Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WinCab  (Read 4354 times)

scottie4442

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2009, 09:36:43 am
  • Doing the Arcade Thing under Linux
    • Scottie's Place
WinCab
« on: February 04, 2006, 03:44:34 pm »
Ok, got WinCab running on Win98se.  Everything is running except for one BIG issue, when I try to run a song in WinCab then it shutsdown. WinCab sets up the database fine and lists them in the screens no problem, just won't play songs.  Any ideas. Help Chris, you have written great software, just the system I am using is driving me crazy.  Thanks for the help and software.

Scott Adams

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: WinCab
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 05:41:04 pm »
Hmm... does it shut down immediately when the song ends or when it tries to start the next one?  Does it only happen with a particular song?

Haven't seen this one before...

--Chros
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

scottie4442

• Offline Offline
    • Scottie's Place
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 06:01:41 pm »
When I enter the number for the album and song, it acts like it is loading it and then just shuts down.  Not sure if it is my motherboard, which would not suprise me, or something that is causing problems with WinCab.  Win98se it self seems to be able to play sound, not checked win media player, and WinCab seems to do everything fine except actually playing songs, could it be the allegro libraries that I am using, I downloaded the latest version.  This is driving me crazy, every time I think I have this jukebox working something else screws up.  Is DirectX an issue with WinCab, how about another update for something else, I did a straight WIn98se install with no updates what so ever?

Scott Adams

scottie4442

• Offline Offline
    • Scottie's Place
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 05:49:24 pm »
Just noticed in another thread that you told someone to set debug level=5, to create a debug log file, I am going to try this and let you know how it goes, see if this tells me anything about my issue.

scottie4442

• Offline Offline
    • Scottie's Place
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 05:50:01 pm »
Ok, set the debug level to 5.  I looked through the log file and the last lines show that it is trying to load up the song that I selected, the last line says something like:

selecting sfx_(something here) message 107.

Does this help with the troubleshooting.  Also does WinCab use Media Player at all, I did not upgrade to the newest version, I think it is running 6.3 or soomething like that.  If it will help I will mail you the log file, just let me know.

Scott Adams

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 06:38:21 pm »
Go ahead and mail me the log file.  No, WinCab does not use any Windows Media Player components.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com