Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WOW New LightGUN Info !!! Woot!!! :)  (Read 399718 times)

Jox43w

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2009, 05:55:28 am
Re: WOW New LightGUN Info !!! Woot!!! :)
« Reply #1880 on: June 14, 2008, 03:43:55 pm »
EMS TopGun Download Section

TopGun driver + panel v.1.0 beta 9 May, 08 (2K/XP)

Download : Link

This program supports both (#0718) EMS TopGun II and (#0508) EMS TopGun.

Supports MAME and other gun shooting games perfectly. With keyboard mapping function.

** This program also supports Vista (32bit), for (#0718) EMS TopGun II.

please excuse my ignorants of not reading all 40 odd pages of this topic. iv been searching for  a way to use a light gun with nulldc to play house of the dead 2 on my cab.

from what i can gatther from this thread is there is some drivers for the topgun lightgun that works with emulators?

could somebody brake it down real quick on how to go about this?

GreatLamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2018, 03:15:17 pm
« Reply #1881 on: June 23, 2008, 06:26:52 am »
EMS Topgun Driver beta2 is out now, with profile support. I think the driver wasnt change but the control panel. Grab it from hkems download page.

lanman31337

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 10, 2024, 10:36:50 am
  • set to ludacris speed!
« Reply #1882 on: June 23, 2008, 10:33:27 am »
So I downloaded the drivers, and the only problem I'm seeing is it isn't showing dual guns in the control panel thingie that it comes with.  Anyone else use dual guns and they're not showing up?

GreatLamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2018, 03:15:17 pm
« Reply #1883 on: June 23, 2008, 05:08:33 pm »
I should think you need to ask that at sales@hkems.com.

djvj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 12, 2022, 02:39:36 pm
« Reply #1884 on: July 02, 2008, 08:21:43 am »
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=29095

PC gets Wii Remote like clone, meet Stix

PRESS RELEASE: GOLIVE2 UNVEILS STIX, A NEW LINE OF WIRELESS, MOTION-SENSING CONTROLLERS SET TO REDEFINE PC GAMING

Compatible with Thousands of Free Online Games, Stix Touch-Screen Controllers Bring Active, Motion-Sensing Gameplay to the PC

CITY OF INDUSTRY, CALIF. - July 1, 2008 - GoLive2, the independent gaming division of Playhut, Inc., today introduced Stix, a new line of wireless, motion-sensing gaming controllers for the PC and Internet. Redefining the PC and online gaming experience, Stix are wireless, touch-screen controllers that allow users to play thousands of free Web-based games as well as Games For Windows® titles with an active, motion-sensing play pattern. For the first time, players can abandon their mouse and keyboard to experience online and PC games in an entirely new way! Available at retailers nationwide in August, Stix are designed for players six years and older.

"Stix will completely change the way people experience online and PC gaming," said Brian Zheng, President, Plahut. "At purchase, Stix will be compatible with thousands of free online and retail games, and we're adding more games to that list daily. The fun is endless with Stix, and the wide-range of free, supported games makes this product perfect for every member of the family."

Introducing an unprecedented level of active gameplay to PC gaming, the motion-sensitive Stix are compatible with thousands of existing, free online games. GoLive2 will unveil two versions of the Stix available at launch: Stix 200 and Stix 400. Designed for casual gamers, Stix 200 adds active gameplay to 2D online gaming. Stix 400 is compatible with both 2D and 3D environments for the ultimate online and Games for Windows gaming experience.

As a compliment to the Stix product line, GoLive2 has also launched a free, online game portal called Sphere (http://Sphere.GoLive2.com) that provides hundreds of free games to play with Stix controllers. Sphere consists of both internally-developed games designed exclusively for the Stix as well as hosted games from online game developers that support Stix. Sphere also features a search engine that connects users to thousands of compatible third-party free, online games. In addition, users can configure their favorite PC games to preferred Stix settings. Finally, developers of all skill levels have the ability to create new games that harness the unique Stix gameplay pattern.

Stix will be available at retailers nationwide in August 2008, along with the Sphere companion site (http://Sphere.GoLive2.com).

For more information on the Stix line, visit www.GoLive2.com.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 04:37:39 pm by djvj »
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

HowTo mod GunCon2 with Aimtraks

Cananas

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2017, 07:39:03 am
  • and the seventh day... PacMan was created
« Reply #1885 on: July 02, 2008, 11:10:01 am »
I thought that compatibility with an O.S. like XP or Vista was taken by the proper drivers. But I see that EMS try to say to us that the TopGun I is not compatible with Vista, because it says that the new TopGun II is it.

How is it possible? Any USB HID incompatibility? Anyone has tried the new drivers in Vista 32 with the 'old' LCD TopGun I?

It could be great if EMS would release a 64 bits driver now that mame support it since months...

mhermann

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2019, 07:10:08 pm
  • We ain't found.........
« Reply #1886 on: July 02, 2008, 12:56:05 pm »
Just sent GoLive2 an email on Stix. I am going to gather more information. But from a hardware standpoint there are no buttons, only "touch screen" buttons. No trigger or anything. But with that said they may be hackable. We will have to see what info comes out about them.

They don't even show a picture of a sensor bar or anything but I would think there would have to be one. I am thinking that the base is USB and plugs into the pc as either a mouse or a joystick. But that is just speculation. Will have to wait and see.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:13:50 pm by mhermann »