Main > Reviews

SlikStik Tornado Review

(1/2) > >>

KevSteele:
SlikStik Tornado Spinner Review Now Online

Well, I've (finally!) completed my review of the SlikStik Tornado Spinner and uploaded it my MAMEframe web site. Bottom line: I liked it. I really, really liked it.  ;D

If you enjoy arcade games that originally used a spinner controller, be sure to check it out, as it deserves consideration if you're planning on adding a spinner to your ultimate arcade machine.

http://users.adelphia.net/~kevsteele/mame/index.html
(Click on the Reviews button)

Kevin

Brax:
No comparison against the Oscar spinners?

Kinda makes it hard to make a distinction between the two.

So the Tornado is great... How do we know if the Oscar spinners are greatererer?  ;)

KevSteele:
I'm actually going to be doing a full "spinner shootout" review, just as soon as I get the review units from Oscar Controls. I didn't feel it was fair to do a side-by-side comparison in this review, since the only Oscar spinner I currently have is the discontinued model 1.

There's been a bit of a delay with getting the spinner units from Kelsey, however (nothing bad, in fact it may be something pretty neat, but I can't talk about it ;-) and I wanted to get the Tornado review out as soon as possible.

The comparison review, when it is ready, will include the Oscar Pro, Model 3, a genuine Tron arcade spinner, the SlikStik Tornado, and one more possible contender...

Kevin

dhansen:
Don't forget the hard drive spinner!!! No, wait...nevermind... :'(

Doug

OSCAR:

--- Quote from: kevsteele on February 06, 2003, 03:32:09 pm ---I'm actually going to be doing a full "spinner shootout" review, just as soon as I get the review units from Oscar Controls. I didn't feel it was fair to do a side-by-side comparison in this review, since the only Oscar spinner I currently have is the discontinued model 1.

There's been a bit of a delay with getting the spinner units from Kelsey, however (nothing bad, in fact it may be something pretty neat, but I can't talk about it ;-) and I wanted to get the Tornado review out as soon as possible.

The comparison review, when it is ready, will include the Oscar Pro, Model 3, a genuine Tron arcade spinner, the SlikStik Tornado, and one more possible contender...

Kevin
--- End quote ---

Yes, I admit it, it would me causing the delay in the comparison review.  But the wait will be worth it, I guarantee!   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version