Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Why not to order t-molding from happs  (Read 3119 times)

Mike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2005, 01:22:14 pm
  • Umm, yea about the TPS report
Why not to order t-molding from happs
« on: February 12, 2003, 08:31:35 am »
Got my order from happs yesterday and I ordered a bunch of t-molding to make my $25 minimum. Anyways they sent the t-molding in small individual peices not the one long peice i expected when I ordered. What the hell am I suppose to do with these little peices of t-molding, i have no idea. I only ordered from them because I wanted to quickly get a mounting plate for my trackball. Never again will they get my business.

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
Re:Why not to order t-molding from happs
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 10:46:26 am »
Got my order from happs yesterday and I ordered a bunch of t-molding to make my $25 minimum. Anyways they sent the t-molding in small individual peices not the one long peice i expected when I ordered. What the hell am I suppose to do with these little peices of t-molding, i have no idea. I only ordered from them because I wanted to quickly get a mounting plate for my trackball. Never again will they get my business.

that's super crappy... you should call them and have them send one long piece...
Musta had "slow joe" doing order fullfillment at happs that day... I'd call, they should take care of it.

BTW you can order parts from the real bob roberts without a 25 dollar minimum... and he's usually cheaper than happs.  Also you can get t-molding from t-molding.com (i believe that's the url anyways --- too lazy today to look it up/confirm) and i'm sure *they* wouldn't chop up your order like that...

FWIW when i bought t-molding from happs it came in one length/complete.

*shrug*

rampy

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 11:00:31 am »
Mike, thanks for posting this, as I was considering ordering t-molding from Happs as well (combined with the sale on their p360 joysticks).  I figured why not order from happs since their price is the same as t-molding.com.  Damn would I have been pissed (as I'm sure you are).

I'd really be interested in hearing what happs has to say about this.  Is it their policy to cut the t-molding into 1 foot parts (since thats what you order by)?  At t-molding.com the minimum order to 20 ft spool...there is no minimum at happs.  So maybe its easier to order a 20ft spool from happs??

romid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2008, 02:33:12 pm
  • MAME rox your socks!
    • Temp MAME pics
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 01:24:02 pm »
BTW you can order parts from the real bob roberts without a 25 dollar minimum... and he's usually cheaper than happs.

URL? phone number? e-mail? who is this guy?

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 01:35:45 pm »
BTW you can order parts from the real bob roberts without a 25 dollar minimum... and he's usually cheaper than happs.

http://www.dameon.net/BBBB/parts.html he's one of the more respected sellers in the coin op/arcade parts business... overall a nice guy.  If you don't see something on his site that you are looking for, drop him a line (he may just have it).

I was recommending him for the trackball plate and other odds and ends, but he probably has t-modling too...

good luck,

rampy

Mike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2005, 01:22:14 pm
  • Umm, yea about the TPS report
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2003, 03:57:19 pm »
yeah i considered ordering from bob roberts but i was impatient and didn't want to wait for a check to be mailed in and to clear.

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2003, 05:57:43 pm »
How much t-molding does a stand up cabinet need?
I know it depends on the cabinet, but we're (more or less) all building off the same template, so Is 20 feet enough?  

Thanks

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!

OSCAR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2018, 11:31:53 pm
  • I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem...
    • Oscar Controls
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2003, 06:47:41 pm »
How much t-molding does a stand up cabinet need?
I know it depends on the cabinet, but we're (more or less) all building off the same template, so Is 20 feet enough?  

Thanks

I doubt it, unless you may be building a mini or are only going to do the front edges.  Figure 20' would only be good for four 5' pieces (both cab sides, front & back), and that would be a pretty short cab & doesn't leave you any to over the top or around the control panel (if that is in your plans).

I've never had a bad experience with www.t-molding.com and they ship very quick.  You have to order in multiples of 20', IIRC, and that is normally how you get it.  I ordered sixty feet once, and I got 3 spools of 20'.  Another time I ordered 40', which of course came in two rolls of 20'.  I've never  had a problem with that, though.

It's a shame what you received from Happ, Mike.  A bunch of little pieces is totally useless.  Definitely call them, the should make it right for you.

Silverwind

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2022, 12:49:09 am
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2003, 10:22:10 am »

Check out this thread from not too long ago..
http://www.arcadecontrols.org/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=4065;start=0

I was asking how reputable/etc. Bob Roberts was... didn't get one single complaint.. i've ordered twice from him now.. very fast, good prices, good service...

mailed him a check on SAT, got my stuff THURSDAY

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2003, 12:24:01 pm »
Ok people, we are getting off topic.  Bob Roberts doesn't sell t-molding nor p360s.  Did anyone call Happs to see why they did this stupid thing with the t-molding?

Auntie MAME

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2007, 09:18:00 pm
  • badges, we don't need no stinkin' badges!
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2003, 10:28:56 pm »
I just got 20ft from Happ all in one piece.  

Frostillicus

• Arcade Artist
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 07:36:29 am
    • My MAME cabinet site
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2003, 10:48:56 pm »

was it all the same kind of t-molding or were they samples or something? I can see a company like happs confusing you with a business needing sales samples....  I went with t-molding.com.  Ordered twice, and one order they sent the wrong texture(ugly 'leather' t-molding) but the right length.  I called and they sent the correct order free of charge - even got to keep the ugly molding.   I recommend them.