Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Slight excessive wobble fixed! Thanks guys!  (Read 3457 times)

RTSDaddy2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2014, 08:28:03 pm
  • Bees! Oh bother!
Slight excessive wobble fixed! Thanks guys!
« on: December 22, 2005, 05:44:42 pm »
A follow up on advice given, and some advice for anyone buildling their own cab right now...

Some time back in the summer, I mentioned to Drew and several others how my cabinet seemed to move side to side a little too freely.  I was told some give was normal, but bracing it again wouldn't hurt.  I believe, in fact, it was Drew (might have been someone else) who told me about doing an "X brace with 2 x 4's" under the monitor shelf.

To cut to the chase, my wife and I finally had time to brace it today.  We feel MUCH better about the safety of the cabinet overall (we added two front vertical braces to the monitor shelf and placed the X brace in the back) as it cut the "wobbles" at least by half.   It still moves a little, as it should, but it was a point earlier where the whole cab would shake if you slammed a joystick too hard.  Was afraid it would just fall apart, and we both knew we'd cry hard had that happened!

Anyway, thanks for the advice!