Main > Monitor/Video Forum

Yeeeoooww!!

(1/4) > >>

Chazz:
My monitor has some slight discoloration in the corner which has happened before and I've always just grabbed a magnet and lightly slid it along the monitor to fix the colour (my monitor's degaussing doesn't work I guess).  Usually I have no problems doing this until last night...

I got the magnet close to the monitor and got this weird feeling shoot up my arm.  It didn't feel like a shock, just a strange pulsing, wave shoot up my arm.  I didn't really hurt, but it scared the hell out of me.

So be careful out there guys when working on your monitors.

~ChaZz

planetjay:
Don't Do That!  ;)

Chazz:
You don't have to tell me tell me twice!  Any sugestions on a safe, easy way to fix the colour?

darkmanx:
get a degaussing coil. im sure someone else can tell you where to get one. (i dont know)

hyiu:
I guess that's the effect of strong electromagnetic field... I'm a pgrmmer... and me and my co-worker are using 21" monitors.... (in an open area where our monitors are basically back to back of each other...)

when he turns his monitor on, not only that my monitor's color will be slightly dis-oriented for a couple of seconds, you can also hear that "Duuuu-annnnn" sound and my head (literally!!!) my head will feel that effect !!!....  its like a wave hitting you.... not like it hurting or anything.... but you can actually feel that "wave" pass thru you....

I hope I made it understandable.... just trying to share my experience....

- Henry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version