Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SlikStik Tornado Review  (Read 6056 times)

KevSteele

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2021, 08:42:43 am
  • Retrogaming Media Mogul in Rehab
SlikStik Tornado Review
« on: February 06, 2003, 02:16:07 pm »
SlikStik Tornado Spinner Review Now Online

Well, I've (finally!) completed my review of the SlikStik Tornado Spinner and uploaded it my MAMEframe web site. Bottom line: I liked it. I really, really liked it.  ;D

If you enjoy arcade games that originally used a spinner controller, be sure to check it out, as it deserves consideration if you're planning on adding a spinner to your ultimate arcade machine.

http://users.adelphia.net/~kevsteele/mame/index.html
(Click on the Reviews button)

Kevin
Kevin Steele, Former Editor and Publisher of RetroBlast! and GameRoom Magazine

Brax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2009, 09:03:48 am
  • Bring on the power tools!
Re:SlikStik Tornado Review
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 03:15:26 pm »
No comparison against the Oscar spinners?

Kinda makes it hard to make a distinction between the two.

So the Tornado is great... How do we know if the Oscar spinners are greatererer?  ;)
If you build a frankenpanel, chances are I don't care for you as a person.

KevSteele

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 03:32:09 pm »
I'm actually going to be doing a full "spinner shootout" review, just as soon as I get the review units from Oscar Controls. I didn't feel it was fair to do a side-by-side comparison in this review, since the only Oscar spinner I currently have is the discontinued model 1.

There's been a bit of a delay with getting the spinner units from Kelsey, however (nothing bad, in fact it may be something pretty neat, but I can't talk about it ;-) and I wanted to get the Tornado review out as soon as possible.

The comparison review, when it is ready, will include the Oscar Pro, Model 3, a genuine Tron arcade spinner, the SlikStik Tornado, and one more possible contender...

Kevin

dhansen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2024, 04:05:18 pm
  • No Quarters Needed
    • Arcade Stupidity
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 03:33:53 pm »
Don't forget the hard drive spinner!!! No, wait...nevermind... :'(

Doug
..as his cold lifeless fingers lie motionless on the garage floor, all he could hear in his head was...I JUST WANTED TO PLAY A GAME OF DONKEY KONG!!

OSCAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2018, 11:31:53 pm
  • I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem...
    • Oscar Controls
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2003, 03:43:04 pm »
I'm actually going to be doing a full "spinner shootout" review, just as soon as I get the review units from Oscar Controls. I didn't feel it was fair to do a side-by-side comparison in this review, since the only Oscar spinner I currently have is the discontinued model 1.

There's been a bit of a delay with getting the spinner units from Kelsey, however (nothing bad, in fact it may be something pretty neat, but I can't talk about it ;-) and I wanted to get the Tornado review out as soon as possible.

The comparison review, when it is ready, will include the Oscar Pro, Model 3, a genuine Tron arcade spinner, the SlikStik Tornado, and one more possible contender...

Kevin

Yes, I admit it, it would me causing the delay in the comparison review.  But the wait will be worth it, I guarantee!   :)

KevSteele

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2003, 03:46:17 pm »
Yes, I admit it, it would me causing the delay in the comparison review.  But the wait will be worth it, I guarantee!   :)

Trust me, I'm anxiously (and not-so-patiently) awaiting news!  ;)