Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ms Pacman Coin Door Lights  (Read 5719 times)

peeklay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2013, 02:09:58 am
  • My new hobby to eat up all my time
Ms Pacman Coin Door Lights
« on: January 30, 2006, 06:54:36 pm »
Hi everyone -

This is my first post, but I have been reading this site for some time and the help here is insane! I usually find what I am looking for right away, but this time I have tried several searches of varying verbage and cannot find what I am looking for.

I recently inherited a Ms Pac-Man (original cab, art, CP, monitor,etc.) and when I first got it, the coin door lights (25 cent) worked (well one did), but recently neither light/led turns on with the cabinet.

I bought some #194 bulbs to replace them (these work great in my MAME cab), but still a no go. Is there a fuse I could have blown out or a wire I am missing? I did not mess with any of the CP/Coin Door wiring, but maybe it was loose when I got it and now does not work?

I have the Ms. Pacman manual in PDF and read through it, but do not see my specific issue (although I am known to sometimes miss things). Can someone please let me know if they know how to get an original Ms Pac/Pac/Galaga (as they are supposed to be the same) coin door to light back up?

I almost wish I had a PC power supply so I could simply hack the 12v like my MAME...

Thanks for your help, this thing will be mostly restored if I get these lights working!

Thanks again
-peeklay

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
Re: Ms Pacman Coin Door Lights
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 07:57:52 pm »
Do you have a multimeter?  If not, get one.  Then measure the voltage on the wiring on the bulb socket.

peeklay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 11:38:01 pm »
Peale -

I don't but can get one. Can I get something cheap like this one http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103174  or should I get something more?

If this will work, then I will grab one tomorrow from Radio Shack and see what I get on the readouts.

Should I be looking for 12V?

-peeklay

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 12:12:47 am »
Ms. Pac coin door lights are lit by 12 volts AC from one of the power transformers in the back of the machine. You probably have a blown 2 amp slo-blo fuse or maybe even a cracked fuseholder clip. There are 2 banks of fuseholders in the machine: a bank of 4 fuses and a bank of 3 fuses. The one for the 12 volt lights is located in the 3 bank.

peeklay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 06:08:16 pm »
Thanks for the help. I went ahead and replaced tehe 2 2A fuses, but that was a no go. Maybe its on to the multimeter next.

The thing that interested me was that you had listed a bank of 3 adn a bank of 4. All I have is a Bank of 4 and a Bank of 2. I pulled the fuses out and looked at them and found that the Bank of 2 were the 2A fuses.

I looked at the fuse clips and although I am not exactly sure what a broken one woudl look like, I must say that they are stiff little guys when removing and inserting the fuses....not that they aren't broken.

I would have thought for sure it was a fuse issue since 1 was working when I first got the machine, but now I have two new bulbs and none working.

Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it.

Peale - does that multimeter above seem okay?

Thanks
-Brian

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 07:24:12 pm »
Peale - does that multimeter above seem okay?

It's fine.