Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bug Reports Here Please  (Read 9954 times)

Fat-Johnny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 09:23:33 am
Bug Reports Here Please
« on: February 18, 2006, 03:41:03 pm »
I am running the commandline version pf Powermame 104.0.1 through MAMEWAH.  When I launch MAMEWAH, I have no LED's lit.  I launch a game (say 1942), and MAMEWAH launches Powermame, and the P1 buttons 1 & 2 light up.  Very nice.

However, when I am done playing, and I wanna exit back to MAMEWAH, I hit ESC, shouldnt Powermame "clear" the LED's??  Either clear the LED's, or maybe have some kinda lighting setup for MAMEWAH that only light certain buttons used in MAMEWAH?

Is this a bug, or am I missing something (which is entirely possible).
Thanks,
FJ

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
Re: Bug Reports Here Please
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 09:17:07 am »
RandyT  and/or MikeQ,

I purchased three LED-wiz

MYX

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2020, 05:00:22 pm
  • Even Jesus loves Donkey Kong!
    • MYX Digital Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 11:06:39 am »
Do you have anything listed for an attract mode when you are in the mamewah FE?
M    Y    X

BLACKOUT  - Finally rewritten - http://blog.myxdigital.com/
Original BLACKOUT thread - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=48239.0

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 11:45:27 am »
No, no attract mode at all.

Maybe I SHOULD have an attract mode, with NO led's lit.  Maybe that would solver the problem??

Or maybe an attract mode that only lights the buttons I use in Mamewah?

Hmm...
FJ

MYX

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
    • MYX Digital Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 12:41:55 pm »
There ya go. Try it and let us know.
M    Y    X

Original BLACKOUT thread - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=48239.0

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 09:41:18 am »
RandyT  and/or MikeQ,

I purchased three LED-wiz

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 05:01:32 pm »
There ya go. Try it and let us know.
OK, I tried it, and I cannot seem to find how to do it??  Does anyone know how to specify a certain .lsq file (like "attract.lsq) in Powermame??  Remember, I am using commandline Powermame thru Mamewah  (not Powermame32).

I can see how to specify an attract mode in Powermame32, but not in regular commandline Powermame.

Also, when I specify an attract mode in the GUI of Powermame32, any changes I make there do not get saved to the .lsq file.  I have to manually go into Wordpad to make any changes to the .lsq file.

MikeQ.....help!?!??
Thx,
FJ

MikeQ

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 06:48:35 pm »
Normal PowerMAME (not 32) doesn't use .lsq files currently.  It just generates the controls lighting so there is no point.  The next release will.  If you press pause during the game it will run your attract .lsq.  If you are in a game, it will look for a gamename.lsq and use that first to light the controls.  If it doesn't find this, then it reverts to normal controls lighting.

The LED's not clearing is also fixed in 104.1.0.  I haven't tested a lot with PowerMAME and front ends so I didn't see this problem.

I'm not sure why you can't save  the changes you make to the .lsq files.  I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.  Could it be that the .lsq files are set to read-only?   

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 09:17:45 pm »
The LED's not clearing is also fixed in 104.1.0.  I haven't tested a lot with PowerMAME and front ends so I didn't see this problem.
Is 104.1.0 a typo, or are you referring to a future release.  If so, when??

I assume the "gamename.lsq" implementation is also in this future version?  I could not get it to work with the current 104.0.1

Will 104.1.0 also address the issue of talking to multiple LEDwiz's at the same time.  I will have 3 LEDwiz's on my system when done, and RandyT already progreammed them as #1, #2, and #3

Thanks,
FJ

MikeQ

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 09:24:41 pm »
Is 104.1.0 a typo, or are you referring to a future release.  If so, when??

I assume the "gamename.lsq" implementation is also in this future version?  I could not get it to work with the current 104.0.1

Will 104.1.0 also address the issue of talking to multiple LEDwiz's at the same time.  I will have 3 LEDwiz's on my system when done, and RandyT already progreammed them as #1, #2, and #3

Thanks,
FJ

104.1.0 is a new release.  I'm not sure when it will go out the door.  I just finished the 49way stuff and have a list of things to fix/add.   I may have another developer coming on the team so things may get done quicker but I may have to spend some time ramping him up too.

By multi LEDwiz support, what do you mean?  Do you mean multiple LEDWiz's for control lighting or multiple with an lsq file? 

The multi LEDWiz for controls will be in 104.1.0 since it doesn't need an lsq to work.  The multiple LEDWiz support for lsq requires a new language definition from Randie for the lsa files.  If I go invent something, I'll just have to redo it later when Randy defines the language.

I too have multiple LEDWiz's so I'm anxious to see a new lsa language soon.

MikeQ

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 09:26:13 pm »

MYX

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
    • MYX Digital Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 10:43:10 pm »
MIKE! Your Back. That was not a week.  ;D
M    Y    X

MikeQ

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 11:28:33 pm »
I said I'd pop in if I could.  I don't have time right now to catch up on threads though.

MikeQ

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 01:24:41 am »
I'd prefer people report bugs on the website but if you must do it here, please use this thread.

Thanks,

Mike

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
104.1.0 Commandline PowerMAME not lighting in-game buttons HELP!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 11:19:37 am »
MikeQ (or anyone else trying to use commandline PowerMAME),

I just downloaded the latest version 104.1.0 of commandline powermame, and I cant get it to light my buttons in games at all.  When I first launch the game, I can see the appropriate buttons flash for a very brief millisecond, but then they go out, and the
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 11:21:29 am by Fat-Johnny »

MikeQ

Re: 104.1.0 Commandline PowerMAME not lighting in-game buttons HELP!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 11:46:35 am »
What game are you running?  I'll try to reproduce the problem.

MikeQ (or anyone else trying to use commandline PowerMAME),

I just downloaded the latest version 104.1.0 of commandline powermame, and I cant get it to light my buttons in games at all.  When I first launch the game, I can see the appropriate buttons flash for a very brief millisecond, but then they go out, and the

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 12:08:57 pm »
I was trying to test with Hyper Athlete  (hyperath)  since I know it lights buttns 1,2,and 3  I did try with a few other games as well, and I got prety much the same thing.

Let me know.
Thanks,
FJ

MikeQ

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 12:42:42 pm »
It looks like the only thing that is wrong is that the attract mode enable "ledwiz_attract" isn't working.  However, if you push a button that the game uses, the attract lighting should stop.  Could you check this for me.  It works for me.

I also notice you have a problem in your .ini file.

pause_message   "test fatjohnny"

pause_message should have quotes.  Without the quotes PowerMAME complains about it.

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 12:50:35 pm »
It looks like the only thing that is wrong is that the attract mode enable "ledwiz_attract" isn't working.  However, if you push a button that the game uses, the attract lighting should stop.  Could you check this for me.  It works for me.
I press any button, the attract does not stop.  I insert a coin, the attract does not stop.  I start the game, attract does not stop.  I play the game for over 1 minute, the attract does nopt stop.  In addition, at no time do the correct action butttons light up.

I also notice you have a problem in your .ini file.

pause_message   "test fatjohnny"

pause_message should have quotes.  Without the quotes PowerMAME complains about it.

Worked for me without the quotes.  I added the quotes, it still works.  But still same problem with the in-game LED's.

BTW, I am sorry, I mis-stated the game I was using.  It is NOT Hyperathlete (hyperath)....that is a big, bloated .chd game.  I was using Hypersports  (hyperspt).

Lemme know if you got something else I can try, or if you want me to send some files to you (ini or ledwiz.cfg, etc..)
Thanks,
FJ

MikeQ

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 12:55:41 pm »
In addition, at no time do the correct action butttons light up.

Do they light up at all?  If not, it is because you have something wrong with your LEDWiz.cfg.  Could you email it to me?  mikeq@unappliedbraincells.com

Not sure why your quotes would work without the " ".  It clearly doesn't for me and prints out an error message.

Brewser

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2006, 02:01:48 pm
  • Fighting the forces of evil since 1978
PowerMame and game issue
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 09:59:44 am »
I stumbled on this last night - Smash TV does not work with PowerMame. It starts up but once you hit player 1 start it exits the game. I tried it on Mame32 V 104u3 and it works fine but it doesn't work with either PowerMame32 or command line PowerMame.
This is the only game I came across that failed but am curious if any other games are broke.

MikeQ

Re: PowerMame and game issue
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 10:16:56 am »
I stumbled on this last night - Smash TV does not work with PowerMame. It starts up but once you hit player 1 start it exits the game. I tried it on Mame32 V 104u3 and it works fine but it doesn't work with either PowerMame32 or command line PowerMame.
This is the only game I came across that failed but am curious if any other games are broke.

PowerMAME is based on 104 source not 104u3.  Could you try it on MAME 104?  The u3 build may have fixed something that broke from 104.

Brewser

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 10:36:24 am »
I just tried Smash TV with Mame32 104 and it works.

MikeQ

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006, 10:40:57 am »

Ok, I'll take a look at it tonight.

MikeQ

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006, 06:26:09 pm »

Ok, I'll take a look at it tonight.
Interesting problem.  It doesn't work when compiled with Microsoft Dev studio but it does work when compiled with MINGW.  Not sure which compiler is actually doing the wrong thing though.

MikeQ

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2006, 08:03:11 pm »
OK, this does crash with normal MAME .104.  It only crashes when you bulid a debug driver.  This is a game bug.  I'll report it to the MAMEtesters.

Brewser

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2006, 09:41:07 pm »
OK, this does crash with normal MAME .104.  It only crashes when you bulid a debug driver.  This is a game bug.  I'll report it to the MAMEtesters.
I am confused, I am not running any debug driver that I am aware of. I am just running the standard version of Mame32. It works just fine but it fails in PowerMame. Could you explain the debug driver?
Thanks

MikeQ

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2006, 09:50:06 pm »
It is because PowerMAME is compiled with Microsoft compilers.  They are better at catching access violations.  With Microsoft, it will fail with both release and debug.

What I stated was that I built.104 regular MAME (not PowerMAME) with MINGW debug driver and it crashed too.  Therefore, a non-PowerMAME build see's the same crash.  It is not a PowerMAME unique problem.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 09:57:20 pm by MikeQ »

Brewser

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2006, 02:17:40 pm »
I also found out Paperboy doesn't work either. It does work with Mame104.
Another note is the screen scrolling of your rom list is really slow on PowerMame32 but it moves really quick on Mame32.
Another thing I found that I need to check out further is when playing the first Metal Slugs with PowerMame my player 1 fire button quite working during game play. I will have to check this out in Mame104 as well.

MikeQ

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2006, 10:51:57 pm »
I also found out Paperboy doesn't work either. It does work with Mame104.

Ok, I'll report it to MAMEtester

Another note is the screen scrolling of your rom list is really slow on PowerMame32 but it moves really quick on Mame32.

It is slower because of the lighting sequence stuff that is running in the background.  I've thought about disabling lighting while scrolling but it hasn't been that big of an issue.

Another thing I found that I need to check out further is when playing the first Metal Slugs with PowerMame my player 1 fire button quite working during game play. I will have to check this out in Mame104 as well.

OK, let me know.