Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A few requests  (Read 4990 times)

lordsnipe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2014, 11:49:06 pm
A few requests
« on: February 06, 2006, 04:28:22 am »
Hey Salmon King,

Love your work! Got a couple of nice to haves:

I'm using a LCD screen and will be running 1024x768. There is quite a bit of real-estate used for the song information.

I was wondering if it were possible to have extra visualizations instead of having so much empty room?

I'd love to display both the spectrum and album cover.

Also, would it be possible to connect up to an internet radio station using shoutcast or something similar? I'd love to listen to smoothjazz.com on my jukebox, although I know it's then not a jukebox per se. Maybe have an album as a radio station or something, and it won't stop playing until next is selected or clear.

Lastly, with the tracklist, if genres are used, the track numbers aren't really useful. Can artist - title be displayed here instead? I know then you would not be able to fit as many tracks in the space but it makes more sense when using genres.

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 04:34:32 am by lordsnipe »

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
Re: A few requests
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 03:13:22 am »
Hey Salmon King,

Love your work! Got a couple of nice to haves:

I'm using a LCD screen and will be running 1024x768. There is quite a bit of real-estate used for the song information.

I was wondering if it were possible to have extra visualizations instead of having so much empty room?

I'd love to display both the spectrum and album cover.

The only problem here is that I am currently working on a touch screen keypad that it taking up that space!  When I've finished that, I'll look at what other options I can present.

Also, would it be possible to connect up to an internet radio station using shoutcast or something similar? I'd love to listen to smoothjazz.com on my jukebox, although I know it's then not a jukebox per se. Maybe have an album as a radio station or something, and it won't stop playing until next is selected or clear.

Sorry, but I don't see this happening.

Lastly, with the tracklist, if genres are used, the track numbers aren't really useful. Can artist - title be displayed here instead? I know then you would not be able to fit as many tracks in the space but it makes more sense when using genres.

You do have the option to show just the track names in that list (only shows 5 from memory), not sure there'd be room to add artist in there as well.....

Cheers,

SK.

JLR2000

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2021, 02:49:16 pm
  • There is NO Sanctuary...
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 03:06:36 pm »
SK - I'd like to second the request for two items in current song display.  I don't have a touchscreen, maybe the touchscreen keypad could be an "option" only for touchscreen users.  Having both Album Art and VUMeter display would be awesome.

Thanks again for all your efforts....and sorry about my other post...I need to learn to read all the other posts before I start one...

THANKS.

lordsnipe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2014, 11:49:06 pm
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 08:16:46 am »
You do have the option to show just the track names in that list (only shows 5 from memory), not sure there'd be room to add artist in there as well.....

I just found it! Cheers!

clanggedin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2012, 11:08:55 pm
  • O'DOYLE RULES!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 12:03:54 pm »
I have an 18" touchscreen LCD running at 1024 x 768 and if you increase the font sizze of the songs then it fills up that space nicely and elimiates the error of people selecting the wrong song.