Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SK Jukebox Additional Options for Touchscreen  (Read 9276 times)

eist1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2008, 02:38:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
SK Jukebox Additional Options for Touchscreen
« on: January 09, 2006, 03:27:34 pm »
SalmonKing,

First off, SK Jukebox is a great program!! Please keep on going!!

After using the program, I can see a few things that would be nice additions for Touchscreen users such as myself.

1) Larger Search Keyboard (Would probably need to be coded, since the current keyboard looks to be using the XP built in keyboard)
2) Skinnable Buttons
3) Have option to have Song Titles as Button when in Full View Mode (Makes choosing a song much easier while using touchscreen, especially with my fat fingers)
4) Have option to have Jump Window showing all letters and numbers on one screen (Makes it much quicker to hit letter or number using touchscreen)

Other options:

1) Able to choose specified time of playing a specific Genre of music (1 Hour of Rock) similar to AutoDJ in Musicmatch

If these are already available, please let me know, I may have just not found them yet.

Thanks

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
Re: SK Jukebox Additional Options for Touchscreen
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 05:01:06 pm »
SalmonKing,

First off, SK Jukebox is a great program!! Please keep on going!!

After using the program, I can see a few things that would be nice additions for Touchscreen users such as myself.

1) Larger Search Keyboard (Would probably need to be coded, since the current keyboard looks to be using the XP built in keyboard)
2) Skinnable Buttons
3) Have option to have Song Titles as Button when in Full View Mode (Makes choosing a song much easier while using touchscreen, especially with my fat fingers)
4) Have option to have Jump Window showing all letters and numbers on one screen (Makes it much quicker to hit letter or number using touchscreen)

Other options:

1) Able to choose specified time of playing a specific Genre of music (1 Hour of Rock) similar to AutoDJ in Musicmatch

If these are already available, please let me know, I may have just not found them yet.

Thanks

I am currently reworking the touchscreen support, so I will keep these things in mind.  Here are a couple of comments on what you have suggested :

1) Yes, that will require me to write it into the program (or as a seperate program that passes the keys to my program).
2) MAY be possible, but skinning is something I have not been fond of adding to my program.  When the next version comes out, I'll have some notes I came up with when I had a go at adding skinning to the program.
3) This one's not easy at all.  Have you tried increasing the font size in the list?
4) Not a bad idea, I'll see what I can do.

Other Options :

1) What would you want it to do after 1 hour of music was added to the queue (which, btw, will cause a bit of slowdown, as it'll have to get the length of every song in the queue, which it currently does not do.  It only gets the song length for the currently playing song)

JackTucky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:00:58 pm
  • Soon I will post that I am a triathalete
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 11:52:20 am »
Hey SK:

Finally got my touchscreen going.  SK runs, but I don't know how to page the albums  ;D

What's the status of touchscreen support?

Jacktucky
Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 06:13:26 pm »
Hey SK:

Finally got my touchscreen going.  SK runs, but I don't know how to page the albums  ;D

What's the status of touchscreen support?

Jacktucky

Touchscreen support is already available, I was just reworking it.  If you turn on the Keypad, turn on the 'display full album when click on album art' option (then you just need to touch the album art to get the album on screen), then touch a song to add it to the queue (don't require Enter to add it to the queue may be a good option there).

The reworking has stalled, along with the rest of what I was working on.  I've just finished a heap of renovations at home, just in time for our first baby (due next week!).  On top of that, I've had a major project at work that's kept me busy.

Work will continue some time in the future, but give it a month or two before you see anything major happening!!

Feel free to keep making suggestions (all of you....not just you, JackTucky   ;)) ... I do keep pretty good track of them, and will have a look at any reasonable request.  The idea for the touchscreen support is to make the keypad's buttons (I think there's 6 of them.....) customizable.

JackTucky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:00:58 pm
  • Soon I will post that I am a triathalete
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 09:29:13 pm »
Missed the keypad option before.  Gonna put it to the kid test tomorrow.  Your baby can wait.  Get coding!   :D

Congrats and good luck on the pending arrival  :applaud:

Jacktucky
Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 02:15:07 pm »
Hope new baby is keeping you happy/busy/tired....

For when you have a spare moment (ie, probably around 17 birthdays away...  ;) )

I'm using my touchscreen, and wondered if its possible to resize the fonts? My touchscreen is smallish (14") and its quite hard to hit the right song with a chunky finger.....

Cheers, and congrats!

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 10:45:24 pm »
Hope new baby is keeping you happy/busy/tired....

For when you have a spare moment (ie, probably around 17 birthdays away...  ;) )

I'm using my touchscreen, and wondered if its possible to resize the fonts? My touchscreen is smallish (14") and its quite hard to hit the right song with a chunky finger.....

Cheers, and congrats!

Thanks!  The baby is great, but yes, sleep is a little light at the moment.  ;)

You can head into the Options screen & go into Fonts/Colours to resize the font in that list (and several other parts of the screen if needed).

Silver

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:29:00 am
  • Cunning like the Fox.
    • Mods'n'Mods
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 04:08:46 am »
That's awesome....

(about the baby and the fonts, although its sounds wrong to compare the two.....   :cheers: