Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Midway Style Cocktail Glass Info  *Help*  (Read 3082 times)

JLR2000

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2021, 02:49:16 pm
  • There is NO Sanctuary...
Midway Style Cocktail Glass Info  *Help*
« on: April 21, 2002, 09:53:07 pm »
Okay folks, any info you might have regarding this post would be most appreciated....

Not quite a year after building my mame upright, I've got a midway style cocktail cab (gutted) that I want to Mame.  It was a "Trivia Whiz" by Merit when I got it, but the cocktail cab looks exactly like the galaga/pac-man style cocktails, with the white glass behind the control panels.  The only diff I see so far is that the cp's are wood.  When I took out the buttons you can even tell that a joystick and 1 or 2 button holes were there first.  Anyway, I'm looking to fix this up and I'm kinda lost on where to get replacement glass.  I'm not sure of the dimensions, the type of glass, thickness, etc.  I know a lot of people use lexan, but I'd like to price out glass if at all possible.  Anyone know where I can find replacement glass or how much this would be?  If not, anyone know the dimensions that I could give to a glass company to get priced out?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks for your time.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

jelloslug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2005, 03:55:59 pm
  • Splut!
    • Jelloslugs Arcade
Re: Midway Style Cocktail Glass Info
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2002, 08:07:26 am »
The glass is 1/4" thick tempered glass 32" x 22" with 3.50" radius on each corner (you might want to verify this on your cabinet, the corner radius can be a bit different from game to game).  I have see them for sale for about $60 from arcade supplers but I have had a local glass shop quote $15 for NON-tempered glass.  Unless you have clumsy kids, wife, self ect. tempered glass is not worth the extra price.  The difference between tempered and non-tempered is that when you break tempered, it will crumble like a car window and standard glass will make sharp shards.  PM me and I can send you a full sized drawing so you can have a template to take to a glass shop.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »