Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade auctions  (Read 154752 times)

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re: Arcade auctions
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2007, 12:14:27 pm »

How old are the kids?  Gotta indoctrinate them into the hobby.  Now may be good.   :)

More Cowbell

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2017, 02:33:49 pm
  • That's just dumb!
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2007, 02:44:43 pm »

How old are the kids?  Gotta indoctrinate them into the hobby.  Now may be good.   :)

11 and 8. The 8 year old is really into the hobby and loves to help in any way possible. A nice restore project would be right up his alley for us to work on together.
I've got a fever...

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2007, 09:20:54 am »

Bring them, man!  Bring them!

gibbous

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2013, 12:43:17 pm
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2007, 09:26:33 am »
My two year old almost convinced me to take home a kiddie helicopter ride and a Sega 18-Wheeler game last auction.  I have enough trouble talking *myself* out of taking home more games than I really should....

More Cowbell

• Offline Offline
  • That's just dumb!
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2007, 12:01:51 pm »
My two year old almost convinced me to take home a kiddie helicopter ride and a Sega 18-Wheeler game last auction.  I have enough trouble talking *myself* out of taking home more games than I really should....

That would be my issue with the kids. They would want every one of the cabs, the weirder the better. And they would probably talk me into a lot of them too. Wife would =  :badmood:
I've got a fever...

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2007, 12:05:38 pm »
That would be my issue with the kids. They would want every one of the cabs, the weirder the better.

It's a good lesson in picking and choosing which to buy and which to leave.  It's not an easy lesson but there are worse ways to learn that.

More Cowbell

• Offline Offline
  • That's just dumb!
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2007, 12:25:55 pm »
That would be my issue with the kids. They would want every one of the cabs, the weirder the better.

It's a good lesson in picking and choosing which to buy and which to leave.  It's not an easy lesson but there are worse ways to learn that.

True. I'm looking forward to one day learning that lesson.  ;D
I've got a fever...

Angry_Radish

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2020, 06:36:17 pm
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2007, 01:46:48 pm »
Bah, once again I can't make it to the auction.
I work on the weekends for the owner of an antique shop downtow for some under the table cash, and with all the rain we had this week, they developed a roof leak.
Looks like while you folks are at the auction, I'll be moving furniture and wet rugs around  :angry:
Drink a beer for me!  :cheers:

Angry_Radish

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2007, 08:55:39 pm »
OK, now that I officially missed it, how was it?

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2007, 11:11:09 pm »
OK, now that I officially missed it, how was it?

SWEET!  Cowbell won a Pink slot machine and lost out on a Star Wars pinball because his wife took her top off and he wouldn't join in to seal the deal (I'm kinda thankful for that, btw)....

Nah, bunches more stuff than normal, but not nearly the amount of pinball machines, FAR less jukes than normal (about half), but they had some scratch-off ticket redemption machines....lessee what I can remember:

First off, Rob was calling for as long as we were there (we both left somewhere in the 3:00 range, IIRC).  They were going to easily go until 7, and prolly didn't get out of there until 8 or later.

Slot machines - I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-50, every last one of them looked to be in decent shape.  They auctioned them off fairly weird.

Stand-up cabs - 4 complete end-to-end rows, one additional partial row.  The first row went for seemingly standard prices, the second row seemed to be dropping to somewhere around a third to half less than the first row.  Those 2 rows took from around 11:00 to 1:45-2:00, then they moved to the pinballs.

I'd say there were about 20 pinballs.  Prices seemed to be in the $1500-2000 range, although we both had to leave after the first 5-6 were auctioned off, so I don't know what the rest went for.

A metric crapload of driving games.  MANY many 2-4 player setups - a complete row of them.  We couldn't even stick around to see close to what those went for.

Dart machines - about 6-8 of 'em, there was only one dog of the bunch, but the rest all seemed to have been shopped - spiders replaced, scoring sections were C-L-E-A-N, everything seemed to be in good working order.  If I had to guess, I'd bet they went for $350+ and could have easily went for close to $500 based on past auctions.

There were 8 cocktails, IIRC, but they ALL seemed to have been treated like a red-headed stepchild in one area or another.  I didn't see many (any?) of them plugged in, but mebbe Cowbell did.

All in all, I TOTALLY wish I had more time today due to the huge increase in the number of stand-ups they had, and they had a Jungle King that I REALLY wanted to see what it sold for (or take home with me), but twas not to be.

Oh, and I dunno if you've seen 'em around Radish, but I don't recall EVER seeing a Simpson's Bowling there, but they had TWO there, which stuck out to me and is why I can remember 'em.  One sold for $375, the other for $425.  If I had any spare cash lying around, I may have taken a stab at one of 'em for that price.

They had a lot of machines they simply passed on since they weren't getting a decent starting bid.  I hadn't ever seen that before with Fred, so I dunno if there was a reserve not met, or if they knew the price they were looking to start at was ridiculously low and they were gonna run 'em off later, or what, but I personally witnessed 4 cabs they passed on.

Prices....meh, you're gonna have to check the newsgroups.  I was enjoying hanging out with Cowbell and his wife, and I was only keeping a vague tally on prices as they went on.  I know he got a Pole Position for $150 with an effed up monitor that a few fuses and a sledgehammer to the neck seemed to perk right up, and the other one he was looking at a few machines away went for $200.  Slot machines - 2-3 people started off at $250, and Rob gave them their choice of machine, then added a 2-for-1 deal after he had those bidders identified (and didn't open that deal up to anyone else.  The next round was $125 for your choice, and a bunch more folks jumped on 'em, including Cowbell - I think if he had waited one more round, his machine probably wouldn't have been available (it seemed to be in excellent shape and was a nice looking one also).  IIRC, they did one last round of $100 for choice of what was left, then auctioned off the rest in the order they were left.  No slot machine sold for less than $50 (and there were only 3-4 at that price), MANY (prolly 8-12) sold for $62.50, but IMO, those were a hit-or-miss proposition, another 4-5 sold for $75, and anything else sold for $100.  I've NEVER seen them run off the slot machines like this before, and I think they did it this way because of the sheer number of Stand-up cabs they had. 

All in all, nice day to be at the auction.
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

Angry_Radish

• Offline Offline
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2007, 09:15:23 am »
Thanks for the update, well I guess it's just as well I missed it, the wife would have killed me for coming home with another 3 or more cabinets  :)
Were the slot machines actual slots, or the Pachislo skill stop machines?
Cheers!
 :cheers:

More Cowbell

• Offline Offline
  • That's just dumb!
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2007, 10:29:45 am »
Yeah, we missed you Radish. I had a great time at my first auction and it was a huge help to have Drew walk me through the way things work. And just for the record, the slot machine we bought was not pink, it had skulls and manly stuff on it. I merely pointed out the pink one as being cute and sexy.  ;)
The wife was all about the Pole Position and being the restoration genius I am ( :laugh2:) I figured I'd take a chance on one that wasn't working properly. Once I got it home I got it working in exactly the way Drew said. Try that sledgehammer to the neck trick, works at least 0% of the time.
We really wanted that Star Wars Episode I pin and the wifey was willing to do just about anything for it. No flashing, but she was trying hard for the $100 or $200 discount they were throwing around. If she did flash we would have had a free pin!  :cheers:
If I had more room in my van (which is usually parked down by the river) I would have wanted many more of the arcade cabs that went in the $100 or less range.
I also got something that not many other people have seen, a picture of Drew.  :dizzy:
I've got a fever...

More Cowbell

• Offline Offline
  • That's just dumb!
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2007, 11:35:12 am »
By the way, the slots were those skill stop versions. The kids are having a fantastic time with it.
I've got a fever...

Angry_Radish

• Offline Offline
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2007, 04:38:25 pm »
Nice!
If you haven't heard of it yet, check out http://www.pachitalk.com , the best resource for pachislo and pachinko info, they are pretty addicting to collect, takes up much less room than an arcade cab:-)
Cheers!  :cheers:

BTW, for those that don't visit there, there is a thread on the milw auction on the KLOV forums.. http://forums.webmagic.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB3&Number=436026&page=0&fpart=all

Malacus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2010, 12:42:16 am
  • DANCE!
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2007, 12:19:03 am »
i don't think I saw anything about this listed for the upcoming Ohio Gas show

heres the info:
http://www.ohiogas.info/

i think i read somewhere (man! i sure cant remember where...) that USAA is going to have... 150 machines there?

edit: saw it on eBay, coincidently listed from the guy I bought my empty centipede cabinet from!

from the cached eBay listing (was taken down, i assume because someone thought they were bidding on machines...)

"SUPER AUCTIONS WILL BE HOLDING AN AUCTION ON SATURDAY AT 10AM WITH 150 ARCADE GAMES!!!

THATS RIGHT, 150 ARCADE GAMES AT AUCTION ON SATURDAY MAY 5TH."

Google cached listing here:
Clicky

-mal
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 12:23:09 am by Malacus »
~Classic Gaming Since 1983~

rovingmind

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2023, 11:13:48 pm
  • If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side
    • rovingmind
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2007, 03:03:51 pm »
 :hissy:

Its near me and i cant go
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

31spoonerstreet

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2015, 07:38:48 pm
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2007, 11:40:38 pm »
Went to the Indy auction today.  Had about 45 cabs 1 cocktail and about 15-20 pins. 

Was only there till they sold half the games.  Defender went for around 700 as did a MAME machine.  The MAME really suprised me, was running Win98 with no real interface and was SLOW on some of the games. The cab was in good shape but a basic 2 stick 6 button setup.

vintagegamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2014, 07:41:40 am
  • Seasoned Arcade Survivor.
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2007, 01:19:39 pm »
A coworker just got a Defender machine for FREE.  It powers up and screen lights but the game doesn't load up.  I'm trying to persuade him it's not worth the money to fix so I can go pick it up  :D

Angry_Radish

• Offline Offline
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2007, 08:02:49 am »
OK, here we go again, Milwaukee auction this sat. Who's going?
I'll be there with a couple friends, trying to convince them to buy stuff so I can live vicariously through them  ;D (in the middle of homebuying here)

_) (V) (-)

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2018, 11:56:39 am
  • There's supposed to be an earth shattering KaBoom!
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2007, 07:47:36 pm »
Dang missed it again  :hissy:
Why can't I be free on auction weekends?
Need a better planning strategy.

pefdude

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2012, 02:02:00 pm
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2007, 01:24:05 pm »
Another useful link for auction prices here in the NE for USAmusement Auctions.

http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/auction/index.html

He did not put up the results for the Cherry Hill, NJ auction from last Saturday, but I'm sure he will soon.

I think this would be one of the closest auctions to the original poster for Boston area. There is going to be another in Dec. They are not sure of the date or location yet. It will either be again in Cherry Hill, NJ or North NJ in Woodbridge.

jacenwon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2015, 04:46:17 pm
  • Professional Creative & Designer
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2007, 03:06:17 pm »
i recently found out about the auctions, and since been hooked. the girlyfriend is gettin' sorta frustrated... and rightfully so - i have 6 arcades in a 2 bedroom apartment. and uh, one is a pole position cockpit lol

gotta luv the auctions tho :)
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
• 2014 MAME cabinet build: http://tinyurl.com/jaces-mamecab-2014
• 2008 MAME Neo29 build: http://tinyurl.com/jaces-neo29-2008
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

WareWolF

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2023, 02:42:16 pm
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2007, 01:17:46 am »
Auction in SC on Sat 12/15

http://www.caauctioneers.org/auction_detail.php?ID=375061

Auction in NY on Sun 12/16

SELLING 350 ARCADE GAMES AT PUBLIC AUCTION ON SUNDAY DEC 16 @ 12PM THIS IS A
20,000SQ FT WAREHOUSE LOADED WITH VIDEO GAMES, PINBALLS, JUKEBOXES, AIR
HOCKEYS, POOL TABLES,SITDOWN DRIVING GAMES..SIMULATORS..VENDING
MACHINES..SHUFFLE ALLEYS...REDEMPTION MACHINES.TOUCH SCREEN
MACHINES....PARTS...KIDDY RIDES...CRANE GAMES...NOVELTY MACHINES...YOU NAME
IT...ITS THERE...THERE ARE 45 PINBALL MACHINES........FROM ELECTRO
MECHANICAL GAMES FROM THE 1960'S & 1970'S...TO CURRENT GAMES FROM THE 1990'S
& TO BRAND NEW GAMES IN THE BOX...THIS IS A RARE FIND! THIS IS A PUBLIC
AUCTION..INSPECTION STARTS AT 11AM SUNDAY...ALL GAMES WILL BE PLUGGED IN
PRIOR TO BEING SOLD. THERE IS A 15% BUYERS PREMIUM...WE ACCEPT CASH & CREDIT
CARDS ,LOCATION ADDRESS IS:570 BROOK STREET GARDEN CITY NY 11539..CALL FOR
INFO ( 718) 791-7766 OR CALL THE LOCATION ( 516) 292- 2670

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2007, 03:35:02 pm »
Anyone have numbers from that NY auction?

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2008, 11:52:01 pm »
Anyone know if there is going to be a video game auction at the Iowa State Fairgrounds this spring?  They usually have one or two in the spring but I have not been able to find out any information.

padstack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 12:54:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2008, 08:14:28 pm »
Went to the Akron Pinball/Videogame/Gameroom show today.  The only decent deal I saw was an Op Thunderbolt CP complete w/ two working guns.  On top of that, if you weren't a big pin guy it was a waste of money.  Can you really call it a video game show if there are only 3 video games there (not counting the two mame machines this guy was trying to hock).  There were some nice Ms PacMan CP's (cocktail) for about $10 each.

I pretty much threw away my $12.  Oh well.  It was just going to a new copy of Rex Kwan Doe (on betamax) anyway...

*edit* I also got to check out some of the "Nice Carvings" offering @ the Gameroom Magazine booth.  Definitely everything that's advertised here and better.  Kudos.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 08:17:59 pm by padstack »

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2008, 09:08:47 am »
Anyone know if there is going to be a video game auction at the Iowa State Fairgrounds this spring?  They usually have one or two in the spring but I have not been able to find out any information.

In case anyone in the Des Moines area is interested the auction is April 19th and has moved to a new location.

http://www.geocities.com/gameboy97/desmoines.html

THE POKER BRAT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2015, 05:50:58 am
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2008, 12:11:49 am »
peale,..t
Anyone have numbers from that NY auction?
That show is NOTHING like what you are reading!,...steer clear of those guys!,..they are shady CON-MEN..that shill bid everything!...ive recognized the phone number and said "OH OH"..they are located in long island in farmingdale, and its is a total wate of time,..what they do is bring thier junk conversions and whatnot around to whatever other locations and set up shop. (THINK -TRAVELING GYPSIE/CARNIVAL) ...its all the same ---Crapola- from thier L.I. place and they say its another warehouse they have (---smurf-poop---).. not to be trusted!...thier gumbah buddies are just looking for suckers and first time buyers!...if they were to get the slightest hint that you dont know what youre doing,..they will mark you like a target and jack up your bids so you will be paying through the nose!,...theres about eight to 12 guys all working together. probably mobbed up. (at least they look the part).. if you go,...check out the action from a distance, and youll spot all the shillers,..then youll thank me later.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 12:16:07 am by THE POKER BRAT »
WANT LIST: , asteroids mini, crazy climber mini, tron mini, goldball PINBALL,.

kayoteq

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2022, 02:15:51 pm
    • Webmonkees arcade bin
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2008, 09:45:28 pm »
August-December 2008 upcoming auctions:

August 2008
2    SUPER AUCTIONS St. Louis, MO Rob Storment (714) 535-7000
9    AUCTION GAME SALES Winston Salem, NC Rick Parsons (800) 551-0660
14-17    PAPA PINBALL TOURNAMENT Pittsburgh, PA Kevin Martin (412) 496-2104
16    SUPER AUCTIONS Dallas, TX Rob Storment (714) 535-7000

September 2008
5    AUCTION GAME SALES Arlington, TX Rick Parsons (800) 551-0660
6    SUPER AUCTIONS Costa Mesa, CA Rob Storment (714) 535-7000
*6    AUCTION GAME SALES Kingsport, TN Rick Parsons (800) 551-0660
19-20    HEARTLAND PINBALL AND ARCADE SUPERSHOW Herrin Civic Center, Herrin, IL Rob Craig (618) 751-8458
19-21    HERSHEY GAMEROOM EXPO Hershey, PA Joe Wager (888) Hi-Diver
20    SUPER AUCTIONS Major Family Entertainment Center (see site) Rob Storment (714) 535-7000
27    SUPER AUCTIONS Milwaukee, WI Rob Storment (714) 535-7000

October 2008
1-5    PINBALL EXPO Wheeling, IL Mike Pacak (330) 518-3141
3    SUPER AUCTIONS Chicago, IL Rob Storment (714) 535-7000
3-5    ILLINOIS PINBALL SHOW Bloomington, IL Gene Cunningham (309) 825-5844
3-5    PACIFIC PINBALL EXPO San Raphael, CA
10-12    SUPER AUCTIONS Las Vegas, IL (AMOA Exhibit Only) Rob Storment (714) 535-7000
10-11    WHITE ROSE GAMEROOM SHOW York, PA Marlin Barshinger (717) 792-9808
18    AUCTION GAME SALES Winston Salem, NC Rick Parsons (800) 551-0660j
18    SUPER AUCTIONS Detroit, MI Rob Storment (714) 535-7000
25    AUCTION GAME SALES Baltimore (Timonium), MD Rick Parsons (800) 551-0660

November 2008
1    SUPER AUCTIONS Orlando, FL Rob Storment (714) 535-7000
*8    AUCTION GAME SALES Kingsport, TN Rick Parsons (800) 551-0660
15-16    CHICAGOLAND ADVERTISING, SLOT, & JUKEBOX SHOW St. Charles, IL Kevin Greco (815) 353-1593
18-21    SUPER AUCTIONS Orlando, FL (IAAPA Exhibit Only) Rob Storment (714) 535-7000
22    SUPER AUCTIONS St. Louis, MO Rob Storment (714) 535-7000
29    SUPER AUCTIONS Atlanta, GA Rob Storment (714) 535-7000

December 2008
6    SUPER AUCTIONS Knoxville, TN Rob Storment (714) 535-7000
13    AUCTION GAME SALES Winston Salem, NC Rick Parsons (800) 551-0660
13    SUPER AUCTIONS Dallas, TX Rob Storment (714) 535-7000
20    SUPER AUCTIONS Sacramento, CA Rob Storment (714) 535-7000

*Note: I live in the general Kingsport area, so I will be going, buying or not, depending on my financials and what's available.
I'm doing better, I made it through the last one with no successful bids. A sign of recovery, perhaps. Doubt it.

With the lead time now available,  Will take requests, do a pre-auction tour, and will bid for you if there are backup funds available quickly (like paypal or something) They have a 10% fee, $10 minimum. Sometimes you can end up with some 'nobody wants this' bargains, like my converted Asteroids Deluxe (sorry about that) and merit-trivia converted cocktail Galaxian (real sorry about that) that both had working monitors for $20 apiece, including fees..

I've spent less obtaining starters.. just make sure the ops are okay with you picking up their trash..  ;D
If you order a pizza, put 1 quarter in their Galaga and the pizza's done before you are, you might be a video game junkie.. if you offer to tweak the crt , definitely.

channelmaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2019, 12:36:18 am
    • Arcadecomponents.com
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2008, 10:42:28 am »
At the August Superauctions.com aucion in Mesquite (Dallas), TX they said there was an outside chance of having another auction in October. Keep an eye on their website just in case. They were going to "play it by ear"

RJ
Call me a cheap bastard... I learned to fix things to save money... even surface mount soldering...

Visit my website: http://www.arcadecomponents.com

My repair logs are kept at: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=19.0

Necro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2022, 08:22:22 pm
  • Building a 'Classic' MAME Cab
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2008, 11:39:47 pm »
Looking to potentially get a few people together for a trip to the auction in Baltimore (http://www.auctiongamesales.com/BALTIMORE,%20MD.htm) on October 25th.  Hoping to either just provide some help to each other getting things into each others trucks, or even helping each other haul stuff home.

Could arrange based on 'regions' so people could work together getting stuff home if interested.  I'm in Rockville.  Just hit me with a PM if anyone's up for it.

SithMaster

• Lets see how happy you are when you need to use a lawn mower and it keeps turning off when you want to cut up zombies.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2014, 03:52:59 pm
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2008, 09:21:00 pm »
Apparently there was one in New Jersey last sunday that I missed out on.  Anybody go to the one in Freehold?  If so were there are cocktail cabs?
Back in MY day we lived on the moon and we had to build a rocket ship from scratch to get to the Earth before we suffocated.

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2008, 11:15:47 am »
Someone has been advertising an auction in NYC area on Craigslist. 

SELLING 500 ARCADE GAMES..INCLUDING VIDEO GAMES..PINBALLS..JUKEBOXES..POOLTABLES..BULK VENDING MACHINES...ALL SOLD ON OCT 11TH AT 12 NOON IN NYC...ITS A PUBLIC AUCTION...ALSO SELLING 3 CONCESSION CARTS & COMPLETE SNACK BAR...ALSO SELLING DULLIE PICK UP TRUCK...BOX TRUCK & 3 CARS..CALL(718) 791-7766 FOR INFO 9/27/2008 3:38 PM

Nemss316

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2010, 10:30:00 am
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2008, 01:57:21 pm »
I am planning to attend the one in St. Louis. Its actually located in Belleville, IL. It is literally 5 mins away from me. My buddy nailed a SF2 champion edition for $75. I'm looking for an older cabinet to MAME, but want one w/ a larger control panel.

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2008, 07:09:33 pm »
Anybody go the auction in Wheeling on Friday.  I planned on going to it I even requested the day off, but because of an impossible deadline I had to work and then got stuck working late.

How was it?  What did you get and for how much?

CrazyKongFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2017, 01:22:29 pm
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2008, 04:58:44 am »
I went, alot of the video games were in rough shape. 2 Pac-man's, one had a wanky joystick and wierd sound, the other was in a Ms Pac cabaret, and the screen was offsize (you couldn't read the score). A Mr Do that kept resetting, a Turbo that worked part of the time (went for 5 bucks, as did a working sitdown one!), 3 Multicades that went for about 700-900 each, a 1941 that had sideways rolling video, a mini Mr Do that had screwed up video and a mini Time Pilot with the side laminate peeling off. Some pinballs, most of the newer ones went betwenn 1000-2500, depending on how recent and their condition. I didn't buy anything, as I'm not in the market (there weren't any Tron's there ;D )

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2008, 02:00:48 pm »
Thanks, A buddy of mine went.  We planned on going together.  He wasn't in the market for a game but if they were cheap he'd pick something up.  He said there was a decent Road Blasters, but there were a lot of people from the pinball expo that probably wouldn't be at an auction.  He stayed for the first few items and said people were way over bidding, he didn't want to wait around for hours on a Friday night just to see the game he wanted go for twice what it was really worth.

I was hoping for an Area 51 or some other shooting game.  He said there were a couple, but they were pretty beat up.

Flake

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 04, 2023, 03:02:46 pm
  • I am Evil Homer....I am Evil Homer....
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2008, 01:37:19 pm »
I am planning to attend the one in St. Louis. Its actually located in Belleville, IL. It is literally 5 mins away from me. My buddy nailed a SF2 champion edition for $75. I'm looking for an older cabinet to MAME, but want one w/ a larger control panel.

I'll be there as well - I live about 10 minutes away in Fairview Heights, IL.  I hope they have better stuff than they had at the last one, although the showcase cabinets were going pretty cheap.  I'm not really looking for anything in particular other than maybe a Megatouch but if something goes cheap I might pounce on it (depending on the game of course).

Flake

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 04, 2023, 03:02:46 pm
  • I am Evil Homer....I am Evil Homer....
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2008, 04:32:25 pm »

So did you manage to pick anything up?  There were some pretty good deals to be had I think.  I picked up a itouch5 countertop for $230.  There were some good deals to be had on pinball machines imo.  I was wondering if you went, how much the driving cabs went for?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:34:07 pm by Flake »

Nemss316

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2010, 10:30:00 am
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2008, 05:48:11 pm »
I ended up not being able to make it up to the auction. I haven't heard anything from it either, which could be a good thing, or a bad thing!