Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME & Daphne Project Finished...plus 2 Jukeboxes & a Kegerator.  (Read 4276 times)

cdburnerrr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2007, 09:07:01 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
MAME & Daphne Project Finished...plus 2 Jukeboxes & a Kegerator.
« on: September 11, 2006, 03:52:25 pm »
Hello All. My Arcade cabinet has been done for about a year, but I just got around to putting the pictures online. You can check it out at www.thebasementarcade.blogspot.com. Please feel free to post any comments or questions on the blog itself, or in this thread. Thanks for looking. The Arcade Cabinet was built from scratch, runs Windows XP, MAME-32 and DAPHNE. It is also hooked up to my home network so I can play games from any pc in the house. There are over 6,000 games on it.

Before I built the Arcade Cabinet, I built the full sized jukebox. That jukebox currently has almost 400 Gig worth of music on it. It has more than 30,000 songs on it and is running SK Jukebox for the front end. The jukebox has a speaker selector on the top that lets me listen to the jukebox from almost any room in the house, as well as outside on the patio and in the back yard.

The bartop jukebox is my latest project. That one has a much smaller hard drive in it. It is also running SK Jukebox and contains about 100 albums. The front, back and sides are all made out of MDF wood, and then wrapped in black Vinyl. The sides are covered with a long roll of aluminum flashing that I picked up at Lowes. I used epoxy to glue the flashing to one side of the jukebox, then over the top, and back down the other side. After the epoxy set up, I used 3m heavy duty spray adhesive and secured the vinyl over the flashing. The finished product looks pretty good. I may still add some sort of Marquee above the monitor. It looks rather plain up there.

The Kegerator was made out of an old refrigerator that was already in the basement (and painted that color) when we bought the house. All I did was paint the logo on the front, buy the Kegerator conversion kit online, picked up a keg of beer, drilled a hole in the front door of the Fridge and hooked everything up. The drip tray was made out of a metal Corona bucket that I already had. I just cut it down the middle, made a back for it, siliconed it so it was watertight, put a grate on the top of it to hold your glass, and drilled a couple keyholes in the back to mount it to the Fridge door.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:54:32 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Re: MAME & Daphne Project Finished...plus 2 Jukeboxes & a Kegerator.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 04:35:21 pm »
Hmm... do you plan on replacing your 17 inch computer monitor in your MAME cabinet with a larger monitor at some point?

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 06:17:30 pm »
That steering wheel hack looks interesting ...  :cheers:

Cheers.
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

gamecreature

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2008, 08:35:37 pm
  • I'm making this up as I go along.
    • Gamecreature
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 06:24:47 pm »
That steering wheel hack looks interesting ...  :cheers:

Hear, hear!
Make your cabinet look its best with custom art from
Gamecreature!

cdburnerrr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2007, 09:07:01 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 10:38:25 pm »
I probably will upgrade the monitor to a regular arcade monitor if I can find a decent deal on one. All I would need to replace is the plexiglass. The mouse hack, is super cheap, and so far it has been very reliable. I am including a very crude sketch of how I made it. If you have any questions, let me know.

I haven't taken any pictures of the steering wheel hack or the steering wheel outside the cabinet, but I will get some taken, and post them for you.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 10:41:48 pm by cdburnerrr »

theCoder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2010, 10:48:47 pm
  • I'll clean up my mess, Honey, when I'm done...
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 02:29:35 am »
I love the simplicity of your wheel.  Quick release, easy maintenance, simple construction, few points of failure.  Good job!