Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Neotec monitor repair  (Read 2166 times)

mikeisbroke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2006, 01:35:48 pm
Neotec monitor repair
« on: March 09, 2006, 06:50:41 pm »
Here is/are my problem(s)...

1.) I have recently bought an arcade cabinet with a 33" Neotec monitor. I cannot find a model number anywhere on the chassis, but the word neotec is printed in the center of the chassis. It came hooked up to a CPS2 board, so I am assuming it is a standard resolution monitor. The monitor worked when I first bought it, but there was some warping of the image on the right side of the screen. I replaced the CPS2 board with a Jpac/Arcade OS running on an extra PC. The Jpac was set to divide the PC signal until Arcade OS started and sent the right signal to the monitor. It worked, but the Jpac was bad and wouldn't display the color green. I was using the defective Jpac while waiting for the replacement to come. I know it was probably a bad idea, but i got exited. I turned on the cabinet/PC, and the monitor would not come up at all. I am not sure if the signal sent to the monitor was too high, or if the monitor died of natural causes. It started making a semi-high pitched whining noise. Here is my dilemma. I don't have a problem trying to install a cap kit for the monitor, but I don't know if this will fix the problem or not. I am also having a hard time finding parts for the monitor. Happ Controls lists a cap kit for a 33" neotec monitor, but from the model number that they have listed, it is for an EGA monitor (I believe?). The monitor looks brand new and I hope it will be repairable.

2.) I wouldn't be opposed to having someone else fix it if the repair is outside of my technical ability or if it would be a waste of time replacing perfectly good parts. I don't have any equipment other than a soldering iron and time, so troubleshooting is out of the question.  Does anyone know of someplace that is near Arizona that can troubleshoot and repair monitor chassis. I am located in Arizona/Southern California area.   

If a picture would help, let me know, and I will add one tonight when I get home from work. The monitor is still in the cabinet, but I should be able to get something to help ID the chassis.

Any tips, help, and experience is appreciated.

Mike
(p.s. I have the new Jpac now and the setup works fine on my other cabinet)

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Neotec monitor repair
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 10:41:07 am »
Telephone the tech support depatment at the manufacturer, www.neotechgraphic.com

If I remember correctly, Neo Tec has a Los Angeles office.