the Carpaccio is well worth this pain.  Besides, you can use this to your advantage if you play cards with friends as you can unleash the horrific bombs and throw everyone on tilt.  (Or yourself out of the game if your friends are really pissed).   :laugh2:

You had me at rancid ;D

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2008, 08:22:00 pm »
Oh yeah, one warning about the Carpaccio.  You are dealing with RAW beef and an aged cheese. 
j

"...it's the cheese that gets you off...."   Oh, ooops, wrong thread.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2008, 07:35:29 pm »
Someone on another forum suggested making burgers on their waffle iron.  I tried it and it was AWESOME.

I don't know how many of you guys bake stuff, but I've recently become aware of a mixing method that's made things much tastier.  You wouldn't think this would be this way, since it's all going to be mixed together anyway, but it works!

It goes like this: any recipe that requires eggs, fat (butter, oil) and a water-based liquid (milk, buttermilk) mix in this order.

1) beat the eggs.

2) add your fat.  If it calls for butter make sure it's melted - but not HOT.  Otherwise you cook your eggs.  Beat them together.

3) add your water based liquid - slowly.  Beat it together. 

You should have a completely mixed mixture if you've done it right.  The eggs act as an emulsifier of sorts.

Oh, and this method is called the "Muffin Method" of all things.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2008, 09:03:37 pm »
Hey, those Foreman grills are the same thing with a slightly different shape and different name. Waffle irons robably cost less, too.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

sel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2009, 12:04:09 am
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2008, 04:36:08 pm »
Ok, i used to cook these all the time for my ex boyfriend and he really loved them, and so does my other ex too....they absolutely went like bonkers for these things

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

INGREDIENTS
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

daywane

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 07:18:07 am
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2008, 09:52:10 pm »
just tried this one.
Wife has been sick.... when she is out of it, I play in the kitchen >:D
normally I grill , She cooks.
This will make 3 bowls of soup
very cheap, and fast.
I found this on the internet about a year ago

Saucy Cauliflower with Mushrooms

1 medium to large cauliflower
1 can mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Wash cauliflower, drain well, separate into flowerettes and score
stems. Place mushroom soup in cooker. Mix well. Add milk, salt
and pepper. Add cauliflower and spoon sauce over the flowerettes.
Place cover on cooker. Allow steam to flow from vent pipe to
release all air from cooker. Place indicator weight on vent pipe
and cook 2 minutes with stem at COOK position. Cool cooker at
once.

I do not know what kind of pressure cooker the person has?

Me ... I had my stove on high. had the bob-er on. at fast rock, I set timer for 2 min.
after the timer rang , I just took it off the burner.
till I could lift up bob-er

I made some of the flowerettes to small. I liked the bigger ones the best.

wallmart 10/25/08
cauliflower = $3.00
1 can mushroom soup = .88 cents
milk I had
same with salt and pepper

wife and I had lunch for $3.88  :applaud:

here is a simple thing to do with Cauliflower

1 medium to large cauliflower
1 bag of beer batter

Wash cauliflower, drain well, separate into flowerettes
1 to 2 inches long

mix up beer batter.
roll in flowerettes

deep fry till golden brown.
drain and set on paper towels

dip in ranch dressing.
YUM  :cheers:
Flower Power :afro:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:23:01 pm by daywane »

Blanka

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2018, 03:19:28 pm
« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2008, 02:51:45 am »
If you total all recipies, the disc of 5 is not very well covered. The meat, milk and gravy part covers half the disc at least. Veggies and fruit are hardly used. Most recipies look like student meals (soup as sauce). Where are the Belgians, French, Italians and organic americans in this cuisine-topic?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 02:53:16 am by Blanka »

Blanka

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2018, 03:19:28 pm
« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2008, 02:57:02 am »
The piramid style:

Healty diet one:

For zombies:

DrewKaree

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2008, 11:20:42 pm »

If you total all recipies, the disc of 5 is not very well covered.

It's a shame when you live life according to guidelines doled out according to what's "best" for you.  Perhaps living life wasn't meant to be confined to a disc of 5.  At the very least, "favorite" seems to cast a hearty "FEH!" at your wheel of magic, no matter your view on the taste and flavor (or lack thereof) of said favorites.

Where are the Belgians, French, Italians and organic americans in this cuisine-topic?

I notice your typing abilities haven't been hampered, get to posting your favorites.  Learn us hicks how we all should be livin', mang!