Main > Everything Else

Favorite recipies?

<< < (2/52) > >>

Jabba:
Try http://www.recipezaar.com/     .    Lots of good recipes there.

Also, one of the chicks from the cooking channel Rachel Rae has a book out I got my wifey called Cooking for Kids in under 30 minutes.

And as far as crock pots, I find eveything I cook in it ends up tasting the same. Like Stew. Maybe I don't have the good recipes Drew has....

DrewKaree:

--- Quote from: Jabba on February 20, 2006, 06:10:57 pm ---Try http://www.recipezaar.com/     .    Lots of good recipes there.

Also, one of the chicks from the cooking channel Rachel Rae has a book out I got my wifey called Cooking for Kids in under 30 minutes.

And as far as crock pots, I find eveything I cook in it ends up tasting the same. Like Stew. Maybe I don't have the good recipes Drew has....

--- End quote ---

Stop dumping cans of stew in there all the time and it won't happen all the time! ;D

Yeah, a slow cooker is interchangeable with a crockpot.  I'm certain there's some fop who can explain ad nauseum the differences between the two, but around these here parts, they both mean the same thing.  Long, slow and low, that's essentially how they cook stuff in 'em. 

You can throw stuff in there in the morning before leaving for work, and when you get home, YOINK!, dinner's done!  It's almost impossible to burn stuff in there.  Homemade mac and cheese in the slow cooker is also good!  Shells, velveeta, some water (NEVER add milk at the beginning of a slow-cooker recipe unless it VERY SPECIFICALLY tells you to do so.  Curdled milk never mixes and it sucks), butter and milk near the end...oh daddy!

Also, never add spices at the beginning, same as the milk.  Add it near the end of cooking, otherwise all the flavor will get cooked out of it by the end.  And fresh spices - same thing. 

I'm not sure if Sam's Club still sells this one, but at the one by me, they sell a slow-cooker with two removeable inserts.  One is a big honkin' oval, the other one is an oval, but separated into two compartments, so you can do two dishes at once.  It also comes with a cover for the container and an insulated carrier with a heat pack. I think it cost us $50, but the extra bowl alone is worth the added cost. 

Something else that can be eaten as a main meal, or used as a dip for chips (or treat it like nachos and throw the chips on a plate and pour this over it).  Throw 2-3 cans of Hormel chili (if used as a dip, skip the beans in the chili), an equal number of packages of Philly cream cheese, and 8 oz of velveeta, cubed, for every can of chili.  Throw a touch of water in there, like half a cup, and heat it through.  BAM!  Good eatin's, with less than 10 minutes of prep time!  The amount of time needed to heat this - you can skip the slow cooker and just use a large pot on the stove over low heat, just make sure to stir often.

Franco:
God you yanks eat some crazy sh*t. Treat yourselves and get The Silver Spoon.

AtomSmasher:
Carrot Cake Soup - cut a carrot cake into 1'' cubes, put cubes in a bowl, fill bowl with milk.   MMMMmmm boy, good stuff for desert.   (no really, I didn't make this up)

markrvp:
EASY BURRITOS

Brown a pound of hamburger meat in a pan.  Mix in taco mix (from a packet) and water.  Warm up a can of refried beans in the microwave.  Warm up some tortillas in the microwave.  Throw the beef, refried beans, cheese, sour cream, and picante sauce in the tortillas and you've got an easy and delicious meal.

Black olives are also good, but not necessary.  The cheese and sour cream really make it great.  You can use lowfat if you're concerned about calories.  You can also substitute ground turkey for the ground beef.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version