Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: XBOX Controller on the PC.  (Read 3136 times)

betacrash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2022, 03:34:18 pm
  • Women will want what I tell them to want.
XBOX Controller on the PC.
« on: February 10, 2003, 12:33:26 pm »
Hey there. I found this site http://www.codeunderground.com that has drivers for the XBOX gamepad if you were to hook it up to your PC via USB. I hacked the cable by buying an XBox extension cable and connecting it color for color to a USB cabe, leaving out the XBOX's yellow cable since it did not have a match and since I heard that it was an unused feature. Windows recognized it as a USB device and the drivers loaded fine. The issue that I am having is that the rumble is not working nor are the two triggers. I know this is a beta but I am sure that I read that the rumble would work. I was wondering if anybody else has tried this or if you would know that I may have wired it wrong or something. I have read another tutorial about xbox and usb periph's and it mentioned something about connecting the yellow xbox wire to the white USB wire. If you can make sense of it, please let me know. -betacrash

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
Re:XBOX Controller on the PC.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 01:43:12 pm »
How much does an extension cable cost? They are selling prehacked cable with working rumble for $15.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

Frostillicus

• Arcade Artist
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 07:36:29 am
    • My MAME cabinet site
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 04:09:03 pm »
I'm not trying to sound like a smart@ss here, but why would you want to hook up an xbox controller to a PC? Do they have xbox emulators already? ???

Just wondering if there's a reason beyond the usual "I can finally connect my NES cable to my PSX gamepad to my Dreamcast using this special adapter so I can play <insert game> using <insert emulator> " type reasons.

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 04:23:45 pm »
I'm not trying to sound like a smart@ss here, but why would you want to hook up an xbox controller to a PC? Do they have xbox emulators already? ???
I like the original xbox controller.  Its made for adult size hands, and has analog controls, and decent rumble.  Why not use it to play PC games (or Mame games on a machine that isn't inside a cabinet)?  I already have a playstation2 to usb converter and use a Dual Shock 2 to play mame games on my laptop all the time.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2003, 04:25:01 pm by Dave_K. »

betacrash

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 04:49:50 pm »

No Xbox emus (as far as I know) I just like the Xbox controller and wanted to use it with my PC games. thats it. -betacrash

betacrash

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 10:35:44 pm »
I GOT IT TO WORK! I thought I was using the driver from the www.codeunderground.com website but I was using some sort of old ghetto driver. The gamepad works flawlessly with all analog and force feedback functionality intact. Definitely give it a try. Very easy to make. -betacrash

Frostillicus

• Arcade Artist
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 07:36:29 am
    • My MAME cabinet site
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2003, 11:32:43 pm »
Ok Ok I'm curious now - I ordered a cable and await its arrival impatiently .

You guys convinced me.  ;)

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 08:36:40 pm »
I love my xbox controller on my xbox, its perfect for Halo. I wonder how FPS shooters on the pc would work? I was always a trackball for looking keyboard for moving person but I think the xbox controller would be even better on the PC.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

betacrash

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2003, 01:37:26 am »
Actually it is supposed to work very well with FPS's. The people at codeunderground.com have implemented a special feature in the driver where you can enable a FPS friendly configuration on the fly by pressing a certaing button combination. -betacrash