Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help everything is blurry  (Read 1001 times)

buildacade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2006, 02:44:21 pm
Help everything is blurry
« on: February 03, 2006, 02:14:08 pm »
Hello, new member here with a monitor issue. Recently bought a dedicated nba jam arcade game, however the monitor was not working due to a bad chassis board. I purchased a new board from 8-liners and installed it. now the monitor comes on but after about a minuite the picture starts to get blurry. if I adjust the screen control, it clears up for about 30 seconds and then the picture slowly turns blurry again.(focus control won't help either).The monitor is the original dating back to 1992.  Any help would be appreciated

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:08:42 pm
Re: Help everything is blurry
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 03:53:02 pm »
had a similar fault on a ducksan this week,the machine had been switched off for over 2 years,when powered up(after many repairs) then screen was well out of focus and dark-i left the machine on for 24 hours for the tube to climatise then adjusted the focus and screen volts,now is fine.worth just trying this first otherwise there could be a poor connection on the wires coming from the lopti to the tube base,or worse your lopti or tube.

censei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2009, 11:02:35 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Help everything is blurry
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 05:16:11 am »
Might be a defective chassis, you might want to return the chassis and see if a new one helps. Make sure you are also using the right chassis for your monitor as these Wei-Ya/Jenn Shin chassis are not universal.