Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Indpls Auction 1/21 & Price Questions  (Read 3060 times)

jfunk

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2018, 04:36:39 pm
  • BYOAC Wannabe
    • JFunk's Arcade
Indpls Auction 1/21 & Price Questions
« on: January 21, 2006, 02:56:18 pm »
Did anyone else go to the USAmusement auction here in Indy?  I just went for a little while, so was wondering if I actually "knew" anyone there  :)

A couple of questions..

Is a working Ms. Pac cocktail with a speedup chip, Pac Man control panels, and a wrinkled bezel really worth more than a really nice looking, working Defender cocktail?  ($600 vs $350...)

Did anyone see what the following games went for?

- Neo Geo 4-slot
- REALLY nice Tempest
- munged Xevious
- "lumberjack" game (looked like a "Tapper" almost..  Forget the name..)

Just curious..  The one I wish I would've bid on (had I had the money) BESIDES the Defender was the box of parts containing brand new 3" trackballs and 4 brand new happs heavy-duty analog sticks..  Went for $260..  *sigh*

Anyways, just curious if anyone else went..?

Thanx!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 12:28:00 pm by jfunk »

jfunk

• Offline Offline
  • BYOAC Wannabe
    • JFunk's Arcade
Re: Indianapolis Auction today...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 03:07:52 pm »
I took some pics, so I'm attaching the pic (poor) of the lumberjack-like game I'm talking about...  I didn't take any 'individual' game pics, so everything is dark and doesn't show much detail  :(

I didn't even get to stay at the auction until uprights started going..  Had too much to do.  Saw the parts, bartops, cocktails, and some vending machines sell, then had to go..

I hope to go back on 4/22..

Thanx!

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 04:59:22 pm »

It's called, appropriately enough, "Timber"

BUCKETHEAD

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2024, 07:31:52 pm
  • Don't hate the player .... Hate the Game
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 09:12:00 pm »
Sure it's not called BRAWNY ???

JackTucky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:00:58 pm
  • Soon I will post that I am a triathalete
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 09:46:36 pm »
I wanted to go, even had this in my outlook calendar reminding me for a month.

decided I didn't want to spend the cash this time.

4/22 might be my day.

jacktucky "any 4 player blitz's go?"
Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

jfunk

• Offline Offline
  • BYOAC Wannabe
    • JFunk's Arcade
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 12:26:52 pm »

jacktucky "any 4 player blitz's go?"

They had a 4-player blitz '99 cab.  Looked to be in good shape..  (See attached pic..  bad quality, but...)

Jason

jfunk

• Offline Offline
  • BYOAC Wannabe
    • JFunk's Arcade
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 12:29:28 pm »

It's called, appropriately enough, "Timber"

Thanx!  I looked it up and it actually _is_ a tapper cab with new 'lumberjack' artwork over the top of the bartender..  plus a different cp and pcb..  Wonder what it went for..

Wish I could've stayed longer..  Looking forward to the one in April..  Did anyone else go and get prices?

THANX!

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re: Indpls Auction 1/21 & Price Questions
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 12:39:01 pm »
Is a working Ms. Pac cocktail with a speedup chip, Pac Man control panels, and a wrinkled bezel really worth more than a really nice looking, working Defender cocktail?  ($600 vs $350...)Thanx!

Pretty much, yes.

Matthew Fisher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2018, 10:51:11 am
    • Matt's homepage
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 03:58:42 pm »
I went but didn't stay either.  Saw the Tempest, but already have one.   ;D  Also saw the box o' Happ parts.  Around a grand in parts for $260, not bad.  Coming soon to an ebay near you, I would guess (that's what I would have done).  There was also a Star Castle in pretty poor condiction, looked to be complete except for the marquee, though.  I guess I really only care about the vectors, and they never seem to have very many, at least not when I've gone.  My dream is to show up at one of these and be the only one there who knows what that weird Warrior machine in the last row is...

jfunk

• Offline Offline
  • BYOAC Wannabe
    • JFunk's Arcade
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 04:10:09 pm »
Is a working Ms. Pac cocktail with a speedup chip, Pac Man control panels, and a wrinkled bezel really worth more than a really nice looking, working Defender cocktail?  ($600 vs $350...)Thanx!

Pretty much, yes.

Crazy.   I would've thought the Defender would've been more just because it was a nicer machine (IMO) and a bit more rare..  I mean, I like Ms. Pac and all, but...  I just figured somebody's girlfriend was like "if I have to come to this thing, you're buying me something I want"...  :D

I went but didn't stay either.  Saw the Tempest, but already have one.   ;D  Also saw the box o' Happ parts.  Around a grand in parts for $260, not bad.  Coming soon to an ebay near you, I would guess (that's what I would have done).  There was also a Star Castle in pretty poor condiction, looked to be complete except for the marquee, though.  I guess I really only care about the vectors, and they never seem to have very many, at least not when I've gone.  My dream is to show up at one of these and be the only one there who knows what that weird Warrior machine in the last row is...

Yeah, I totally would've kept a couple of those analog sticks and ebay'd the rest.  *sigh*  And you have a Tempest eh..  well, I'm done talking to you, then..  Unless, of course, you live in the northeast section of Indy and will let me give it a try  :)

Did you see the Xevious "multi-game"..  Made me laugh/cringe..  Side-art was in good shape, though, and it looked like the rest could be salvaged..  Had I stayed, I was actually in the market (and still am) for either:

a) A good candidate for a Dreamcast cab (like a stripped neo-geo 4-slot or something)
b) A stripped classic cab (nintendo cab or cocktail for classic-only games)

Ah, well..  We're buying a new house, soon, anyways, and I don't need to be spending the money  :D

When I do finally have my fully finished basement, I'm going to build my last 2 multi-game systems (dreamcast and classic) and then start buying dedicated cabs..  To go with my Alien Syndrome...

Maybe in April...  Anyone else going to that one?

Thanx.

Jason

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 04:16:13 pm »
Crazy.   I would've thought the Defender would've been more just because it was a nicer machine (IMO) and a bit more rare..  I mean, I like Ms. Pac and all, but...  I just figured somebody's girlfriend was like "if I have to come to this thing, you're buying me something I want"...  :D

But that is not a strictly collector's auction, it is a vendor's auction for the most part.  Ms Pac Man still draws on location so it is still an expensive game in the resale market. 

jfunk

• Offline Offline
  • BYOAC Wannabe
    • JFunk's Arcade
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 04:26:03 pm »

But that is not a strictly collector's auction, it is a vendor's auction for the most part.  Ms Pac Man still draws on location so it is still an expensive game in the resale market. 

Ah, true.  I never think in terms of commercial use..  Makes more sense, now.

I was really hoping when they plugged 'em in that one of 'em wouldn't work  :)

Thanx.

Jason

Crowquill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2021, 05:02:15 pm
  • Scratch-built Guitar - Under Construction!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 08:25:44 pm »
I keep saying that I'm going to go to either the Indy or Columbus auctions, but never seem to find out about them in time to gather money and a truck. I'll probably end up going to the one in April since I now know about it in advance. I know where to look for the dates, I just don't think about it until it's too late. The one exception was the Cincinnati auction which got cancelled.
Brevity is not my strong suit.

JackTucky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:00:58 pm
  • Soon I will post that I am a triathalete
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 09:25:25 am »

They had a 4-player blitz '99 cab.  Looked to be in good shape..  (See attached pic..  bad quality, but...)

Jason

thats what i wanted   :(
Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.