Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hack a TV-out VGA card for Arcade Monitor?  (Read 1657 times)

OSCAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2018, 11:31:53 pm
  • I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem...
    • Oscar Controls
Hack a TV-out VGA card for Arcade Monitor?
« on: February 09, 2003, 09:53:08 am »
Sorry if this has already been discussed before, I just stumbled across it and found it interesting.

TV-out to RGB hack

Could this allow you to run Windows on an arcade monitor?  Apparently the TV-out portion of the card is hacked for the RGB, and a sync connector is added.  What it looks like to me is that by running Windows and using TVTool, you could switch the output of the card to RGB via the TV-out (15KHz), and this should work with an arcade monitor?  It would also allow a standard PC monitor to remain connected to the VGA port if needed.

I wonder how well this would work, if at all?  I realize that this is not as sophisticated as Andy's card, and you would likely be stuck at around 500-600 lines of resolution (because of the TV-out chip) forcing you to use hardware stretch.  Anyway, I have no desire or need to try this out for myself, I just thought I would throw it out there for anyone interested.