Main > Lightguns

Dreamcast Lightgun

(1/2) > >>

NIVO:
ok so in your opinion whats the most accurate DC lightgun out there. Im still looking for one. Also, will a guncon work on it with some kind of adapter?? Thanks.

Dave_K.:
Tough question.  I have the pelican dc guns and they calibtrate perfectly, but only if the contrast/brightness is cranked.  I'd think accuracy depends more on the monitor than the gun.  TV's will calibrate easiest (since my nature they are overly bright with high contrast, and big blurring pixels).  I have an old 1992 hanatrex polo 25" arcade monitor that has difficulties calibrating without me cranking the brightness/contrast (but then its to bright for regular games).  I also have a 1998 25" WG Std/Med rez monitor in another cab which was barely used (looks brand new)...this monitor calibrates much easier and is super accurate.

So which gun to get should come down to best feel (not to heavy or awkward, reload button doesn't get in the way) and  best features (auto fire/auto reload)...

As for the guncon, I've never herd of such an adapter.

NIVO:
hey dave, is that called the Pelican Stinger Light Blaster?

SirPoonga:
can a dc lightgun work with a pc monitor?  dc hooked up to a vga box?

NIVO:
another good question SirPoonga! I bought the dragoncast at Gibraltar trade show in michigan, works great but only a handful of games :((, but since I'll be going tv in the cab all will play great, still need to score a dc s-vid cable then hook into a central box to switch between dc and pc for display

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version