Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Where to find part? or how to design a makeshift one?  (Read 494 times)

Negativecreep0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2020, 10:59:49 am
  • I'm a llama!
Where to find part? or how to design a makeshift one?
« on: December 06, 2005, 08:56:23 am »
this is what i need to complete my showcase cabinet its the part that juts out the back where the monitor is? im not sure of its purpose? maybe to hold the bottom of the monitor chassis? Anyway i tried contacting showcase cabinet maker dynamo they sold me the speaker grill parts but they said they cant sell the part taht juts out the back cause it is part of a whole package. AKA i would need to buy a whole showcase cabinet for them to sell me one.... My question is what is the purpose of this jutting out piece and what could i use that would look like it or where could i get somethingthat looks like it? If i had to build one out of wood how would i go about making one stable i dont think glue and screws would hold the weight of the wood up in the back as it has no support? Any help is appreciated....

Kremmit

• - AHOTW -
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2020, 05:59:29 pm
  • Who the heck is that?
Re: Where to find part? or how to design a makeshift one?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 02:05:56 am »
I think that part is there to keep your fingers out of the monitor tube.   ;D

Just build a box out of wood to go back there, or cut the back off of an old TV.