Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Virtual Jukebox 3 Beta Released!  (Read 1022 times)

VMJ Team

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2007, 09:29:50 am
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
Virtual Jukebox 3 Beta Released!
« on: January 23, 2003, 11:26:44 am »
First...get it here (3.78) megs

http://www.cybertechdesign.net/software/VJ3Beta.zip

Round 3...please keep in mind that this is "BETA"...I've done all the testing I can on a Win98SE machine (since that's where most of v2's bugs were reported from).  I must say that I've either done a crappy job of testing or a good job at rewriting the software...I haven't been able to find a single bug (but of course, I only played with V3 for about 1.5 hours last night before I passed out from exhaustion).  I'm sure they're in there...help me find the bugs!

I.  I've modified the registration security...so I don't get bombared with emails requesting codes.  If you install Version 3 beta into the same directoy as Version 2, you will not need a new code...this will go away in the full Release of Version 3.

II.  (Shameless plug, but with good intentions) For those who haven't registered Virtual Jukebox...here's a head-up on the registration fee.  While VJ is still in beta, the reg fee will remain $15USD.  Once V3 is released, the registration fee will be increasing slightly...so save and register VJ now and receive all future updates free.

III.  After much thought and some feedback from current users...I have decide to hold off on implimenting a ripping feature with FREEDB access...why recreate the wheel, as someone in here put it.

IV.  I've researched making VJ compatible with playing CDG files (kareoke), it will require the use of 3rd party controls, which, as a programmer..I'm seeing if I can develop my own controls without having to purchase someone elses.  This may, or may not be developed in Version 3...but will definately (or at least I'm optimistic) be in version 4.

V.  Visualizations....require OPENGL or DirectX programming, since I can't find any ready made plugins for VB (unless anyone knows of any)...so I will be writing my own...this will take time (which is a precious commodity lately)...could be V3 or V4.

VI.  Did not encorporate any hard drive scanning feature for MP3...I've fried my brain thinking of this one...someone else's turn.  I can locate any/all music or video files on the computer in their current location...but then what?  If they do not contain any indication of artist/album (which 99.9% of the time, they don't), what to do with them?  Unless someone has a suggestion on how to deal with this, I've given up on this one (sorry, this is the only feature I think someone has requested that was not implimented).

VII.  Playlists, will be encorporated before the official release...I'm currently working on it and didn't want to delay the release of the Beta version.

VIII.  NEW FEATURES:
1) Option to always show album titles (on top of cover)
2) Option to always show artist name (on top of cover)
3) Option to display lyrics in album cover area
4) Option to display lyrics in left half of screen
5) Option to display lyrics full screen
6) Option to display videos in album cover area
7) Option to display videos full screen
8) Replaced exit mode with 5-digit selection code (REVISING)
9) Replaced shut down mode with 5-digit selection code (REVISING)
10) Currently 9999 album limit
11) Removed preload feature (enhanced current load method)
12) Added tooltips to settings screen for option descriptions
13) Added feature for touch screen users to select all albums (dbl-click on cover in interactive mode)
14) Option to turn off system prompt (Yes or No dialog boxes).
15) Holding down the left or right slide buttons will make the albums scroll at double speed.
16) Redesigned the settings screen to seperate program functions.
17) Allow for "on-the-fly" changes..do not have to restart after making setting changes.
18) Removed the "Scheme" feature.
19) Fixed resizing problem (doesn't need to reload albums)
20) Added a VJ splash screen
21) Arcade navigation mode (use VJ in arcade cabinet)

Please provide feedback, suggestions...
thanks.