Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Taito standard cab dimensions  (Read 7927 times)

jcroach

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2012, 09:36:56 am
  • I'm a llama!
Taito standard cab dimensions
« on: February 15, 2006, 08:38:41 am »
Anybody know where I can find the dimensions of a standard Taito Cabinet like for Elevator Action, Zoo Keeper or Qix?  Has anyone out there built a cabinet from scratch using the Taito style as inspiration?

spriggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2024, 09:45:27 pm
Re: Taito standard cab dimensions
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 11:19:09 pm »
Anybody know where I can find the dimensions of a standard Taito Cabinet like for Elevator Action, Zoo Keeper or Qix?  Has anyone out there built a cabinet from scratch using the Taito style as inspiration?

I have an old Taito replica project that has scattered documentation on the forum... it has been on hold for almost 2 years due to certain reasons out of my control  >:(.

Am PMing you with what I know.
"Once a Knight, always a Knight.   Twice a night.. and your doing alright!!" ::)

MYX

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2020, 05:00:22 pm
  • Even Jesus loves Donkey Kong!
    • MYX Digital Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 09:00:13 am »
I have based most of the cab I am making off of a QIX (Taito) Cab. I have altered the design some (The great thing about building your own. A lot of the measurment decisions have been made as I have been building it. I needed to see how some things would actually sit in real space.

LINK

I made it a little deeper as my Taito cab is a little cramped and that was made by pros. I am not a pro and figgured I could use a little wiggle room if I need it. I also made it 25 in wide (Bezel & CP Measurement) vs. 23 in wide. This was more or less to balence out the look of the size of the CP when it is built. To fit 2 player controls, 7 buttons each + track ball in the center the CP will be like 32 inches.

i just went and measured my cab (TAITO not the one I am building). I will try to draw something when I get to work.
M    Y    X

BLACKOUT  - Finally rewritten - http://blog.myxdigital.com/
Original BLACKOUT thread - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=48239.0

jcroach

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 09:23:40 am »
Thanks for the link!  You're cabinet is looking great.  Yeah, I figured I'd have to make it wider than the real cabinets to accommodate 2 players and a trackball, but I'm really just using this style as inspiration more than anything else.  Anything you could send me would be great.  I'll be following the progress of your cabinet!

I have based most of the cab I am making off of a QIX (Taito) Cab. I have altered the design some (The great thing about building your own. A lot of the measurment decisions have been made as I have been building it. I needed to see how some things would actually sit in real space.

LINK

I made it a little deeper as my Taito cab is a little cramped and that was made by pros. I am not a pro and figgured I could use a little wiggle room if I need it. I also made it 25 in wide (Bezel & CP Measurement) vs. 23 in wide. This was more or less to balence out the look of the size of the CP when it is built. To fit 2 player controls, 7 buttons each + track ball in the center the CP will be like 32 inches.

i just went and measured my cab (TAITO not the one I am building). I will try to draw something when I get to work.

MYX

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2020, 05:00:22 pm
  • Even Jesus loves Donkey Kong!
    • MYX Digital Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 01:29:24 pm »
Ok here ya go. I realized after getting here that I missed the height of where the bexel and speaker board meet. I will get that when I get home. This will have to do for now. After seeing how long it has taken to get this far, I am not too worried about you getting to this point this afternoon. Hope this helps.  ;D
M    Y    X

BLACKOUT  - Finally rewritten - http://blog.myxdigital.com/
Original BLACKOUT thread - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=48239.0

jcroach

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 03:55:47 pm »
That's exactly the type of info I'm looking for.  Thanks for your help!

Ok here ya go. I realized after getting here that I missed the height of where the bexel and speaker board meet. I will get that when I get home. This will have to do for now. After seeing how long it has taken to get this far, I am not too worried about you getting to this point this afternoon. Hope this helps.  ;D