Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sides, Chapter 2  (Read 3688 times)

JONTHEBOMB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2019, 12:08:18 am
  • BOOM!!!!
Sides, Chapter 2
« on: December 06, 2005, 11:50:55 pm »
Hello,

I have my base complete and now I need to attach the sides. 
On page 40 of the book if you read in the middle of the paragraph that starts out "Make one last check with the level. . .".
It says "Five evenly spaced screws through the cabinet base and one in each of the baseplates will give plenty of support to allow the rest of the assembly." ???

Does this mean I start by drilling into the cabinet side and going through and into the cabinet base?

This doesn't seem right to me because when I look at figure 2-13 I don't see any screws going into the cabinet side.

Thanks for helping.

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
Re: Sides, Chapter 2
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 11:11:31 am »
Does this mean I start by drilling into the cabinet side and going through and into the cabinet base?
Yup, thats exactly what it means.  Just make sure to countersink the screws so that you can easily cover them with wood putty later.

JONTHEBOMB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2019, 12:08:18 am
  • BOOM!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 09:05:30 pm »
I'm planning to go with a nice wood grain look for the whole cabinet.  Which would look better in those screw holes wood putty or wood glue mixed with oak saw dust?

Note: Cabinet is being made out of plywood with an oak veneer.

RTSDaddy2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2014, 08:28:03 pm
  • Bees! Oh bother!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 07:20:18 am »
Sounds pretty - we did ours out of birch plywood, decided to paint it to match our color scheme in the house...but it would have been just as pretty stained.

A tip: get someone to help with the sides if you hadn't planned to do so.  Those things are hard to attach and make them stay level.  It took three people (myself, my wife, and my dad) to get them attached correctly.